Dake Bible Discussion BoardWhy Joel? - Why?

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
bibleman
Administrator

Why Joel? - Why?

Post by bibleman »

Are You Ready to [Expletive] Party Tonight?’ Joel and Victoria Osteen Attend Lady Gaga Concert, Pose for Sirius/Pandora Merger

NEW YORK — Megachurch speaker and author Joel Osteen and his wife Victoria were among a number of celebrities, including drag queens, actors and music industry personalities, who attended the “SiriusXM and Pandora Present Lady Gaga at the Apollo” concert on Monday night in New York City. The two posed on the carpet for a photograph next to a SiriusXM/Pandora/Lady Gaga backdrop, which is posted online.

“Are you ready to [expletive] party tonight? Are we making history?” Gaga, whose real name is Stefani Germanotta, asked the crowd as she opened the show, according to the New York Daily News.

The popular music streaming companies had announced last month that they would be presenting the “special performance” to “celebrate SiriusXM and Pandora coming together as one company.” They also noted that the concert “coincides with World Pride Month, which this year is being celebrated in New York City.”

The Daily News reports that Germanotta “performed a selection of her most beloved hits dancing around, in a most homoerotic latex fantasy, dropping F-bombs and getting tips from the future by speaking to an ‘Avatar’-like Gaga figure.”

She also spoke of her advocacy for those who identify as homosexuals and transgenders, telling the crowd, “So, it’s Pride Week. I wish it could exist 365 days of the year, but I’ll take an [expletive] global week.”

Germanotta urged those in the theater and around the world to “[a]sk the question: ‘What is your pronoun?’ Because for a lot of people, it’s really hard, and their pronouns aren’t respected or they’re not asked.”

As previously reported, Germanotta, whose music videos and concerts are often performed in little clothing and are sexually suggestive, sings about homosexuality in her song “Born This Way.”

different lover is not a sin, believe capital H-I-M,” the tune claims. “No matter gay, straight or bi, lesbian, transgendered life, I’m on the right track baby, I was born to survive. … I’m beautiful in my way, ’cause God makes no mistakes.”

A number of drag queens attended the invitation-only event, including Alaska Thunder[expletive] (Justin Honard), Ginger Minj (Joshua Eads), Sharon Needles (Aaron Coady), Aquaria (Giovanni Palandrani) and Shangela Wadley (Darius Pierce) of “RuPaul’s Drag Race.”

Other attendees included American Idol’s Adam Lambert, Saturday Night Live’s Heidi Gardner, actor Michael Douglas, and Neil Patrick Harris and his “husband” David Burtka.

And in the midst of those photographed were Joel and Victoria Osteen, who posed like the others adjacent to the Pandora/SiriusXM/Lady Gaga backdrop. Christian News Network can only link to the photograph as it is protected by copyright.

The Osteens have their own channel on SiriusXM, which according to its description, features “daily messages of hope and inspiration, live call-in shows and with Joel and Victoria, and special live services.” Being connected to the network is likely the reason why they were invited to the event.

Christian News contacted Joel Osteen Ministries to inquire about the appearance, but was told by a representative that she didn’t know anything about the matter as she had just learned of it and that any statement would have to come from Joel himself.

Some outlets expressed bewilderment as to why the Osteens attended since it was assumed that he opposes homosexuality, which Gaga advocates.

As previously reported, Osteen drew criticism in 2013 when he told the Huffington Post that God accepts homosexuals without also mentioning the requirement of repentance.

“You say [in your book] … ‘It doesn’t matter who likes you or doesn’t like you; all that matters is that God likes you. He accepts you; He approves of you,” host Josh Zepps stated. “Is that true for gay men or true for homosexuals?”

“Absolutely,” Osteen replied. “I believe that God’s breathed His life into every person. We’re all on a journey. Nobody’s perfect.”

“The Bible says that sin is pride, sin is selfish ambition,” he continued. “We tend to pick on certain things, but I believe every person is made in the image of God, and you’ve got to accept them as they are as they’re on their journey.”

Osteen then explained his belief that Christians should exemplify kindness to the world, rather than “pushing people down.”

“Again, the Scripture teaches the way people are going to know His disciples is for our love for one another, and so, I’m not preaching hate [or] pushing people down,” he stated. “I’m not here to tell everybody what they’re doing wrong.”

2 Corinthians 6:17-18 exhorts, “Wherefore come out from among them and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing, and I will receive you and will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be My sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty.”

Respected British preacher Charles Spurgeon also once declared, “Avoid the appearance of evil. ‘But we must not be too rigid,’ says one. There is no fear of that in these days. You will never go too far in holiness, nor become too like your Lord Jesus. If anybody accuses you of being too strict and precise, do not grieve, but try to deserve the charge.

I cannot suppose that at the last great day, our Lord Jesus Christ will say to everyone, ‘You were not worldly enough. You were too jealous over your conduct, and did not sufficiently conform to the world.’ No, my brethren, such a wrong is impossible. He who said, ‘Be ye perfect, even as your Father which is in Heaven is perfect,’ has set before you a standard beyond which you can never go.

’Well, but,’ says one, ‘are we to have no enjoyments?’ My dear friend, the enjoyments which are prepared for Christians are many and great, but they never include sin and folly. Do you call vice and folly enjoyments?”

https://christiannews.net/2019/06/26/ar ... aWJhAFNNVM

God bless
Leon Bible

http://www.ministryhelps.com
http://www.dakebible.com
http://www.dakebibleboard.com
https://www.facebook.com/groups/DakeBibleDiscussion/

The fault in Bible complications is not with God or the Bible, but with men who refuse to believe what God says and think we have to interpret what He says in order to get the meaning. Dake Bible -Mark 11:17 note

luchnia
Shall Not He that Spared Not His Own Son Freely Give Us All Things?

Re: Why Joel? - Why?

Post by luchnia »

To be expected of Osteen and his co-horts. Joel Osteen is one that holds a high-level of ignorance when it comes to God's word, character, and nature.

The article made me think of what Paul told Timothy about abstaining from all appearances of evil.

Word up!

Hill Top
Repent and Be Baptized in the Name of Jesus Christ Because of the Remission of Sins

Post by Hill Top »

luchnia wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 6:58 am
To be expected of Osteen and his co-horts. Joel Osteen is one that holds a high-level of ignorance when it comes to God's word, character, and nature.

The article made me think of what Paul told Timothy about abstaining from all appearances of evil.
Osteen couldn't find any of God's word to quote so he quoted the devil..."Nobody's perfect".

TruthSeeker
Malachi

Post by TruthSeeker »

What has Creflo Dollar said recently that makes you want to label him as hyper-grace? Tithing boils down to an honor thing with God that is throughout the bible. I have heard of examples how tithing has saved people's lives. Don't judge out of ignorance. It's not about the "Benjamin" thing. It's our covenant connector and an important way to stay under the shadow of the Almighty!

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 »

Pastors Joel Osteen and his wife Victoria are friends with Lady Gaga.

I think they have ministered to her before.

She once played for 5 Presidents in Texas.Her show was not salacious or dirty.They clapped for her.
Later she went to Church with George Bush and his family.

The look down the nose , i'm better than you attitude has ran multitudes away from the church.
Last edited by branham1965 on Sat Aug 03, 2019 7:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 »

He is hyper grace.Have you listened to him in the last few years??
TruthSeeker wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 2:46 pm
What has Creflo Dollar said recently that makes you want to label him as hyper-grace? Tithing boils down to an honor thing with God that is throughout the bible. I have heard of examples how tithing has saved people's lives. Don't judge out of ignorance. It's not about the "Benjamin" thing. It's our covenant connector and an important way to stay under the shadow of the Almighty!

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

I need to clarify her show they saw was different.

Probably very risque and vile.Sighs.
branham1965 wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 7:24 am
Pastors Joel Osteen and his wife Victoria are friends with Lady Gaga.

I think they have ministered to her before.

She once played for 5 Presidents in Texas.Her show was not salacious or dirty.They clapped for her.
Later she went to Church with George Bush and his family.

The look down the nose , i'm better than you attitude has ran multitudes away from the church.

bibleman
Administrator

Post by bibleman »

TruthSeeker wrote:
I have heard Creflo say this again and again: "No amount of goodness can save us; therefore, no amount of bad behavior will cause us to become unsaved."

So according to that statement a Christian could kill babies, burn your spouse to death, Drive 20 penny nails into the ears of children, be a homosexual in the morning and a prostitute at nite every day for 40 years and still be saved.

That is hyper grace and not supported by the Bible.

God bless
Leon Bible

The fault in Bible complications is not with God or the Bible, but with men who refuse to believe what God says and think we have to interpret what He says in order to get the meaning. Dake Bible -Mark 11:17 note

TruthSeeker
Malachi

Post by TruthSeeker »

bibleman wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 9:56 am
TruthSeeker wrote:
I have heard Creflo say this again and again: "No amount of goodness can save us; therefore, no amount of bad behavior will cause us to become unsaved."

So according to that statement a Christian could kill babies, burn your spouse to death, Drive 20 penny nails into the ears of children, be a homosexual in the morning and a prostitute at nite every day for 40 years and still be saved.

If he has said that, that is not good. The statement that I made about not judging out of ignorance was not directed towards you, it was in regards to people thinking that those that preach about the benefits of tithing are just doing it for the money. I have a lot of respect for the Copelands and I know that they have Creflo as a regular minister at their conventions. But we do need to judge what people are teaching and I did not realize Creflo teaches that.

bibleman
Administrator

Post by bibleman »

TruthSeeker wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 11:26 am
bibleman wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 9:56 am
TruthSeeker wrote:

If he has said that, that is not good. The statement that I made about not judging out of ignorance was not directed towards you, it was in regards to people thinking that those that preach about the benefits of tithing are just doing it for the money. I have a lot of respect for the Copelands and I know that they have Creflo as a regular minister at their conventions. But we do need to judge what people are teaching and I did not realize Creflo teaches that.
Yes in the last days more than ever, we need to take everything that is taught to the Word for full examination.

God bless
Leon Bible