Dake Bible Discussion BoardRomans 12:2

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
raymond5555
James

Romans 12:2

Post by raymond5555 »

Can I get some views on Romans 12:2? On the good,acceptable and perfect will of God?Are they different?Leon bible please respond also thank you

Hill Top
Signs Shall Follow Them That Believe

Re: Romans 12:2

Post by Hill Top »

raymond5555 wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:30 pm
Can I get some views on Romans 12:2?
On the good, acceptable and perfect will of God?
Are they different? Leon bible please respond also thank you
Are what different?
Good...acceptable...perfect?
Different from each other?

raymond5555
James

Post by raymond5555 »

yes they are different,i read one on dr.Finis Dakes notes on it,just getting others thoughts on the message board.

Grandfather
Pray for Them which Despitefully Persecute You

Post by Grandfather »

Hill Top wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:47 pm
raymond5555 wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:30 pm
Can I get some views on Romans 12:2?
On the good, acceptable and perfect will of God?
Are they different? Leon bible please respond also thank you
Are what different?
Good...acceptable...perfect?
Different from each other?
Scholars are divided on this. Some say there are three different wills.
Others indicate this is a figure of speech called a triad. It is the repeating the same idea three times, sometimes using the same word as in holy, holy, holy. Or as in this case three words that build on each other in a cascading effect.
Others point to the language and say these are not three independent words, but words joined to each other. Several English versions show it this way... the good AND acceptable AND perfect. If one removes the conjunction "AND" you also reduce the meaning of the expression.

raymond5555
James

Post by raymond5555 »

I understand that bible scholars are split on this verse about the good,and acceptable and perfect will of God.But if Leon Bible could respond on this it will be much appreciated.

bibleman
Administrator

Post by bibleman »

raymond5555 wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 9:41 pm
I understand that bible scholars are split on this verse about the good,and acceptable and perfect will of God.But if Leon Bible could respond on this it will be much appreciated.
What split views are you reading on "the good,and acceptable and perfect will of God?"

How about stating them here... then we could give you an answer that would be sure to address your question.

God bless
Leon Bible

http://www.ministryhelps.com
http://www.dakebible.com
http://www.dakebibleboard.com
https://www.facebook.com/groups/DakeBibleDiscussion/

The fault in Bible complications is not with God or the Bible, but with men who refuse to believe what God says and think we have to interpret what He says in order to get the meaning. Dake Bible -Mark 11:17 note

Grandfather
Pray for Them which Despitefully Persecute You

Post by Grandfather »

bibleman wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 1:12 am
raymond5555 wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 9:41 pm
What split views are you reading on "the good,and acceptable and perfect will of God?"

How about stating them here... then we could give you an answer that would be sure to address your question.
I know you did not address the question to me, but I was the one that first broached the idea of the varied opinions.

The two positions (that I am aware of) can be (overly simplistically) summed up as:

1) These are three different degrees of Gods will. Similar to a "good - better - best" analogy

2) Pauls used a literary form to repeat the same concept three times. It was a form often used in the literature of that time to emphasis the nature of what was being described. Much like we read the angels cry "Holy, holy, holy"

raymond5555
James

Post by raymond5555 »

Leon,to answer you,grandfather has the two different views bible scholars teach,I'm sure you read his last post after yours.Three different wills ,good,and acceptable ,and perfect will of God.One view,and the other view is they ,good and acceptable and perfect will of God are exactly the same.My view is good and acceptabme and perfect will of God are different.I'LL explain,in Mark 4:20,And these are they which are down on good ground;such as heat the word,and receive it,and bring forth fruit,some thirtyfold,some sixty,and some an hundred.Three three wills Paul talks about,good and acceptable and perfect will of God,are the 30,60,100 fold fruit.

raymond5555
James

Post by raymond5555 »

sown on

raymond5555
James

Post by raymond5555 »

sown on good ground