Dake Bible Discussion BoardCHILDREN ARE INNOCENT AND GO TO HEAVEN IF THEY DIE.

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
Spiritblade Disciple
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Re: CHILDREN ARE INNOCENT AND GO TO HEAVEN IF THEY DIE.

Post by Spiritblade Disciple » Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:09 pm

I think it says some, but not all.

It makes some assumptions that aren't warranted from the text, itself, taking a given subset and assuming that it applies to all. However, such an assumption is reading something into the text that isn't there, while ignoring other texts that provide additional light on the subject. Also, some points are emphasized while minimizing and/or ignoring other conditions.

branham1965 wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:47 am
Excellent post.
I think it says it all. :angel:
Ironman wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2019 11:04 pm
WHERE NOT TALKING ABOUT THE OFFSPRING OF FALLEN ANGELS

The Bible makes it clear that people are condemned to hell on the basis of their sins8 and their rejection of Jesus Christ as the remedy for their sinful condition.

However, infants and young children are incapable of fully understanding either their spiritual condition or God's requirements for salvation.

Can God judge them even though they don't understand the basis of that judgment? THE BIBLE DOES INDICATE THAT CHILDREN ARE INNOCENT, for example, when describing how some of the Israelites in the Valley of Benhinnom had become corrupt so as to sacrifice their own (innocent) children:

Jer. 19:4-5, V 4, Because they have forsaken me, and have estranged this place, and have burned incense in it unto other gods, whom neither they nor their fathers have known, nor the kings of Judah, and have filled this place with the BLOOD OF THE INNOCENTS;
5, They have built also the high places of Baal, TO BURN THEIR SONS WITH FIRE for burnt offerings unto Baal, which I commanded not, nor spake it, neither came it into my mind:

2 Kings 17: 17, And they caused their sons and their daughters to pass through the fire, and used divination and enchantments, and sold themselves to do evil in the sight of the LORD, to provoke him to anger.

Psalms 106:37-38, V 37, Yea, they sacrificed their sons and their daughters unto devils,
38, AND SHED INNOCENT BLOOD, EVEN THE BLOOD OF THEIR SONS AND DAUGHTERS, whom they sacrificed unto the idols of Canaan: and the land was polluted with blood.

GOD SAYS CHILDREN BELONG TO HIM,

Ezek. 16:20-21, V. 20, Moreover thou hast taken thy sons and thy daughters, whom thou hast borne unto me, and these hast thou sacrificed unto them to be0 devoured. Is this of thy whoredoms a small matter,
21, THAT THOU HAST SLAIN MY CHILDREN, and delivered them to cause them to pass through the fire for them?

JESUS SAID THAT PEOPLE WHO ENTER HEAVEN ARE LIKE CHILDREN, IMPLYING THAT CHILDREN GO TO HEAVEN.

Matthew 18:2-3, V. 2, And Jesus called a little child unto him, and set him in the midst of them,
3, And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, AND BECOME AS LITTLE CHILDREN, YE SHALL NOT ENTER INTO THE KINGDOM OF HEAVEN.

Matthew 19:13-14, V. 13, Then were there brought unto him little children, that he should put his hands on them, and pray: and the disciples rebuked them.
14, But Jesus said, SUFFER THE LITTLE CHILDREN, and forbid them not, to come unto me: FOR OF SUCH IS THE KINGDOM OF HEAVEN.

Job 14:4 King James Version
Who can bring a CLEAN thing out of an UNCLEAN? Not one.

luchnia
He Which Soweth Sparingly Shall Reap also Sparingly

Post by luchnia » Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:53 am

Spiritblade Disciple wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:09 pm
I think it says some, but not all.

It makes some assumptions that aren't warranted from the text, itself, taking a given subset and assuming that it applies to all. However, such an assumption is reading something into the text that isn't there, while ignoring other texts that provide additional light on the subject. Also, some points are emphasized while minimizing and/or ignoring other conditions.

branham1965 wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:47 am
Excellent post.
I think it says it all. :angel:
Ironman wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2019 11:04 pm
WHERE NOT TALKING ABOUT THE OFFSPRING OF FALLEN ANGELS

The Bible makes it clear that people are condemned to hell on the basis of their sins8 and their rejection of Jesus Christ as the remedy for their sinful condition.

However, infants and young children are incapable of fully understanding either their spiritual condition or God's requirements for salvation.

Can God judge them even though they don't understand the basis of that judgment? THE BIBLE DOES INDICATE THAT CHILDREN ARE INNOCENT, for example, when describing how some of the Israelites in the Valley of Benhinnom had become corrupt so as to sacrifice their own (innocent) children:

Jer. 19:4-5, V 4, Because they have forsaken me, and have estranged this place, and have burned incense in it unto other gods, whom neither they nor their fathers have known, nor the kings of Judah, and have filled this place with the BLOOD OF THE INNOCENTS;
5, They have built also the high places of Baal, TO BURN THEIR SONS WITH FIRE for burnt offerings unto Baal, which I commanded not, nor spake it, neither came it into my mind:

2 Kings 17: 17, And they caused their sons and their daughters to pass through the fire, and used divination and enchantments, and sold themselves to do evil in the sight of the LORD, to provoke him to anger.

Psalms 106:37-38, V 37, Yea, they sacrificed their sons and their daughters unto devils,
38, AND SHED INNOCENT BLOOD, EVEN THE BLOOD OF THEIR SONS AND DAUGHTERS, whom they sacrificed unto the idols of Canaan: and the land was polluted with blood.

GOD SAYS CHILDREN BELONG TO HIM,

Ezek. 16:20-21, V. 20, Moreover thou hast taken thy sons and thy daughters, whom thou hast borne unto me, and these hast thou sacrificed unto them to be0 devoured. Is this of thy whoredoms a small matter,
21, THAT THOU HAST SLAIN MY CHILDREN, and delivered them to cause them to pass through the fire for them?

JESUS SAID THAT PEOPLE WHO ENTER HEAVEN ARE LIKE CHILDREN, IMPLYING THAT CHILDREN GO TO HEAVEN.

Matthew 18:2-3, V. 2, And Jesus called a little child unto him, and set him in the midst of them,
3, And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, AND BECOME AS LITTLE CHILDREN, YE SHALL NOT ENTER INTO THE KINGDOM OF HEAVEN.

Matthew 19:13-14, V. 13, Then were there brought unto him little children, that he should put his hands on them, and pray: and the disciples rebuked them.
14, But Jesus said, SUFFER THE LITTLE CHILDREN, and forbid them not, to come unto me: FOR OF SUCH IS THE KINGDOM OF HEAVEN.
I wonder what the poster actually believes on this subject? Just because someone else's material was posted does not indicate what the person that posted this believes.

Word up!

Spiritblade Disciple
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by Spiritblade Disciple » Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:34 pm

luchnia wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:53 am
I wonder what the poster actually believes on this subject? Just because someone else's material was posted does not indicate what the person that posted this believes.
We may never know what the poster actually believes.

Spiritblade Disciple

Post by Spiritblade Disciple » Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:39 pm

luchnia wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:19 pm
If you want to see more, here is were that info is pulled from - http://www.godandscience.org/doctrine/b ... o_die.html

Spiritblade Disciple wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:04 pm
Interesting that the site that was plagiarized is against the Pre-Trib Rapture.

http://www.godandscience.org/morebeliefs.html
The Rapture
The Lord Jesus Christ will return for His Church and to judge the nations of the world. Prior to this event, the Bible indicates that followers of Jesus Christ will go through the Great Tribulation at the hands of the unrighteous, but will be raptured or protected from the pouring out of God's wrath during the judgment of the unrighteous.
I have to ask if Haz believes babies will go through the Great Tribulation?

branham1965 wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:51 am
You know he is pre - trib like Reverend Dake.

Come on.

A person's beliefs may change. Given that he is quoting a site that is against the Pre-Trib Rapture and presented the material as if it was his own, it is possible that he no longer supports the Pre-Trib position. Or, perhaps, he has questions about it? Not that there's anything wrong with asking questions about something that isn't understood as fully as one might like.

luchnia

Post by luchnia » Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:20 pm

branham1965 wrote:
How do you know what he believe concerning pre-trib? Has he told you?

Word up!

branham1965

Post by branham1965 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:18 pm

He believes as Reverend Dake does. We are friends and chat off of here.
luchnia wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:20 pm
branham1965 wrote:

luchnia

Post by luchnia » Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:53 pm

branham1965 wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:18 pm
He believes as Reverend Dake does. We are friends and chat off of here.
luchnia wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:20 pm
branham1965 wrote:
Thanks. I was wondering. Seems interesting since his posts are not consistent with Dake's beliefs.

Word up!