Dake Bible Discussion BoardShould Soldiers Stop Soldiering?

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
luchnia
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Re: Should Soldiers Stop Soldiering?

Post by luchnia »

Hill Top wrote:
Mon Mar 16, 2020 11:05 pm
luchnia wrote:
Mon Mar 16, 2020 3:41 pm
Hill Top wrote:
Mon Mar 16, 2020 2:51 pm
luchnia wrote:
Mon Mar 16, 2020 11:56 am
I wonder how many pacifist would change when a rapist attempts to rape their child and kill their family. What if there becomes an altercation and the the attacker gets killed in that altercation? Situations can be very different, but there have been times when the strictest of pacifist had decided to kill to save their family, or in many cases to save others.
The non-Christians pacifists can break as many vows as they wish...from their fleshly existence.
I was not referring to a non-Christian. I already know what evil doers do, Christians defend the lives of their family against evil doers.
Christians pray to God for His protection.
They adhere to the Godly exhortations designed for their protection.
I agree and His answers are often give them a sword (exhortation) to defend themselves as Jesus did the disciples on certain of their journeys. BTW, that is NT.

Word up!

luchnia
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Re: Consult a Psychologist

Post by luchnia »

Spiritblade Disciple wrote:
Mon Mar 16, 2020 11:39 pm
Hill Top wrote:
Mon Mar 16, 2020 11:08 pm
If God is telling you to kill, in the NT, you should consult a psychologist.
It is written..."Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord." (Rom 12:19)
Not talking vigilantism. We're talking about soldiers and governing authorities who are God's ministers to execute vengeance and wrath and do nor bear the sword in vain.
Yep, God executes vengeance and wrath in full righteousness through various means and men are simply one of the ways it is carried out.

Word up!

Hill Top
He that Receiveth a Righteous Man in the Name of a Righteous Man shall Receive a Righteous Man's Reward

Post by Hill Top »

Hill Top wrote:
It is written..."Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord." (Rom 12:19)
Not talking vigilantism. We're talking about soldiers and governing authorities who are God's ministers to execute vengeance and wrath and do nor bear the sword in vain.
Those "ministers" need not be lovers of God and lovers of neighbor as self.
God can and does use the wicked for His purposes...ie. Egyptians and Persians.

Hill Top
He that Receiveth a Righteous Man in the Name of a Righteous Man shall Receive a Righteous Man's Reward

Post by Hill Top »

branham1965 wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 2:36 am
Born Again Christians are in the Army of the Lord.

See Ephesians 6:10-18 they are to wear armor.

2 Corinthians 10:3-5 Saint Paul says believers war and have weapons.

We are told to fight the good fight of faith 1 Timothy 6:12.

1 Timothy 1:18, 2 Timothy 2:3-4 " Therefore endure hardness as a good soldier of Jesus Christ."
Our warfare isn't against men, but against wickedness.
It is written..."(For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds;)"
You seem to be advocating taking up carnal weapons.
Last edited by Hill Top on Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hill Top

Post by Hill Top »

luchnia wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 6:18 am
Hill Top wrote:
Mon Mar 16, 2020 11:05 pm
luchnia wrote:
Mon Mar 16, 2020 3:41 pm
Hill Top wrote:
Mon Mar 16, 2020 2:51 pm
luchnia wrote:
Mon Mar 16, 2020 11:56 am
I wonder how many pacifist would change when a rapist attempts to rape their child and kill their family. What if there becomes an altercation and the the attacker gets killed in that altercation? Situations can be very different, but there have been times when the strictest of pacifist had decided to kill to save their family, or in many cases to save others.
The non-Christians pacifists can break as many vows as they wish...from their fleshly existence.
I was not referring to a non-Christian. I already know what evil doers do, Christians defend the lives of their family against evil doers.
Christians pray to God for His protection.
They adhere to the Godly exhortations designed for their protection.
I agree and His answers are often give them a sword (exhortation) to defend themselves as Jesus did the disciples on certain of their journeys. BTW, that is NT.
Where...in the NT?

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

Phil,
I did not put those verses in the Bible.
The Christian wars against the world,the flesh and the devil. I was not talking about carnal warfare.

Hill Top wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:14 pm
branham1965 wrote:

1 Timothy 1:18, 2 Timothy 2:3-4 " Therefore endure hardness as a good soldier of Jesus Christ."
It is written..."(For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds;)"

Spiritblade Disciple

Re: Ministers Need Not be Lovers of God or Neighbor

Post by Spiritblade Disciple »

Hill Top wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:09 pm
Hill Top wrote:
Wouldn't it be better if all government officials and soldiers were truly Christians? Or, do you think that'd be a bad thing?

Also, is it impossible for soldiers or government officials to be real Christians?

Matthew 5:19-20 New King James Version
"Whoever therefore breaks one of the least of these commandments, and teaches men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever does and teaches them, he shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven. For I say to you, that unless your righteousness exceeds the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, you will by no means enter the kingdom of heaven."

Hill Top

Post by Hill Top »

branham1965 wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:53 pm
Phil,
I did not put those verses in the Bible.
The Christian wars against the world,the flesh and the devil. I was not talking about carnal warfare.

Hill Top wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:14 pm
branham1965 wrote:

Shouldn't we carry things a step further?
Shouldn't we all be carrying weapons to thwart wickedness in our streets?

Hill Top

Re: Ministers Need Not be Lovers of God or Neighbor

Post by Hill Top »

Tue Mar 17, 2020 8:21 pm
Hill Top wrote:
Hill Top wrote:
Wouldn't it be better if all government officials and soldiers were truly Christians? Or, do you think that'd be a bad thing?
It would be better, but as advocates of obedience to God will "do no violence", the criminals would over run the place unless God stepped in to do as He will eventually do anyway.
Also, is it impossible for soldiers or government officials to be real Christians?
I do feel that way.
Christians align themselves with God, and by swearing an allegiance to something else have turned that "something else" into an idol.

luchnia

Post by luchnia »

Hill Top wrote:
Hill Top wrote:
All soldiers and governing authorities that had to kill someone are wicked?

Word up!