Dake Bible Discussion BoardEntire sanctification

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
Hill Top
Repent and Be Baptized in the Name of Jesus Christ Because of the Remission of Sins

Re: Entire sanctification

Post by Hill Top »

luchnia wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:13 am
Hill Top wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 10:48 pm
Grandfather wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:59 pm
So, for what it is worth, God sees me as fully and entirely sanctified, even though you, me, and others, might say I am not there yet.
You seem to think you are going to live for another year or, ten more years...to 'get totally sanctified'.
What if your time ends tomorrow?
Total sanctification starts with the rebirth of a totally sanctified "new creature" from the seed of God.
The only improvement we will see is from the base point of totally sanctified.
Sanctification is the initial condition of the repentant believe: not one we eventually grow into.
Growth in grace and knowledge are added to the initial state of totally sanctified.
Being set apart covers many different facets. Curious why can't certain types of sanctification be a continual process?
What is your definition of "sanctified" ?

Hill Top
Repent and Be Baptized in the Name of Jesus Christ Because of the Remission of Sins

Post by Hill Top »

Grandfather wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:13 am
Hill Top wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 10:48 pm
Grandfather wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:59 pm
So, for what it is worth, God sees me as fully and entirely sanctified, even though you, me, and others, might say I am not there yet.
You seem to think you are going to live for another year or, ten more years...to 'get totally sanctified'.
What if your time ends tomorrow?
Total sanctification starts with the rebirth of a totally sanctified "new creature" from the seed of God.
The only improvement we will see is from the base point of totally sanctified.
Sanctification is the initial condition of the repentant believe: not one we eventually grow into.
Growth in grace and knowledge are added to the initial state of totally sanctified.
I’m sorry what gave you the impression that I felt secure in any number of years remaining? My sanctification depends on His work in and through me not my effort alone.
I was under the impression you were already seen by God as sanctified, but were in need of some unknown amount of time to actually "catch-up".
And if your cleansing, atonement (for), consecration, set apart, made holy are at God's leisure, what is holding up the completion of "His work"?
"It is God's fault I'm not sanctified" is what you are saying.
Sanctification HAPPENS at water baptism; the place Jesus' blood contacts the repentant believer.

Grandfather
Pray for Them which Despitefully Persecute You

Post by Grandfather »

Hill Top wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:11 pm
I was under the impression you were already seen by God as sanctified, but were in need of some unknown amount of time to actually "catch-up".
And if your cleansing, atonement (for), consecration, set apart, made holy are at God's leisure, what is holding up the completion of "His work"?
Sanctification HAPPENS at water baptism; the place Jesus' blood contacts the repentant believer.
Indeed God already sees me as sanctified. In His eyes I am. It may be in the eyes of others I am not, or not yet.

Who said anything about anyone "holding up the completion" ? No one has bewitched me, what was begun in and by the Spirit cannot be completed by the efforts of my flesh.

You are very good at reading into what people post things they are not saying. I never claimed or implied anything about my sanctification was God's fault. Please check into that reading comprehension class.

As to the events surrounding water baptism, that issue has been beaten and battered several times on this forum and I see no reason to re-engage at this time.

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 »

That is ALL you two talk about.Over and over and over....

You are out of balance!!!

THE LORD JESUS CHRIST lovesall sinners and all backsliders.He wants to free ,to help ,to heal and to deliver the sick,afflicted ,the devil possessed and all the captives.

The message you two preach will not deliver anyone.
luchnia wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:28 pm
branham1965 wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 12:18 pm
I was was answering your posts and Phil's.
luchnia wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 12:01 pm
branham1965 wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 10:44 am
In my experience that kind of extreme teaching is very very harmful.

People suffer from real problems today -addictions,heartbreak from divorces,and many many other things .

That condemning ,harsh attitude is not right.

LUKE 4:16-19 tell of the REAL ministry of Jesus and believers.It takes the Anointing to break the yoke.
Can you elaborate on what "extreme teaching" you are referring to?
I posted God's word concerning the subject and some of what Dake stated about it. I realize you think it extreme and many would consider Dake extreme by Dake basically calling the sinning saint doctrine a doctrine of demons. I know this is an issue that you disagree heavily with Dake on and I respect your right to do so. It is by no means a "condemning attitude". It is an attitude of truth of God.

I realize Jesus was extreme with the sin issue. Jesus actions followed His teachings that He received from The Father. Remember He did the Father's will concerning what He spoke concerning sin and He set us free from sin. Call it extreme or not, it is what He said about it. He simply did not tolerate sin. As He told the prostitute, "Sin not..." and He commanded that without condemnation. It was a command pure and simple. If she did not stop her sin she would condemn herself.

Hill Top

Post by Hill Top »

Grandfather wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:48 pm
Hill Top wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:11 pm
Indeed God already sees me as sanctified. In His eyes I am. It may be in the eyes of others I am not, or not yet.

Who said anything about anyone "holding up the completion" ? No one has bewitched me, what was begun in and by the Spirit cannot be completed by the efforts of my flesh.

You are very good at reading into what people post things they are not saying. I never claimed or implied anything about my sanctification was God's fault. Please check into that reading comprehension class.

As to the events surrounding water baptism, that issue has been beaten and battered several times on this forum and I see no reason to re-engage at this time.
What I get from that reply is this...
You believe sanctification is done in a manner apart from water baptism.
What might that 'manner' be?
Please include scripture.