Dake Bible Discussion BoardCHILDREN ARE INNOCENT AND GO TO HEAVEN IF THEY DIE.

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
luchnia
Shall Not He that Spared Not His Own Son Freely Give Us All Things?

Re: CHILDREN ARE INNOCENT AND GO TO HEAVEN IF THEY DIE.

Post by luchnia »

bibleman wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 2:54 pm
OK guys here is something you can chew on!

Jeroboam was a wicked king.

1 Kings 14:7-11 (NKJV) 7 Go, tell Jeroboam, 'Thus says the LORD God of Israel: "Because I exalted you from among the people, and made you ruler over My people Israel,
8 and tore the kingdom away from the house of David, and gave it to you; and yet you have not been as My servant David, who kept My commandments and who followed Me with all his heart, to do only what was right in My eyes;
9 but you have done more evil than all who were before you, for you have gone and made for yourself other gods and molded images to provoke Me to anger, and have cast Me behind your back--
10 therefore behold! I will bring disaster on the house of Jeroboam, and will cut off from Jeroboam every male in Israel, bond and free; I will take away the remnant of the house of Jeroboam, as one takes away refuse until it is all gone.
11 The dogs shall eat whoever belongs to Jeroboam and dies in the city, and the birds of the air shall eat whoever dies in the field; for the LORD has spoken!" '

The Lord said his son would die BUT his son would be buried where all others of Jeroboam's house would not be buried but be eaten by the birds and the dogs.

The prophet told the child's mother:

1 Kings 14:12-13 (NKJV) 12 Arise therefore, go to your own house. When your feet enter the city, the child shall die.
13 And all Israel shall mourn for him and bury him, for he is the only one of Jeroboam who shall come to the grave, because in him there is found something good toward the LORD God of Israel in the house of Jeroboam.

And so it was:

1 Kings 14:17-18 (NKJV) 17 Then Jeroboam's wife arose and departed, and came to Tirzah. When she came to the threshold of the house, the child died.
18 And they buried him; and all Israel mourned for him, according to the word of the LORD which He spoke through His servant Ahijah the prophet.

So based on the story did the child who died go to Heaven?
There are a number of questions that could be asked. What was it that was found good toward the Lord and was known at the time before his death, or was it something God knew by foreknowledge? I wonder how old the child was before he died? Interesting too that when her feet entered the city the child died.

Just think Jereboam did more evil that all who were before him provoking God to anger.
9 but you have done more evil than all who were before you, for you have gone and made for yourself other gods and molded images to provoke Me to anger, and have cast Me behind your back--

Word up!