Dake Bible Discussion BoardFirst John 3:9

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
Grandfather
Pray for Them which Despitefully Persecute You

Re: First John 3:9

Post by Grandfather »

Hill Top wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 1:26 am
Grandfather wrote:
Sat Oct 05, 2019 2:53 pm
Hill Top wrote:
Sat Oct 05, 2019 2:03 pm
Grandfather wrote:
Sat Oct 05, 2019 1:56 pm
Hill Top wrote:
Sat Oct 05, 2019 1:18 pm
branham1965 wrote:
Sat Oct 05, 2019 7:51 am
GO to Bible Gateway or Bible Hub and use the free commentaries on this verse.Study the whole book.

Any man that tells me he is perfect is a liar.And i would tell him so.

People on here are making disciples of others and hissing while doing so with charm.
Are you actually insinuating that the devil is tricking or fooling people into obeying God?
If that is your understanding of this post I suggest you enroll in a reading comprehension class as soon as possible.
That is exactly what I understood you wrote.
Then sign up for that reading comprehension class. You heard what you wanted to hear, not what was said. (or in this case, written.) If your comprehension is really as poor as this, then I will avoid conversations with you in the future because you have demonstrated the inability to grasp the intention of the most basic communications.
I really didn't think your "hissing" comment was funny or cute.
only a further indication that you had no idea what was being discussed. Sign up for that reading comprehension class as soon as possible

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 »

Rev.Dake did NOT teach what you are teaching and did not teach baptismal regeneration.
Hill Top wrote:
Grandfather wrote:
Hill Top wrote:
Grandfather wrote:
Hill Top wrote:
branham1965 wrote:
GO to Bible Gateway or Bible Hub and use the free commentaries on this verse.Study the whole book.

People on here are making disciples of others and hissing while doing so with charm.
Are you actually insinuating that the devil is tricking or fooling people into obeying God?
If that is your understanding of this post I suggest you enroll in a reading comprehension class as soon as possible.
Then sign up for that reading comprehension class. You heard what you wanted to hear, not what was said. (or in this case, written.) If your comprehension is really as poor as this, then I will avoid conversations with you in the future because you have demonstrated the inability to grasp the intention of the most basic communications.

raymond5555
James

Post by raymond5555 »

That is correct.brother Dake did not teach baptismal regeneration

Hill Top
Go Ye Into All the World, and Preach the Gospel to Every Creature

Post by Hill Top »

raymond5555 wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 5:41 pm
Does rev Dake attribute regeneration to something else?

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 »

Reverend Dake to my understanding debated D.R.Welch a Oneness Pentecostal debater,Jesus Only preacher years ago.And maybe a few more.

Being born of water and of the Spirit is the water of the word Eph.5:26 ,1 Peter 1:18 and of the Holy Spirit.
Notes on Matthew 3:11 Dake Bible
FORGIVENESS NOT BY WATER ...

The verses in John 1 are referring to natural descent see NIV study Bible and text.
WE ARE SAVED BY BLOOD THE BLOOD OF JESUS ON THE CROSS.WITHOUT THE SHEDDING OF BLOOD IS NO REMISSION OF SINS HEBREWS 9:22.

Hill Top wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 10:39 pm
raymond5555 wrote:

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

I just don't want some searching person who has bought a Dake Bible to come on here and read that stuff and be misled.
My Pastor would tell new converts in the front of the church as only he could
that they would be approached by people " read this book,come here do this,do that...he said "I am the Pastor of this church.If you give me 6 months you will know more than most do in 25 years...

Hill Top wrote:
Grandfather wrote:
Hill Top wrote:
Grandfather wrote:
Hill Top wrote:
branham1965 wrote:

luchnia
Shall Not He that Spared Not His Own Son Freely Give Us All Things?

Post by luchnia »

Hill Top wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 10:39 pm
raymond5555 wrote:
I am like the kid in class that wants to raise his hand and answer this because it is one of those super easy questions to answer, but since it is not directed at me I will hold my zealousness back :mrgreen:

Word up!

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

The hissing thing was not necessary.You would think i was 12 years old.

Hill Top wrote:
Grandfather wrote:
Hill Top wrote:
Grandfather wrote:
Hill Top wrote:
branham1965 wrote:

Hill Top

Post by Hill Top »

branham1965 wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:15 am
Reverend Dake to my understanding debated D.R.Welch a Oneness Pentecostal debater,Jesus Only preacher years ago.And maybe a few more.
How is that significant?

Being born of water and of the Spirit is the water of the word Eph.5:26 ,1 Peter 1:18 and of the Holy Spirit.
Notes on Matthew 3:11 Dake Bible
FORGIVENESS NOT BY WATER ...
It was to John the Baptist...and Peter.
Mark 1:4 John did baptize in the wilderness, and preach the baptism of repentance for the remission of sins.

Luke 1:77 To give knowledge of salvation unto his people by the remission of their sins,

Luke 3:3 And he came into all the country about Jordan, preaching the baptism of repentance for the remission of sins;

Luke 24:47 And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.

Acts 2:38 "Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost."

In light of 1 John 5:8..."And there are three that bear witness in earth, the Spirit, and the water, and the blood: and these three agree in one."...it really is impossible to separate one from another in the regeneration of men.

Romans 6:3-4 says..."Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?
Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life."..."newness of life" equates to regeneration or rebirth to me.
But keeping in mind that the blood of Christ is applied to our bodies at our immersion into Him at His death, it is imperative that we are baptized.
Water and blood working together, so what about the Spirit?
1 Cor 6:11..."And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God."
"In the name of the Lord Jesus" connects perfectly to Peter's Acts 2:38 command to get baptized for the remission of sins "in the name of Jesus Christ".
"And by the Spirit of our God"...these things are inseparable.
Water, Spirit, and blood all working as one for the glory of God.

Hill Top

Post by Hill Top »

branham1965 wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:38 am
The hissing thing was not necessary.You would think i was 12 years old.
Forgiven.
All is good.