Dake Bible Discussion BoardGreen or Orange?

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
Spiritblade Disciple
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Green or Orange?

Post by Spiritblade Disciple » Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:41 pm

Acts 10:42-43 King James Version
"And He commanded us to preach unto the people, and to testify that it is He which was ordained of God to be the Judge of Quick and Dead. To Him give all the Prophets witness, that through His Name WHOSEVER BELIEVETH IN HIM SHALL RECEIVE REMISSION OF SINS."

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Re: Green or Orange?

Post by branham1965 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:22 pm

So Saint Patrick was a protestant minister??? :mrgreen: +lol +lol

Saints preserve us.

Spiritblade Disciple

Post by Spiritblade Disciple » Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:23 pm

It is some "interesting logic," isn't it?

:mrgreen:

"And He commanded us to preach unto the people, and to testify that it is He which was ordained of God to be the Judge of Quick and Dead. To Him give all the Prophets witness, that through His Name WHOSEVER BELIEVETH IN HIM SHALL RECEIVE REMISSION OF SINS."

branham1965

Post by branham1965 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:34 am

I reckon so.

I had some Irish friends who started in the dawn of Saint Paddy's and drank themselves into oblivion by the night. +irish +irish

Spiritblade Disciple

Post by Spiritblade Disciple » Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:33 am

How else would the life of a legendary Christian be celebrated?

Hill Top
Behold, I Give You Power to Tread Over All the Power of the Enemy

Post by Hill Top » Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:56 pm

Spiritblade Disciple wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:33 am
How else would the life of a legendary Christian be celebrated?
Certainly not by catering to the flesh with drunkenness.

Spiritblade Disciple

Post by Spiritblade Disciple » Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:14 pm

Kinda what I was thinking... But, there were celebrations in Old Testament times where strong drink was permitted.

Hill Top

Post by Hill Top » Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:20 pm

Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:14 pm
Kinda what I was thinking... But, there were celebrations in Old Testament times where strong drink was permitted.
There is a difference between "permitted to" and "encouraged to".
In the OT, men couldn't control the flesh like those who have crucified the flesh can now.
Thanks be to God.

luchnia
God is Able to Make All Grace Abound Toward You; that Ye May Always Have All Sufficiency in All Things

Post by luchnia » Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:03 am

Hill Top wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:20 pm
Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:14 pm
In the OT, men couldn't control the flesh like those who have crucified the flesh can now.
I am curious as to what you base this statement on?

From what I have read and studied over the years, men in the old testament and the new testament have the same power to control the flesh. Men in the old testament crucified the flesh with the affections and lust. Enoch, John the Baptist, the disciples, and many others are prime examples of such control.

Word up!

Hill Top

Post by Hill Top » Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:50 pm

luchnia wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:03 am
I am curious as to what you base this statement on?

From what I have read and studied over the years, men in the old testament and the new testament have the same power to control the flesh. Men in the old testament crucified the flesh with the affections and lust. Enoch, John the Baptist, the disciples, and many others are prime examples of such control.
Because Jesus had yet to be crucified, men of the OT could not partake of that death, burial, and resurrection WITH CHRIST. (Rom 6:3-7)
Enoch was before the Mosaic Law was in force, and "but sin is not imputed when there is no law." (Rom 5:13)
John, the disciples, and the "many others" were given the atonements of the Law to cover their sins.
They could exert some effort to refuse to submit to temptation, some better than others, but they were all still in the flesh instead of in the Spirit.
That honor wasn't afforded to men till after Jesus made it available. (Rom 8:1-10)