Dake Bible Discussion BoardKEEP REPENTING OR ETERNAL SECURITY?

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Re: KEEP REPENTING OR ETERNAL SECURITY?

Post by branham1965 »

ANYONE who says the SINNERS PRAYER is false and of the devil needs run from.

I once belonged to a church that teaches water salvation.They say that sinners cannot pray and wrest the Scriptures.

Hill Top
In My Name Shall They Cast Out Devils

Post by Hill Top »

branham1965 wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 7:09 pm
That is not what that means. :-|
I knew your seed false teaching would wrest these verses.
Paul is referring to the man in One Corinthians 5 chapter five.
What is your proof?
It seems like it could be any of the formerly charged children of the devil.
Either way, conversion is offered to them.
You always pass over this teaching from the Word. Dude we have talked about this subject over a year and you are not about to listen to the Word.
If you would provide "the word's" corroboration of your POV, it would be easy to accept.
Two Corinthians chapter two verses 6-7 refer to the man who repented.
2 Corinthians chapter 12 verses 14-21.
To the contrary, verse 21 mentions those who have NOT repented, but I see no mention of anyone who has already repented.
Did you cite the proper chapter?
This proves your church doctrine false.Read 19 dearly beloved-christians
20 they had sin in their church at Corinth.And committed sexual sin also verse 21.
I couldn't find it in 1 or 2 Corinthians. ???
Read acts 8.Simon believed and was baptized.Peter told him to repent and pray God to forgive him.
As i have stated before, baptism without repentance is just a bath.
Your church teaches false doctrine.
1.You deny the trinity
All I've said about the trinity here is that I can't find a mention of it in the bible.
2.You teach baptismal regeneration or water salvation
It is you, it seems, that calls it "water salvation".
I call water baptism not only obedience to Jesus, (Mk 16:16), but one of the links in the chain making up our course out of darkness, without which there is no salvation.
3.You teach that believers cannot backslide.
So does 1 John 3:9..."Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God."
Backsliding is the indication that one wasn't born of God to begin with.
4.You are not only sinless and perfect (in your eyes)but are never tempted!!
Never tempted?
I wish.
God has, however, gracefully given us this verse to rely on during temptation..."There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it." (1 Cor 10:13)

Please remember that Paul wrote..."Awake to righteousness, and sin not; for some have not the knowledge of God: I speak this to your shame." (1 Cor 15:34)
And..."Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity." (2 Tim 2:19)
Plus Peter wrote..."Forasmuch then as Christ hath suffered for us in the flesh, arm yourselves likewise with the same mind: for he that hath suffered in the flesh hath ceased from sin;" (1 Peter 4:1)
And John, by the grace of God, wrote..."We know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not; but he that is begotten of God keepeth himself, and that wicked one toucheth him not." (1 John 5:18)

These are the bricks in my "false" doctrine, so your argument is with the apostles of the Lord and not with me.

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 »

Why Phil,
that is the first time i ever heard you say that stuff.NOT!!!!!!!IF YOU HAVE NOT REPEATED THAT STUFF A HUNDRED TIMES...

Paul addressed churches in his epistles.These folks were regenerated by the Spirit of God.These were believers who needed instruction just like we need it today.

It was 2 Corinthians 12:14-21 read that.Paul is talking to the church.baptized believers!!!Not to hustlers and harlots and the local pool hall!!!!

How do you lead a sinner to Christ???Shake his hand and dunk him in water??!!!He goes in a dry sinner and comes out a wet one!!!!
UNLESS A PERSON CRIES OUT IN FAITH TO THE LORD AND CONFESSES THEIR SINS AND WRETCHEDNESS THEY ARE NOT TO BE BAPTIZED!!!
MATTHEW 28:18-20;2 CORINTHIANS 13:14 PROVES THE TRINITY.AS DOES PAGE 280 OF THE STANDARD DAKE BIBLE.

ONLY BELIEVERS ARE TO BE BAPTIZED. YOU DO NOT GET SAVED IN THE WATER.THAT IS MORMONISM,CHURCH OF CHRIST = CAMPBELLISM AND CATHOLICISM.

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

Phil,
Who is Jesus Christ to you?

Hill Top

Post by Hill Top »

branham1965 wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:48 pm
Why Phil,
that is the first time i ever heard you say that stuff.NOT!!!!!!!IF YOU HAVE NOT REPEATED THAT STUFF A HUNDRED TIMES...
Paul addressed churches in his epistles.These folks were regenerated by the Spirit of God.These were believers who needed instruction just like we need it today.
Yes, and he is writing about false believers who have manifested their lack of belief by sinning.
It was 2 Corinthians 12:14-21 read that.Paul is talking to the church.baptized believers!!!Not to hustlers and harlots and the local pool hall!!!!
Agreed.
And he is writing ABOUT false brethren.
How do you lead a sinner to Christ???Shake his hand and dunk him in water??!!!He goes in a dry sinner and comes out a wet one!!!!
Is that what rev. Dake teaches?
I teach as Peter did...I tell the interested to repent of sin and be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of (past) sins. Do this and you will receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
UNLESS A PERSON CRIES OUT IN FAITH TO THE LORD AND CONFESSES THEIR SINS AND WRETCHEDNESS THEY ARE NOT TO BE BAPTIZED!!!
MATTHEW 28:18-20;2 CORINTHIANS 13:14 PROVES THE TRINITY.AS DOES PAGE 280 OF THE STANDARD DAKE BIBLE.
I wish you would make up your mind about baptism.
Now it is necessary?
ONLY BELIEVERS ARE TO BE BAPTIZED. YOU DO NOT GET SAVED IN THE WATER.THAT IS MORMONISM,CHURCH OF CHRIST = CAMPBELLISM AND CATHOLICISM.
What if they don't want to get baptized?
Are they "saved" anyway?
Jesus said that they who believe AND are baptized will be saved.
I believe that.

Hill Top

Post by Hill Top »

branham1965 wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:01 am
Phil,
Jesus is the Word, manifested in the flesh.

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

Phil

NO ONE on here teaches that people should sin.
Are you saying you have not sinned in thought ,word or deed in 14 years!!!!

who
1. DENIES THE DIVINE TRINITY
2.TEACHES BAPTISMAL REGENERATION

Do i need to say more???!!!!

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

DO YOU believe that the LORD JESUS CHRIST is God manifested in the flesh???

Hill Top wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:18 pm
branham1965 wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:01 am
Phil,
Jesus is the Word, manifested in the flesh.

Hill Top

Post by Hill Top »

branham1965 wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:11 pm
Phil
NO ONE on here teaches that people should sin.
Why do you preach that nobody can quit committing sin?
Are not the two teachings the same?
Are you saying you have not sinned in thought ,word or deed in 14 years!!!!
As I have said before, but you won't believe it if I say it a hundred times.
Obedience to God seems like a foreign language to you.

It is written..."Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and election sure: for if ye do these things, ye shall never fall:" (2 Peter 1:10)
Why do you insist this verse is a lie?

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

That is enough Phil.