Dake Bible Discussion BoardEntire sanctification

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
Hill Top
In My Name Shall They Cast Out Devils

Re: Entire sanctification

Post by Hill Top »

Grandfather wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 11:34 am
luchnia wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 5:23 am
Hill Top wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 11:32 pm
It never was written of again.
It was a one time event because it was never written of again? Really? Curious, so with that idea salvation to the gentiles, or anyone else, never happened again to anyone after the bible was written because salvation was never written of again? Come on now you got to come up with something better than that.
You raise a great example. I was questioning why to limit it to ONE time. If it happened TWICE and was never mentioned again, what then? Why does to the cessation of an event being mention become the limiting factor?
God was making a statement.
The Gentiles too could be saved.
The event is still available in print 2000 years later.
Why do it twice?
Jesus was only crucified once.
The Jews were led out of Egypt only once.
Apply your POV to those two events, then we will revisit the first Gentile convert's experience.

Grandfather
Pray for Them which Despitefully Persecute You

Post by Grandfather »

Hill Top wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 2:28 pm
Grandfather wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 11:34 am
luchnia wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 5:23 am
Hill Top wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 11:32 pm
It never was written of again.
It was a one time event because it was never written of again? Really? Curious, so with that idea salvation to the gentiles, or anyone else, never happened again to anyone after the bible was written because salvation was never written of again? Come on now you got to come up with something better than that.
You raise a great example. I was questioning why to limit it to ONE time. If it happened TWICE and was never mentioned again, what then? Why does to the cessation of an event being mention become the limiting factor?
God was making a statement.
The Gentiles too could be saved.
The event is still available in print 2000 years later.
Why do it twice?
Jesus was only crucified once.
The Jews were led out of Egypt only once.
Apply your POV to those two events, then we will revisit the first Gentile convert's experience.
If this is your logic, then I will leave you to your ignorance.

Grandfather
Pray for Them which Despitefully Persecute You

Post by Grandfather »

There is not a need for another Pentecost. The Spirit has been poured out, unless the genie gets put back in the bottle there is no need to pour the Spirit out again. That is not to say that the Spirit cannot be poured out on people that were not previously aware of Him and they have their own “pentecost” experience. But that day has fully come and gone.

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 »

ALL credible denominations teach that sanctification is A DEFINITE YET PROGRESSIVE WORK OF GRACE.

People harping on seed and perfection in the flesh are more mixed up than Chinese arithmetic.

FOR BY GRACE ARE YE SAVED THROUGH FAITH AND THAT NOT OF YOURSELVES
IT IS THE GIFT OF GOD NOT OF WORKS LEST ANY MAN SHOULD BOAST.

perfect folks think they are saving themselves.NOT the other way around.

luchnia
Shall Not He that Spared Not His Own Son Freely Give Us All Things?

Post by luchnia »

branham1965 wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 2:21 pm ALL credible denominations teach that sanctification is A DEFINITE YET PROGRESSIVE WORK OF GRACE.

People harping on seed and perfection in the flesh are more mixed up than Chinese arithmetic.

We have been over this before a number of times. There is a big difference in perfection and sinlessness. No such thing as a sinning saint and cannot be or we must rip pages from the book that we believe came to us from God. I realize you don't agree with Dake or others on this issue. One who sins belongs to satan. A saint who chooses sin has fallen and yields to satan to do his bidding. God is not their Father. God cannot father one in sin. They are satans spawns.

One who doesn't sin and is in Christ belongs to God. If you yield to sin, you are not God's and have not His Spirit. The Spirit cannot be liable for sin. It is an impossibility. Dake was clear about sin. He knew the sinner belonged to satan and would perish without God.

Being perfect on the other hand is much more involved and has more complexity and it is a command to us. It has to much to do with maturity in Christ. There are those that are certainly more matured or perfected than others and walk in such a manner.

Word up!
branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 »

People do not understand the NATURE of man.
Man is spirit ,soul and body.
REGENERATION BY THE HOLY SPIRIT IS NECESSARY FOR SALVATION.

The inward man is regenerated.The body is still there.
It must be dealt with and be crucified.
Galatians 6:1ff clearly shows a believer can trespass or sin NASB ,ASV.THEY ARE TO BE RESTORED TO THE LORD.
See Acts 8:22.

The idea a Christian cannot sin,miss God or fail and backslide is a lie from the pit of hell.I know i have.I also have walked in the Spirit and feared the Lord.
The messages to the churches in Revelation are a farce if believers cannot sin.

luchnia wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 7:01 pm
branham1965 wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 2:21 pm ALL credible denominations teach that sanctification is A DEFINITE YET PROGRESSIVE WORK OF GRACE.

We have been over this before a number of times. There is a big difference in perfection and sinlessness. No such thing as a sinning saint and cannot be or we must rip pages from the book that we believe came to us from God. I realize you don't agree with Dake or others on this issue. One who sins belongs to satan. A saint who chooses sin has fallen and yields to satan to do his bidding. God is not their Father. God cannot father one in sin. They are satans spawns.

One who doesn't sin and is in Christ belongs to God. If you yield to sin, you are not God's and have not His Spirit. The Spirit cannot be liable for sin. It is an impossibility. Dake was clear about sin. He knew the sinner belonged to satan and would perish without God.

Being perfect on the other hand is much more involved and has more complexity and it is a command to us. It has to much to do with maturity in Christ. There are those that are certainly more matured or perfected than others and walk in such a manner.

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

THE MAIN REASON the gospel is going out around the earth TODAY is the Pentecostal ,Charismatic and Word of Faith ,Full Gospel etc..movements.

The Lord Jesus Christ is a LIVING Savior,Deliverer,Healer,Baptizer in the Holy Ghost and soon coming King.

I told my son i found out that God was real when i was a teenager.
Grandfather wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 1:01 pm There is not a need for another Pentecost. The Spirit has been poured out, unless the genie gets put back in the bottle there is no need to pour the Spirit out again. That is not to say that the Spirit cannot be poured out on people that were not previously aware of Him and they have their own “pentecost” experience. But that day has fully come and gone.

Hill Top

Post by Hill Top »

Credible?
Don't you mean "still in sin"?
That is the only alternative to sanctified.
I can't believe that fig trees can bring forth anything but figs.
And the perfection isn't "in the flesh", as the flesh was killed at baptism into Christ's death.
We walk in the Spirit now.
"Perfect folks" have availed themselves of all that God has gracefully provided for a life in Christ...and there is no sin "in Christ".

Hill Top

Post by Hill Top »

branham1965 wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 9:59 pm People do not understand the NATURE of man.
God understood it, and made a way to get a new nature. (2 Cor 5:17)
Man is spirit ,soul and body.
REGENERATION BY THE HOLY SPIRIT IS NECESSARY FOR SALVATION.
Amen to that, and God has provided the ways and means of that regeneration.
Don't you think anyone has been 'regenerated'?
The inward man is regenerated.The body is still there.
It must be dealt with and be crucified.
Galatians 6:1ff clearly shows a believer can trespass or sin NASB ,ASV.THEY ARE TO BE RESTORED TO THE LORD. See Acts 8:22.
The skin can't force a man to commit sin.
It is the mind that controls the body, a body crucified at baptism into Christ and into His death. (Rom 6:3-7)
Your kindly supplied scripture makes it clear that those who will not remain perfect are doomed.
The idea a Christian cannot sin, miss God, or fail and backslide is a lie from the pit of hell.I know i have.I also have walked in the Spirit and feared the Lord.
The messages to the churches in Revelation are a farce if believers cannot sin.
What is the point of some gradual sanctification if you can never achieve it?
And what was the promise to those who would not "get perfect" with God?
It doesn't look good for the unspiritual.

luchnia
Shall Not He that Spared Not His Own Son Freely Give Us All Things?

Post by luchnia »

branham1965 wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 10:08 pm THE MAIN REASON the gospel is going out around the earth TODAY is the Pentecostal ,Charismatic and Word of Faith ,Full Gospel etc..movements.

The Lord Jesus Christ is a LIVING Savior,Deliverer,Healer,Baptizer in the Holy Ghost and soon coming King.

I told my son i found out that God was real when i was a teenager.
This is a long post so please bear with me. I am curious about something.

You state that "...Jesus Christ is a LIVING Savior, Deliverer, Healer, Baptizer in the Holy Ghost and soon coming King." After reading a number of your posts over time in this forum, I get the impression that you don't believe Jesus completed the work of salvation toward men. You appear to hold that men can be free in the spirit, but never be free in the flesh even though Jesus said they could be set free. It appears that your concept is that man's spirit with the Holy Spirit is incapable (impossible) of controlling the flesh.

If you would explain your reasoning on what is it that makes you believe that Jesus is powerless to set one free wholly in body, but yet has power to set one free in soul and Spirit?

One simply cannot serve two masters. Maybe they can be confused and feel like they are serving two for a short period, but at some point the service and allegiance to one will boil to the surface and the heart will be revealed.

The bible is clear on this subject, but Dake-ites can read chapter 5 of Bible Truths Unmasked, especially section 4 "Are All Christians Holy?" where Dake discusses and compiles about 20-30 scriptures showing that those that serve God are holy and without sin. Also in chapter 5 read section 3 "Is the Body Sinful and the Soul and Spirit Holy" and you should walk away from that very informed about the flesh being without sin.

In the same section Dake states, "The theory that the body is always sinful and the flesh sins every day, but the soul and spirit are perfectly sinless and holy is one of the most foolish and unscriptural theories the devil and his agents are seeking to impose upon intelligent Bible-loving people.", and Dake states "This is purely a doctrine of demons to deceive men and cause their souls to be lost in eternal Hell."

The challenge here is not to fully rely on Dake's work, but to make sure you take all the scriptures he post and go to God's Word and read them in context to derive the full meanings.

Word up!