Dake Bible Discussion BoardFood for thought

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
Grandfather
Bless the Lord with All Thine Soul and Forget Not Who Forgiveth All Thine Iniquities

Re: Food for thought

Post by Grandfather »

luchnia wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:59 am
Interesting thoughts. In my opinion, God did not have anything to do with any of the things mentioned above and it would be interesting to see why someone thought God was involved in such things. I do agree that people's focus can get off.
I'll be brief, so the answer may be overly simplistic.

Everyone drawing breath on this earth is a sinner and as such is worthy of death. The wages of sin are death kind of thing. However, there are some sinners that have been saved by grace through faith. God does not owe any person their next breath, we all live and breathe because of his grace and mercy.

Sometimes God pulls back on his mercy and we experience the consequences of our actions. He allows us to experience what we deserve. Does God "send it" or does he allow it? Could He stop it, of course he could. But no matter how you cut it God is involved to some degree.

luchnia
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Re: Food for thought

Post by luchnia »

Grandfather wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:02 pm
luchnia wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:59 am
Interesting thoughts. In my opinion, God did not have anything to do with any of the things mentioned above and it would be interesting to see why someone thought God was involved in such things. I do agree that people's focus can get off.
I'll be brief, so the answer may be overly simplistic.

Everyone drawing breath on this earth is a sinner and as such is worthy of death. The wages of sin are death kind of thing. However, there are some sinners that have been saved by grace through faith. God does not owe any person their next breath, we all live and breathe because of his grace and mercy.

Sometimes God pulls back on his mercy and we experience the consequences of our actions. He allows us to experience what we deserve. Does God "send it" or does he allow it? Could He stop it, of course he could. But no matter how you cut it God is involved to some degree.
It is my opinion that God is not as involved in the affairs of this world as many think and I believe that is because legal rights belong to the evil one and God uses man and does not step in in certain areas. The saints are the only ones that have power over what the evil one holds and the saints control that by the faith of God and in God.

Saints have the power to bind and loose and control many other things in this world that they don't. There are few if any today that will stand in the gap and bind evil forces, nor loose the flow of providence. They merely ask God to do what they have already been given the power to do. That is why little to nothing gets accomplished because they operate in error.

I know probably few hold to this view, but it is my opinion that this is scripturally based. Again this is simply my opinion along these lines.

Word up!

Spiritblade Disciple

Re: Legal Rights Belong to the Evil One

Post by Spiritblade Disciple »

luchnia wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:32 am
It is my opinion that ... legal rights belong to the evil one...
Would you mind explaining why you believe that "legal rights belong to the evil one"?

Matthew 28:18 New King James Version
And Jesus came and spoke to them, saying, "All authority has been given to Me in Heaven and on Earth."

Matthew 5:19-20 New King James Version
"Whoever therefore breaks one of the least of these commandments, and teaches men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever does and teaches them, he shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven. For I say to you, that unless your righteousness exceeds the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, you will by no means enter the kingdom of heaven."

luchnia
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by luchnia »

Spiritblade Disciple wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:50 am
luchnia wrote:
Would you mind explaining why you believe that "legal rights belong to the evil one"?

And Jesus came and spoke to them, saying, "All authority has been given to Me in Heaven and on Earth."
To me having authority over heaven and earth is much different than being the prince and god of this world. Satan has not been cast into the pit at this time and still reigns over this world even though that may be a pseudo role. Dake put it very well, "Satan is the present usurper of man's dominion -- the "prince" and "god" of this world's system."

Word up!

Spiritblade Disciple

Post by Spiritblade Disciple »

luchnia wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 6:48 am
luchnia wrote:

To me having authority over heaven and earth is much different than being the prince and god of this world. Satan has not been cast into the pit at this time and still reigns over this world even though that may be a pseudo role. Dake put it very well, "Satan is the present usurper of man's dominion -- the "prince" and "god" of this world's system."
I guess I have a bit of difficulty with the idea that an usurper would have legal rights?

Matthew 5:19-20 New King James Version
"Whoever therefore breaks one of the least of these commandments, and teaches men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever does and teaches them, he shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven. For I say to you, that unless your righteousness exceeds the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, you will by no means enter the kingdom of heaven."

luchnia

Post by luchnia »

Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:30 pm
luchnia wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 6:48 am
luchnia wrote:

I guess I have a bit of difficulty with the idea that an usurper would have legal rights?
I think I know what you mean and maybe legal rights is not the best of terms, yet if he is the god of this world's system, would not he be permitted rights over such system. I even wonder how death is the last enemy to be offered up since we and Jesus have authority over it, yet it still exist. Yet we know the sting is different now.

No doubt it is challenging to understand, but when you think about it in a "who has rights to what" way it makes some sense. There must be some level of rights or man would not be able to be tempted by evil, because evil has a right to exist because of choices men have made. Probably a topic for another thread.

Word up!