Dake Bible Discussion BoardShould Rich Christians Give Away All Their Money?

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.

Should Rich Christians Give Away All Their Money?

Yes
No votes
No
100%

Total votes: 5

luchnia
Shall Not He that Spared Not His Own Son Freely Give Us All Things?

Re: Should Rich Christians Give Away All Their Money?

Post by luchnia »

Grandfather wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:40 pm
Riches is a relative term. Most people in America are considered "rich" by the majority of the world. But re-read my statement. I did not say if you were rich, but instead ask if God is pleased with what you have done with the riches He has entrusted you with. He may have entrusted you will great riches, or little riches. Perhaps I should say "5 talents or 1 talent" Either way, the truth is that God is going to hold us accountable.
I would think that God is not pleased by the way people handle what God has entrusted to them.

A good example is how someone might be emotionally moved by a TV commercial with sickly animals pulling at one's emotions and send them money while their own family does without. You know animals come first before their own family for a lot of people. Another example is how people spend for lottery tickets dreaming they will score the next big haul and their kids don't have decent shoes to wear.

You see this all to often and the excuses they use amazes me to no end. The church and other public "beg-athons" ensnare many especially this time of year with their bleeding heart pleas behind tears to send money while many operate above a 25% expense margin while their top end managers rake in millions often never to be questioned. BTW, I need another 50 million dollar jet - time to start a beg-a-thon and get the sheeples sending it in.

I don't believe God is pleased with those type of things one bit. Yet many of the people that give to such things will stand in line for handouts so they continue their poor management of what God has entrusted to them. Those are the types that often say, "It is what comes from the heart that God sees." I don't think it is wise to handle what you have been given in such ways, however there are two sides of this coin when it comes to those asking and those giving.

Word up!

Grandfather
Pray for Them which Despitefully Persecute You

Post by Grandfather »

luchnia wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 7:18 am
Grandfather wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:40 pm
Riches is a relative term. Most people in America are considered "rich" by the majority of the world. But re-read my statement. I did not say if you were rich, but instead ask if God is pleased with what you have done with the riches He has entrusted you with. He may have entrusted you will great riches, or little riches. Perhaps I should say "5 talents or 1 talent" Either way, the truth is that God is going to hold us accountable.
I would think that God is not pleased by the way people handle what God has entrusted to them.

A good example is how someone might be emotionally moved by a TV commercial with sickly animals pulling at one's emotions and send them money while their own family does without. You know animals come first before their own family for a lot of people. Another example is how people spend for lottery tickets dreaming they will score the next big haul and their kids don't have decent shoes to wear.

You see this all to often and the excuses they use amazes me to no end. The church and other public "beg-athons" ensnare many especially this time of year with their bleeding heart pleas behind tears to send money while many operate above a 25% expense margin while their top end managers rake in millions often never to be questioned. BTW, I need another 50 million dollar jet - time to start a beg-a-thon and get the sheeples sending it in.

I don't believe God is pleased with those type of things one bit. Yet many of the people that give to such things will stand in line for handouts so they continue their poor management of what God has entrusted to them. Those are the types that often say, "It is what comes from the heart that God sees." I don't think it is wise to handle what you have been given in such ways, however there are two sides of this coin when it comes to those asking and those giving.
I too am surprised by the church's approach to wealth. While prosperity preachers point to Abraham, David, Solomon why do they avoid the rest of the Jew? Mary and Joseph... why are they mentioned among the wealthy? John the Baptist? Paul, worked to be self-supporting and not a burden.

I do not begrudge a man being rewarded for this labor. But Boaz made the Bible by being generous and leaving stuff behind. The vineyard owner paid everyone the same wage, even those that only worked a part of the day. I see too many "Christians" buy bigger houses, newer cars, taking fancier vacations when they could be financing the kingdom.

Again, I do not have a problem with Christians being rich. I do often question what they do with that wealth, but that is between them and the Lord. They don't answer to me, nor I to them. I can easily sleep at night knowing I am being as responsible for what God has entrusted to me as He has instructed.

luchnia
Shall Not He that Spared Not His Own Son Freely Give Us All Things?

Post by luchnia »

Grandfather wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 6:19 pm
Again, I do not have a problem with Christians being rich. I do often question what they do with that wealth, but that is between them and the Lord. They don't answer to me, nor I to them. I can easily sleep at night knowing I am being as responsible for what God has entrusted to me as He has instructed.
In one of my earlier post I mentioned balance or moderation. I believe this is key and what is missing in much of today's teaching about the providence of God. The scales are often out of balance. Nothing wrong with storing up as Abraham did, yet do people store up today in the same manner as Abraham did and for the same reasons? I think we find most often that is not the case. Wealth is taught from a standpoint of the importance of being wealthy.

A thought comes to mind of how the saints of God view a person that decides to build a home that has 17 bathrooms in it and begs each week for thousand dollar checks and pressing on the sheeples they must do that to be following God or they won't receive blessings. Or maybe building multi-million dollar homes on islands while those go hungry withing a few miles away. We all know that is BS'ing the sheeples to the worst degree. I may be wrong but I believe there will be a price to pay for such deceit, but let's face it, the sheeples need to grow a brain.

Word up!

Grandfather
Pray for Them which Despitefully Persecute You

Post by Grandfather »

luchnia wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 6:11 am
Grandfather wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 6:19 pm
In one of my earlier post I mentioned balance or moderation. I believe this is key and what is missing in much of today's teaching about the providence of God. The scales are often out of balance. Nothing wrong with storing up as Abraham did, yet do people store up today in the same manner as Abraham did and for the same reasons? I think we find most often that is not the case. Wealth is taught from a standpoint of the importance of being wealthy.

A thought comes to mind of how the saints of God view a person that decides to build a home that has 17 bathrooms in it and begs each week for thousand dollar checks and pressing on the sheeples they must do that to be following God or they won't receive blessings. Or maybe building multi-million dollar homes on islands while those go hungry withing a few miles away. We all know that is BS'ing the sheeples to the worst degree. I may be wrong but I believe there will be a price to pay for such deceit, but let's face it, the sheeples need to grow a brain.
It all comes down to how God is directing the individual and no one but that individual can answer that question. My "fear" is that too many have numbed their hearts (and hearing) by being deceitfully conformed to the world. I've heard "teachers" attempting to give rational answers for spending ungodly sums of money for transportation. (yes, adding a new jet to a fleet of jets) but not considering how that same amount of money could be invested in teaching others to teach others.

I do believe there are more excesses than we know. And when we get to heaven I will not be surprised if some of these multi-millionaire family dynasties are given condos while the person in the small house and the struggling church is awarded a great mansion.