Dake Bible Discussion BoardChange My Mind: Some Babies Go to Hell When They Die

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
Spiritblade Disciple
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Re: Change My Mind: Some Babies Go to Hell When They Die

Post by Spiritblade Disciple » Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:01 pm

luchnia wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:30 pm
I think the fact remains that if an infant dies, there must be something that determines innocence or guilt. The question is what is that something? Is it God's grace and how does one determine which baby receives the grace? Jesus certainly had an interesting manner around children and made a number of comments pertaining to them that certainly brings thoughts to mind.
Certainly.

And, consider how He differentiated between the children in covenant with Him versus those out of covenant with Him. See the story of the Woman of Canaan who could not get Jesus to save, heal, and deliver her daughter until she demonstrated faith. Jesus was content not to answer her, even on the part of her child until the woman demonstrated faith. The woman and her child were no better than wild dogs (unclean animals) to Jesus, until she came to Him in true faith.

See Matthew 15:22-28.

Acts 10:42-43 King James Version
"And He commanded us to preach unto the people, and to testify that it is He which was ordained of God to be the Judge of Quick and Dead. To Him give all the Prophets witness, that through His Name WHOSEVER BELIEVETH IN HIM SHALL RECEIVE REMISSION OF SINS."

Hill Top
Behold, I Give You Power to Tread Over All the Power of the Enemy

Post by Hill Top » Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:22 pm

Spiritblade Disciple wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:01 pm
luchnia wrote:
I think the fact remains that if an infant dies, there must be something that determines innocence or guilt. The question is what is that something? Is it God's grace and how does one determine which baby receives the grace? Jesus certainly had an interesting manner around children and made a number of comments pertaining to them that certainly brings thoughts to mind.
Certainly.

And, consider how He differentiated between the children in covenant with Him versus those out of covenant with Him. See the story of the Woman of Canaan who could not get Jesus to save, heal, and deliver her daughter until she demonstrated faith. Jesus was content not to answer her, even on the part of her child until the woman demonstrated faith. The woman and her child were no better than wild dogs (unclean animals) to Jesus, until she came to Him in true faith.

Where did you read that dogs were unclean?
A dog was just a dog in those days.
Now they almost have the same rights as men. +goofy

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:27 pm

I have had many dogs:

Pitbulls,Bulldogs both English and American.And others. I got along with them better than any humans.I have known.

Hill Top wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:22 pm
luchnia wrote:
Certainly.

Spiritblade Disciple

Post by Spiritblade Disciple » Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:01 pm

luchnia wrote:

Certainly.

Hill Top wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:22 pm

The Bible gives instruction concerning which animals are clean and which are not. Dogs, according to the Bible are unclean.

branham1965 wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:27 pm
I have had many dogs:

Pitbulls,Bulldogs both English and American.And others. I got along with them better than any humans.I have known.

There are many great dogs. I've had a few, myself.

It is said that "All dogs go to Heaven." However, not all humans do. It is also said that "The Bible is written for dogs, but read by cats."

"And He commanded us to preach unto the people, and to testify that it is He which was ordained of God to be the Judge of Quick and Dead. To Him give all the Prophets witness, that through His Name WHOSEVER BELIEVETH IN HIM SHALL RECEIVE REMISSION OF SINS."

Hill Top

Post by Hill Top » Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:49 pm

Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:01 pm
The Bible gives instruction concerning which animals are clean and which are not. Dogs, according to the Bible are unclean.
Where?

Spiritblade Disciple

Post by Spiritblade Disciple » Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:34 pm

Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:01 pm

Hill Top wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:49 pm
Where?

Leviticus 11:27 defines all that go upon their paws that go upon all fours as unclean. This includes the dog.

Hill Top

Post by Hill Top » Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:29 pm

Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:34 pm
Leviticus 11:27 defines all that go upon their paws that go upon all fours as unclean. This includes the dog.
Ahhh, OK: I had never put that together before.
Thanks be to God for removing those "laws".

branham1965

Post by branham1965 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:40 pm

They were unclean to eat.Is that right?

branham1965

Post by branham1965 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:41 pm

I agree with you Phil.
Hill Top wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:29 pm
Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:34 pm
Ahhh, OK: I had never put that together before.
Thanks be to God for removing those "laws".

Hill Top

Post by Hill Top » Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:58 pm

branham1965 wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:40 pm
They were unclean to eat.Is that right?
I can't really tell if the Leviticus verses are still focused on "eating" by mid-chapter, or if it has transitioned to "touching" unclean things, or if both are still to be considered by the end of Leviticus.
Again...thanks be to God for freeing us from the Law.