Dake Bible Discussion BoardDoes the Bible Teach Reincarnation?

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
Spiritblade Disciple

Does the Bible Teach Reincarnation?

Post by Spiritblade Disciple »

Grandfather wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 6:46 pm
I've always wondered about the concept of "few" --- it goes against the grain of logical thinking that Satan would win more souls than the God of creation.

As to torment - I believe being separated from the giver of life is the ultimate torment.
dolph wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 7:47 pm

I still think there is more to this mystery. It could involve... reincarnation...

Interesting. Do you know of any biblical passages supporting reincarnation?

Matthew 5:19-20 New King James Version
"Whoever therefore breaks one of the least of these commandments, and teaches men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever does and teaches them, he shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven. For I say to you, that unless your righteousness exceeds the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, you will by no means enter the kingdom of heaven."

Hill Top
Whosoever shall Give to Drink unto One of These Little Ones a Cup of Cold Water Only in the Name of a Disciple, He shall in No Wise Lose His Reward

Re: Does the Bible Teach Reincarnation?

Post by Hill Top »

Spiritblade Disciple wrote:
Fri Feb 28, 2020 10:40 pm
Grandfather wrote:
I've always wondered about the concept of "few" --- it goes against the grain of logical thinking that Satan would win more souls than the God of creation.

As to torment - I believe being separated from the giver of life is the ultimate torment.
dolph wrote:

I still think there is more to this mystery. It could involve... reincarnation...
Yeah...and what happens to the allegedly reincarnated at the end of the world?

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 »

That falls under the WAR ON THE SAINTS in GPFM or DARB.READ IT!!!

There is no re incarnation.It is a doctrine of devils. :-| :-|

luchnia
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by luchnia »

Hill Top wrote:
Fri Feb 28, 2020 11:45 pm
Grandfather wrote:

dolph wrote:

They turn into rabbits LOL +goofy

Word up!

dolph
Go Forth, Preaching Every Where... And, the Lord Shall Work With You, Confirming His Word With Signs Following

Post by dolph »

Hill Top wrote:
Fri Feb 28, 2020 11:45 pm
Grandfather wrote:

dolph wrote:

First of all, there is no "end of the world". Even during the coming millennium people of this present world who survive the tribulation, will have an opportunity to be saved, with Jesus and the saints walking the earth. God could've reincarnated the unsaved of this age onto another planet/civilization giving them an other chance to be saved. Other questions arise: Why should children get a free pass to Heaven when they were born with a fallen nature? What of all those before Christ around the world born with a fallen nature? Maybe all of us have lived our whole lives in a test tube of sorts with every thing around us as props on a stage like in the Truman Story movie. Is any thing impossible for God? Clearly, there must be much more to the information we've been given so far. Even at the end of the millennium the number of the lost will be "as the sands of the sea".

Spiritblade Disciple

dolph wrote:
Sat Feb 29, 2020 2:57 pm
Even reincarnation makes some logical, if not biblical sense. Perhaps in some form we haven't been privy to, especially when one thinks of their own family members who might have missed salvation because they were deceived.
Have you ever looked into what Judaism teaches about reincarnation? Or, what the beliefs of the Israelis were during the time of Christ concerning reincarnation? Are there any New Testament texts that hint at the idea that reincarnation may have been a popular belief during the time of Christ? For that matter, what about the Old Testament texts or the Apocrypha?

"Whoever therefore breaks one of the least of these commandments, and teaches men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever does and teaches them, he shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven. For I say to you, that unless your righteousness exceeds the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, you will by no means enter the kingdom of heaven."

Grandfather
Bless the Lord with All Thine Soul and Forget Not Who Forgiveth All Thine Iniquities

Post by Grandfather »

Grandfather wrote:

dolph wrote:

What do you mean by reincarnation?

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

There are two fates for all men.

If they are saved and born again then they will be with the Lord Jesus and the saints and angels in Heaven.

If unsaved they will go to a literal burning Hell for ever.

dolph
Go Forth, Preaching Every Where... And, the Lord Shall Work With You, Confirming His Word With Signs Following

Post by dolph »

branham1965 wrote:
Sat Feb 29, 2020 9:37 pm
There are two fates for all men.

If they are saved and born again then they will be with the Lord Jesus and the saints and angels in Heaven.

If unsaved they will go to a literal burning Hell for ever.
There is a third: If you survive the tribulation you will live during the millennium when 1/3 of the Jews who are saved at Christ's return will evangelize the world. Dake makes this very clear.

Spiritblade Disciple

Grandfather wrote:

dolph wrote:

Grandfather wrote:
Sat Feb 29, 2020 4:05 pm
What do you mean by reincarnation?

That's actually why I asked Dolph the following:

Sat Feb 29, 2020 3:22 pm
Have you ever looked into what Judaism teaches about reincarnation? Or, what the beliefs of the Israelis were during the time of Christ concerning reincarnation? Are there any New Testament texts that hint at the idea that reincarnation may have been a popular belief during the time of Christ? For that matter, what about the Old Testament texts or the Apocrypha?

In my research, I've discovered that there are actually many different beliefs about reincarnation that vary quite a bit from one another. Some of the Jewish beliefs are very interesting and don't work in any way like most people I know would understand reincarnation to work from a pop-spirituality perspective.