Dake Bible Discussion BoardDoes the Bible Teach Reincarnation?

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Re: Does the Bible Teach Reincarnation?

Post by branham1965 »

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THERE IS A LITERAL BURNING HELL!!!
AND REINCARNATION IS A LIE FROM HELL.

dolph wrote:
Sat Feb 29, 2020 2:57 pm
Very interesting that Branham believed in annihilation. Even reincarnation makes some logical, if not biblical sense. Perhaps in some form we haven't been privy to, especially when one thinks of their own family members who might have missed salvation because they were deceived.

Spiritblade Disciple

Post by Spiritblade Disciple »

branham1965 wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 4:52 pm
NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THERE IS A LITERAL BURNING HELL!!!
Just a thought...

The idea that there is a literal burning Hell (and I believe there is) is not incompatible with the idea of reincarnation. In theory, (and I don't believe this)... But, in theory, someone could go to Hell and then be reincarnated. I don't see this as something taught in the Bible, though.

Matthew 5:19-20 New King James Version
"Whoever therefore breaks one of the least of these commandments, and teaches men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever does and teaches them, he shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven. For I say to you, that unless your righteousness exceeds the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, you will by no means enter the kingdom of heaven."

Spiritblade Disciple

Re: A Lie From Hell?

Post by Spiritblade Disciple »

branham1965 wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 4:52 pm
Interesting thought...

A lie from Hell? Is there such a thing?

In my understanding, Hell is a good thing and a great mercy. Created by God to separate the wicked from the righteous; truly demonstrating the mercy of God by separating evil-doers from their intended victims.

Where does the idea that lies come from Hell come from? Is there a Bible passage that supports this?

Matthew 5:19-20 New King James Version
"Whoever therefore breaks one of the least of these commandments, and teaches men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever does and teaches them, he shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven. For I say to you, that unless your righteousness exceeds the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, you will by no means enter the kingdom of heaven."

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 »

There is NO such thing as reincarnation.

There IS such a thing as a person being born again and becoming a new creation in Christ.2 Corinthians 5:17.

dolph wrote:
Sat Feb 29, 2020 3:35 pm
Spiritblade Disciple wrote:
Sat Feb 29, 2020 12:26 pm
Grandfather wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 6:46 pm
I've always wondered about the concept of "few" --- it goes against the grain of logical thinking that Satan would win more souls than the God of creation.

As to torment - I believe being separated from the giver of life is the ultimate torment.
dolph wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 7:47 pm

I still think there is more to this mystery. It could involve... annihilation ...

Interesting.

Several famous theologians (such as John Stott and Edward Fudge) have argued that belief in annihilation should be considered an orthodox belief. The famous preacher, William Marrion Branham, taught annihilationism very strongly.

Do you know of any biblical passages supporting annihilationism?
God is love. Annihilation is better than eternal torture. Another chance, or reincarnation shows agape love. Perhaps God was just testing and saving those who would qualify to be kings and priests, joint heirs and brothers with Christ. We have been given His "divine nature". Keeping in mind that those saved after the second advent will inherit eternal life on the earth as opposed to those of the body of Christ who have a heavenly future.
Last edited by branham1965 on Fri Mar 20, 2020 2:25 am, edited 1 time in total.