Dake Bible Discussion BoardFirst John 3:9

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
Hill Top
Repent and Be Baptized in the Name of Jesus Christ Because of the Remission of Sins

Re: First John 3:9

Post by Hill Top »

branham1965 wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:14 am
Reverend Dake "the Walking Bible" himself could not change some people's beliefs.

Its like the flat earth thing. I think its a dead horse.
Do you believe these two following verses?
"For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:
That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit." (Rom 8:3-4)
If you do, then you know sin has been condemned.
If you do, you know that the righteousness of the Law can be fulfilled in us.
If you do, you know that some walk in the Spirit and not in the flesh.

If you don't, then sin still is alive and...winning.
If you don't, then the Law cannot be fulfilled in us.
If you don't, then no man can walk in the Spirit.

I do believe these two verses.

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 »

I believe all the verses you post.

What i differ with is your comments on the verses.And your views on the verses(in some cases.)

Hill Top wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:27 pm
branham1965 wrote:
Reverend Dake "the Walking Bible" himself could not change some people's beliefs.

Do you believe these two following verses?
"For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:
That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit." (Rom 8:3-4)
If you do, then you know sin has been condemned.
If you do, you know that the righteousness of the Law can be fulfilled in us.
If you do, you know that some walk in the Spirit and not in the flesh.

If you don't, then sin still is alive and...winning.
If you don't, then the Law cannot be fulfilled in us.
If you don't, then no man can walk in the Spirit.

I do believe these two verses.

luchnia
Shall Not He that Spared Not His Own Son Freely Give Us All Things?

Post by luchnia »

branham1965 wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:26 pm
Ok luchnia.

DO YOU BELIEVE AS HILLTOP DOES ON SIN??That a Christian cannot sin or fall away????

If you DO then YOU DON'T believe as Reverend Dake did!!!!
People can fail and backslide.

Listen to Reverend Dake's messages on youtube.He is so very good.
Notice the divine authority he has to teach and minister the Word.
luchnia wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:14 pm
branham1965 wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:57 am
What you two guys teach on here i totally disagree with.
Others disagreed with you guys too.

Hill Top wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 10:33 pm
branham1965 wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 10:00 am
Reverend Dake taught holiness.He was strong on it and i believe him.

But he did not teach what you are teaching.Not at all.
Either I am teaching something NOT aimed at holiness, or else our definitions of holiness do not match.
Which is it?
Again interesting. I posted information straight from Dake's work, Bible Truths Unmasked and I am posting the very same thing which is exactly what Dake taught - one and the same.Yet, you state he did not teach the same?

Maybe we should take BTU and break it down and all the references Dake used to prove his point about how the saint does not live in sin and see if there is any point I disagree with Dake on. I have studied his material on this subject extensively and find that I agree with him on this issue. I also believe that Dake's view on this is the same concepts as the Word teaches us.
Please try to understand my many posts on this subject. I do not teach what Hilltop teaches. I do not agree with Hilltop on the issue that a saint cannot fall to sin and some other things such as the water baptism issue. If I am not mistaken Hilltop believes once someone is saved they can never fall away.

There is a difference in a saint falling away and a saint being in sin. The two are not the same thing. The first can happen, but the later cannot. I find Dake and I agree on this subject, but I find from your various posts that you disagree with Dake on this issue. As I have stated before, I respect your right to believe as you wish. I believe BTU is spot on about the saint being free from sin and living in holiness as Dake clearly points out.

Word up!

luchnia

Post by luchnia »

branham1965 wrote:

I agree that you cannot change some people's beliefs. To me the sin issue is nothing like the flat earth issue and will never be a dead horse because that was the message of the Savior - He set us free. Sin will damn a man, while believing in a flat earth won't.

I stand amazed at how many will chase sin to no end, while proclaiming to live a holy sanctified life before God - basically living a lie while justifying their sin. You cannot change their beliefs, but you can give them Word and let the Word work. I think I remember Dake saying something along the lines of men must quit the sin business and live holy or be doomed.

Word up!

Hill Top
Repent and Be Baptized in the Name of Jesus Christ Because of the Remission of Sins

Post by Hill Top »

luchnia wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:29 pm

Please try to understand my many posts on this subject. I do not teach what Hilltop teaches. I do not agree with Hilltop on the issue that a saint cannot fall to sin and some other things such as the water baptism issue. If I am not mistaken Hilltop believes once someone is saved they can never fall away.
Do you believe grape vines can bring forth figs?
No?
Then how can the seed of God bring forth the devils fruit?
There is a difference in a saint falling away and a saint being in sin. The two are not the same thing. The first can happen, but the later cannot.
A saint can fall away, but not be in sin?
What is the difference between falling away and being in sin?

luchnia

Post by luchnia »

Hill Top wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:56 pm
luchnia wrote:

Do you believe grape vines can bring forth figs?
No?
Then how can the seed of God bring forth the devils fruit?
There is a difference in a saint falling away and a saint being in sin. The two are not the same thing. The first can happen, but the later cannot.
Comparing a fig tree with a person eliminates choice power. It is a poor comparison in this case. Even James says that out of their mouths proceed cursing and blessing and yet that ought not to happen, so yes the fig tree bore olives. It really has little to do with one choosing sin over righteousness except for the fact that James shows they had choice power to choose correctly and stop mixing this stuff together. I would suggest reading James 3:9-15 and understand the context of what James is portraying.

Don't want to rehash this so briefly remember one with God's seed cannot sin. So there is no such thing as a sinning saint and never will be. As I have stated before it is an impossibility. The question you may want to ask yourself is what happens when a person chooses to reject God and go into sin as many did in scripture. At the moment that occurs they have become servants of sin as we see in Romans and other places - to whom you yield you serve. Some even went into apostasy to the point of no return even to blasphemy.

The Spirit of God does not lead one to sin. The person is tempted and chooses sin themselves. God does not tempt man to sin - there is no darkness in God. The temptation to sin comes from a different master and the yieldedness from the individual that succumbs to it. Read James chapter 1 to understand the process of how sin works. There is a small number of steps to the process, yet falling to yield to sin is a process.

Word up!

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 »

luchnia
I have had a Dake Bible since i was 16-17 years old!!!!I am 58 -almost now.

When people get on this and ride it into the ground it gets tedious and very old.
luchnia wrote:
branham1965 wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:26 pm
Ok luchnia.

DO YOU BELIEVE AS HILLTOP DOES ON SIN??That a Christian cannot sin or fall away????

If you DO then YOU DON'T believe as Reverend Dake did!!!!
People can fail and backslide.

Listen to Reverend Dake's messages on youtube.He is so very good.
Notice the divine authority he has to teach and minister the Word.
luchnia wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:14 pm
branham1965 wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:57 am
What you two guys teach on here i totally disagree with.
Others disagreed with you guys too.

Hill Top wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 10:33 pm
branham1965 wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 10:00 am
Reverend Dake taught holiness.He was strong on it and i believe him.

But he did not teach what you are teaching.Not at all.
Either I am teaching something NOT aimed at holiness, or else our definitions of holiness do not match.
Which is it?
Again interesting. I posted information straight from Dake's work, Bible Truths Unmasked and I am posting the very same thing which is exactly what Dake taught - one and the same.Yet, you state he did not teach the same?

Maybe we should take BTU and break it down and all the references Dake used to prove his point about how the saint does not live in sin and see if there is any point I disagree with Dake on. I have studied his material on this subject extensively and find that I agree with him on this issue. I also believe that Dake's view on this is the same concepts as the Word teaches us.

There is a difference in a saint falling away and a saint being in sin. The two are not the same thing. The first can happen, but the later cannot. I find Dake and I agree on this subject, but I find from your various posts that you disagree with Dake on this issue. As I have stated before, I respect your right to believe as you wish. I believe BTU is spot on about the saint being free from sin and living in holiness as Dake clearly points out.

Hill Top

Post by Hill Top »

luchnia wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 6:35 am
Comparing a fig tree with a person eliminates choice power.
You are clouding the reality of what Jesus spoke.
Fig trees cannot bear anything from another seed.
Neither can God's seed bear fruit of the devil.
Don't go adding men's wisdom to Godly tenets.
It is a poor comparison in this case. Even James says that out of their mouths proceed cursing and blessing and yet that ought not to happen, so yes the fig tree bore olives.
I sense you have crossed the line over to the defense of sin camp.; that God's seed can bear murder, adultery; theft, and idolatry.
I hope I am wrong.
It really has little to do with one choosing sin over righteousness except for the fact that James shows they had choice power to choose correctly and stop mixing this stuff together. I would suggest reading James 3:9-15 and understand the context of what James is portraying.
This is what James is portraying..."If you want to infer that you are born of God, you CANNOT bear the fruit of the devil".
Don't want to rehash this so briefly remember one with God's seed cannot sin. So there is no such thing as a sinning saint and never will be. As I have stated before it is an impossibility. The question you may want to ask yourself is what happens when a person chooses to reject God and go into sin as many did in scripture. At the moment that occurs they have become servants of sin as we see in Romans and other places - to whom you yield you serve. Some even went into apostasy to the point of no return even to blasphemy.
You have just successfully undone your first paragraph's point.
The Spirit of God does not lead one to sin. The person is tempted and chooses sin themselves. God does not tempt man to sin - there is no darkness in God. The temptation to sin comes from a different master and the yieldedness from the individual that succumbs to it. Read James chapter 1 to understand the process of how sin works. There is a small number of steps to the process, yet falling to yield to sin is a process.
So...grape vines cannot bear figs. I'm glad to see you are back on track.
I do agree that there are "steps" in the process of committing sin.
And as Gal 5:24 says those that are Christ's have crucified one of the steps, lust, those that are Christ's cannot commit sin.
No lust...no sin.
This point also kills the idea of accidental sin.
No enticement, no lust, no temptation...no sin.