Dake Bible Discussion BoardFirst John 3:9

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
raymond5555
James

Re: First John 3:9

Post by raymond5555 »

Are you talking to hilltop?

Hill Top
In My Name Shall They Cast Out Devils

Post by Hill Top »

Grandfather wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2019 6:33 pm
Okay, I'll bite... who was John writing to? why was John writing to them? was this simply an informative letter or was he addressing a particular theme? what style or genre did he use? (hint - he uses several) where does it use the technique of amplification? John used a style called "chiasmus" in which lines mirrored one another in inverse fashion, it is done for effect, where is that done and what is the purpose? (Hint if you only look at the mirrored line you are seeing the inverse of what the intent is, just like as one looks in a mirror you see a flipped image.) What are the two main topics that John addressed? (hint: he opens with "this is the message")

Now, I've given you enough information that a 4th grader can generally get the right answers, so I'll wait. but I' won't hold my breath
The "mirror" to verse 9 is verse 8.
Those who commit sin are the children of the devil.

Grandfather
Pray for Them which Despitefully Persecute You

Post by Grandfather »

Hill Top wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:34 pm
Grandfather wrote:
Okay, I'll bite... who was John writing to? why was John writing to them? was this simply an informative letter or was he addressing a particular theme? what style or genre did he use? (hint - he uses several) where does it use the technique of amplification? John used a style called "chiasmus" in which lines mirrored one another in inverse fashion, it is done for effect, where is that done and what is the purpose? (Hint if you only look at the mirrored line you are seeing the inverse of what the intent is, just like as one looks in a mirror you see a flipped image.) What are the two main topics that John addressed? (hint: he opens with "this is the message")

Now, I've given you enough information that a 4th grader can generally get the right answers, so I'll wait. but I' won't hold my breath
Oh, my goodness, you got the obvious one. There are others where are they? And I notice you haven’t attempted any of the other questions.

Hill Top

Post by Hill Top »

Grandfather wrote:
Fri Oct 04, 2019 11:54 am
Hill Top wrote:
Grandfather wrote:

Oh, my goodness, you got the obvious one. There are others where are they? And I notice you haven’t attempted any of the other questions.
Which seed are you born of?

Grandfather

Post by Grandfather »

Hill Top wrote:
Fri Oct 04, 2019 1:48 pm
Grandfather wrote:
Hill Top wrote:
Grandfather wrote:

incorruptible seed

Hill Top

Post by Hill Top »

Grandfather wrote:
Fri Oct 04, 2019 6:54 pm
Hill Top wrote:
Fri Oct 04, 2019 1:48 pm
Grandfather wrote:
Hill Top wrote:
Grandfather wrote:

incorruptible seed
I'm glad you are an non-sinner too.
Praise be to God!

Grandfather

Post by Grandfather »

Hill Top wrote:
Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:51 pm
I'm glad you are an non-sinner too.
Praise be to God!
Not so sure about the “too” part.

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 »

AS with all false doctrines ie baptismal regeneration and others this is a hobby horse for some.
In fact it is almost all some talk about.They act if no other verses are in the Bible!!!!!!

Reverend Gordon Lindsay :angel: said there is a difference in committing a sin and living in sin.

IF a believer is living in sin he is a backslider.

To say believers never miss it is false.It misleads people who read this board

It is a wrong as folks attacking preachers with out fear and submitting to NO ONE.

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 »

GO to Bible Gateway or Bible Hub and use the free commentaries on this verse.Study the whole book.

Any man that tells me he is perfect is a liar.And i would tell him so.

People on here are making disciples of others and hissing while doing so with charm.

Grandfather

Post by Grandfather »

branham1965 wrote:
Sat Oct 05, 2019 7:51 am
GO to Bible Gateway or Bible Hub and use the free commentaries on this verse.Study the whole book.

Any man that tells me he is perfect is a liar.And i would tell him so.

People on here are making disciples of others and hissing while doing so with charm.
I agree with you.