Dake Bible Discussion BoardKEEP REPENTING OR ETERNAL SECURITY?

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
bibleman
Administrator

Re: KEEP REPENTING OR ETERNAL SECURITY?

Post by bibleman »

Hill Top wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:55 pm
dolph wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 5:39 pm
Time to run up the white flag, HT, it's too embarrassing for you. Repent for propagating false doctrine. You are out numbered a billion to one. Would God give us a doctrine that only one person would believe and send every one else to Hell?
I am not alone in my obedience to God.
Jesus conquered sin, so why are you defending a dead tyrant?
Ah but that is just it - you are not obedient to God!

The Bible instructs us to not fear even in the valley of the shadow of death.

You disobey that instruction. Evidently because you don’t believe God is with you. For if you did as David said you would not fear!

Psalms 23:4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.

God bless
Leon Bible

http://www.ministryhelps.com
http://www.dakebible.com
http://www.dakebibleboard.com
https://www.facebook.com/groups/DakeBibleDiscussion/

The fault in Bible complications is not with God or the Bible, but with men who refuse to believe what God says and think we have to interpret what He says in order to get the meaning. Dake Bible -Mark 11:17 note

Hill Top
In My Name Shall They Cast Out Devils

Post by Hill Top »

bibleman wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:38 pm
Hill Top wrote:
dolph wrote:
Time to run up the white flag, HT, it's too embarrassing for you. Repent for propagating false doctrine. You are out numbered a billion to one. Would God give us a doctrine that only one person would believe and send every one else to Hell?
You disobey that instruction. Evidently because you don’t believe God is with you. For if you did as David said you would not fear!
I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
Then so was Jesus.

bibleman
Administrator

Post by bibleman »

Hill Top wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:09 pm
bibleman wrote:
Hill Top wrote:
dolph wrote:
Then so was Jesus.
Are you seriously saying the Jesus violated Psalms 23:4?

God bless
Leon Bible

The fault in Bible complications is not with God or the Bible, but with men who refuse to believe what God says and think we have to interpret what He says in order to get the meaning. Dake Bible -Mark 11:17 note

luchnia
Shall Not He that Spared Not His Own Son Freely Give Us All Things?

Re: Death Penalty v. Non-Death Penalty Sins

Post by luchnia »

Hill Top wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:59 pm
luchnia wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:16 pm
Hill Top wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:55 pm
bibleman wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:25 pm
So is it even possible for you to Give up your faith?

It is possible.
I thank God for all the warnings, exhortations and teachings in the bible to help me keep on track.
How do you reconcile this with your favorite verse:
1 John 3:9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.
Sin will show me I was never really "born of God".
That which was portrayed as an oak is bringing forth onions...Is it really an oak tree?
Or sin will show you that you were born of God and fell, thus thank God for all the warnings, exhortations, and teachings in the bible to allow us to choose not to follow sin and its master and stay on the right track.
How could one think they were ever born of God if they are committing sin?
God's seed cannot bring forth the fruit of the devil.
They would think it in the way scripture shows us in the many examples and they need not be ignorant of the warnings they were given. SIn is a deceiver - don't think people don't know they have fallen and chosen sin. The blessing here is that Jesus, Paul, John, and James written words balances when you understand how this process works.

One must know the methods that the evil one travels or they simply won't understand the process of the deception of sin. One of the primary goals of the evil one is to steal the seed (word) from a man's heart and how do you think he does that? What is his method to do that? When you understand sin you understand why the Spirit through the writers gave the warnings He gave the saints to show them how to stand against sin. Yet even so some did fall.

I do not advocate sin in any form and I know there is NO sin in Christ or God's seed nor can be, yet I am not so unlearned about the seed of the enemy that I don't realize one can be tempted and drawn away to birth sin and commit sin against God receiving and following another seed. God forbid that such a thing happen to a child of God, yet scriptures shows it did and will happen.

I applaud you and praise God for you recognizing the warnings, exhortations, and teachings that help you, and all saints, stay on track and hope you continue to do so. One thing is for sure there are holes in the "saint cannot fall" doctrine that need to be sewn up before light will come to those clinging to it.

Word up!

luchnia
Shall Not He that Spared Not His Own Son Freely Give Us All Things?

Post by luchnia »

Hill Top wrote:
bibleman wrote:
Hill Top wrote:
dolph wrote:
Then so was Jesus.
Can you elaborate? According to Hebrews 5 Jesus feared, but what fear did He have that did not give birth to sin. What was the fear that Jesus had and how did He handle it?

Word up!

Hill Top

Post by Hill Top »

bibleman wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:09 am
Hill Top wrote:
bibleman wrote:
Hill Top wrote:
dolph wrote:
Then so was Jesus.
No, you are.

Hill Top

Re: Death Penalty v. Non-Death Penalty Sins

Post by Hill Top »

luchnia wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 7:11 am
(HT wrote)...How could one think they were ever born of God if they are committing sin?
God's seed cannot bring forth the fruit of the devil.
They would think it in the way scripture shows us in the many examples and they need not be ignorant of the warnings they were given. Sin is a deceiver - don't think people don't know they have fallen and chosen sin. The blessing here is that Jesus, Paul, John, and James written words balances when you understand how this process works.
One must know the methods that the evil one travels or they simply won't understand the process of the deception of sin. One of the primary goals of the evil one is to steal the seed (word) from a man's heart and how do you think he does that? What is his method to do that? When you understand sin you understand why the Spirit through the writers gave the warnings He gave the saints to show them how to stand against sin. Yet even so some did fall.

I do not advocate sin in any form and I know there is NO sin in Christ or God's seed nor can be, yet I am not so unlearned about the seed of the enemy that I don't realize one can be tempted and drawn away to birth sin and commit sin against God receiving and following another seed. God forbid that such a thing happen to a child of God, yet scriptures shows it did and will happen.

I applaud you and praise God for you recognizing the warnings, exhortations, and teachings that help you, and all saints, stay on track and hope you continue to do so. One thing is for sure there are holes in the "saint cannot fall" doctrine that need to be sewn up before light will come to those clinging to it.
Amen.

Hill Top

Post by Hill Top »

luchnia wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 7:16 am
Hill Top wrote:
bibleman wrote:
Hill Top wrote:
dolph wrote:
Then so was Jesus.
Can you elaborate? According to Hebrews 5 Jesus feared, but what fear did He have that did not give birth to sin. What was the fear that Jesus had and how did He handle it?
I would think fear of torture and death.
He handled it by being obedient to His Father, with faith that all would work out for the good.
If bibleman and dolph want to use a "fear is sin" course of reasoning, then they must also be accusing Jesus of sin...and quite erroneously.
Sometimes fear is a good thing.
The fear of God leads to eternal life.

bibleman
Administrator

Post by bibleman »

Hill Top wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:17 pm
bibleman wrote:
Hill Top wrote:
bibleman wrote:
Hill Top wrote:
dolph wrote:
Then so was Jesus.
No, you are.
Wow. So now because of your prideful refusal to admit your sin of doubt and fear you are trying to drag Jesus into your sin.

Dangerous ground my friend.

God bless
Leon Bible

Hill Top

Post by Hill Top »

bibleman wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:51 pm
Hill Top wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:17 pm
bibleman wrote:
Hill Top wrote:

No, you are.
Wow. So now because of your prideful refusal to admit your sin of doubt and fear you are trying to drag Jesus into your sin.
Dangerous ground my friend.
I'm just following your reasoning.
If fear is a sin, as you posit, then Jesus was a sinner.

Either that or fear is not a sin.
The sin would be in the actions taken because of, or in spite of the fear.