Dake Bible Discussion BoardFirst John chapter 1,fellowship vs relationship?

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
bibleman
Administrator

Re: First John chapter 1,fellowship vs relationship?

Post by bibleman »

Hill Top wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:19 pm
raymond5555 wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 3:11 pm
Fellowship with God is relationship with God.
Dis-fellowship with God produces proof of dis-relationship with God.
I understand that folks say "out of fellowship" as an alternative to saying "in sin".
Sin shows one is not born of God, so a sinner is not "related" to God. (1 John 3:9-10)
"I understand that folks say "out of fellowship" as an alternative to saying "in sin"."

Very true.

God bless
Leon Bible

http://www.ministryhelps.com
http://www.dakebible.com
http://www.dakebibleboard.com
https://www.facebook.com/groups/DakeBibleDiscussion/

The fault in Bible complications is not with God or the Bible, but with men who refuse to believe what God says and think we have to interpret what He says in order to get the meaning. Dake Bible -Mark 11:17 note

raymond5555
James

Post by raymond5555 »

Thanks for the comments,I totally agree with the last two posts,they are totally what the word of God teaches,my point all along!

raymond5555
James

Post by raymond5555 »

Fellowship and relationship with God are exactly the same thing.

raymond5555
James

Post by raymond5555 »

Out of fellowship=In Sin totally true.

Grandfather
Pray for Them which Despitefully Persecute You

Post by Grandfather »

raymond5555 wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:10 am
Fellowship and relationship with God are exactly the same thing.
No, they aren't. Every knee will call Him Lord, but He won't be Lord everyone wants. The sinner still has a relationship, even though it may be an adversarial one, it is still a relationship.

raymond5555
James

Post by raymond5555 »

This must be the middle ground you were talking about on the once saved always saved posts.Either a person is saved or there not there is no middle ground,and fellowship and relationship to God in salvation are exactly the same.Sorry we disagree.

Grandfather
Pray for Them which Despitefully Persecute You

Post by Grandfather »

raymond5555 wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 12:00 pm
This must be the middle ground you were talking about on the once saved always saved posts.Either a person is saved or there not there is no middle ground,and fellowship and relationship to God in salvation are exactly the same.Sorry we disagree.
Again you are returning to a point of salvation. I am not taking any middle ground, one is either in or out, they are either saved or lost. So, I am clueless about why you keep returning to this issue. How many time do I have to say it?

And you are correct, we will disagree on the definition of relationship and fellowship. As I have pointed out both the Sinner and the Saint have a relationship with the Father. However those relationships are entirely different from each other. You may not think an adversarial relationship is a relationship, but it is, regardless of how you feel about it.

But I do see you are tightening the verbiage in how you are using them in order to bring them closer in alignment and meaning.

Hill Top
Repent and Be Baptized in the Name of Jesus Christ Because of the Remission of Sins

Post by Hill Top »

Grandfather wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 12:56 pm
raymond5555 wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 12:00 pm
Again you are returning to a point of salvation. I am not taking any middle ground, one is either in or out, they are either saved or lost. So, I am clueless about why you keep returning to this issue. How many time do I have to say it?

And you are correct, we will disagree on the definition of relationship and fellowship. As I have pointed out both the Sinner and the Saint have a relationship with the Father. However those relationships are entirely different from each other. You may not think an adversarial relationship is a relationship, but it is, regardless of how you feel about it.

But I do see you are tightening the verbiage in how you are using them in order to bring them closer in alignment and meaning.
The term "relationship" is a bit nuanced.
Some refer to "relationship" in a familial manner, as in "I'm related to George Washington by a second cousin thrice removed".
Others use "relationship" in a face to face sort of way, as in "The boss and I get along like best friends".

The use of the word "relationship" is used by some who infer they are sons of God while they still serve sin.
Out of fellowship but still "related".
Such an error, as the seed of God cannot bring forth evil work(ers).

raymond5555
James

Post by raymond5555 »

Yes the use of the word relationship by some say you are in relationship with God and have sin in there lives and its ok,when unrepented and unconfessed sin stays in a persons life they are out of relationship and fellowship with God and are LOST.Butter and sweet don't come out of the same fountain.Sin is not ok with God!

raymond5555
James

Post by raymond5555 »

B itter and sweet