Dake Bible Discussion BoardBuilding doctrines while closing off other relevant scriptures.

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
luchnia
Shall Not He that Spared Not His Own Son Freely Give Us All Things?

Building doctrines while closing off other relevant scriptures.

Post by luchnia »

Thought I would post this idea again. It has been bounced around a small bit on this forum from time to time.

How often do we see doctrines build around one or even a few scriptures and yet other relevant scriptures are not accepted. We see prophecies loaded with fallacy these days.

We see this in this forum and other forums, in regular churches, mega churches, on the Internet, youtube, various other media, and so on it goes, you see this over and over again.

Here is an example. I remember as a younger man hearing verses pulled out of Romans chapter 6 and 7 and a completely false doctrine coming forth from it. That false doctrine is that no one can ever be free from sin and will always sin. You will always be a worm with a fallen nature and can never change that.

Another example might be from the so-called prophetic circles. One will say they have some special visitation from God, yet the majority of what they prophecy falls short and cannot be backed up from scripture. Youtube is loaded with these fruit baskets these days and no one holds them accountable. The sheeples are drawn to them like moths to a flame.

The thing about this is that with simply reading more of what was actually being taught in scripture (sometimes the very next verse or relevant chapters) the false doctrine(s) would be exposed. I think the problem that comes in is that men build the doctrine and continue it and faith grows in it and then they cannot find correction in the relevant scriptures that may prove it false.

Consider if you were giving false prophecy day by day and speaking that to yourself and others it would become true to you and no matter how much scripture you were shown you would not be open to change because you have built faith in your doctrine. It has become strong unto you and now it is your belief that it is true. You are not open to any correction from God's word or reproof from men.

Next there are those that refuse to search and study more because they have an insecurity or fear about exposure of being wrong. My understanding dramatically changed when I confronted insecurity and fear about such things and found that the Truth of God is more important than my security in what I knew. I had to 'wise-up" and clean the slate if I was ever to grow.

I became a sponge for knowing the things of God, even the deep things. It changed my attitude to one of "if any doctrine I have is false, I want it far away from me because it is not His." I want to know ALL about God and truth from the Spirit. A man can guide himself into untruths - things of ignorance if he is not open to the guidance of the Spirit. To me knowing Him and His knowledge required me to be an open vessel to Him. I desire to paint His character within me by His word.

It is my opinion, that many turn the switch off to the things of God because of what they hold to, and men that they listen to and cling to, and an overall refusal to grow in His knowledge. In orther words, remain ignorant because of a variety of factors.

What are your thoughts? Do you share any of these thoughts, or maybe have other thoughts along these lines to share?

Word up!

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Re: Building doctrines while closing off other relevant scriptures.

Post by branham1965 »

Forget about knowing all about God.
Saint Paul said "we know in part" "we see through a glass darkly". :|
This side of Eden we get the Word of God to be a lamp to our feet and a light to our path.We will have limited knowledge.

I listen to good solid people on youtube.It is wise to keep an open and teachable spirit toward God and man.

Grandfather
Pray for Them which Despitefully Persecute You

Post by Grandfather »

Many doctrines should be held as a man holds a bird. Firm enough that it does not slip from his grasp, but not so tight he will kill it.

luchnia
Shall Not He that Spared Not His Own Son Freely Give Us All Things?

Post by luchnia »

Grandfather wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 4:38 pm
Many doctrines should be held as a man holds a bird. Firm enough that it does not slip from his grasp, but not so tight he will kill it.
That is a most interesting statement. I remember when I was young learning how to hold a baby bird with the correct amount of pressure so as not to kill it as it is very fragile.

Word up!