Dake Bible Discussion BoardChange My Mind: Some Babies Go to Hell When They Die

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
Spiritblade Disciple
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Re: Change My Mind: Some Babies Go to Hell When They Die

Post by Spiritblade Disciple » Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:49 pm

branham1965 wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:33 pm
Can you imagine a new Christian finding out about this board??

Reading that babies and little children are cast into hell fire forever???

Can you imagine the damage they would have reading this evil stuff???

Children and Babies do not go to hell fire.

That is not Justice in any sense of the word.

Reverend Dake NEVER taught such a thing.

I think it is wrong to call biblical truth "evil stuff."

God made Hell and Hell is good. If someone is sent to Hell, His decision is just. If they are sent early, it is in His mercy as they don't increase the intensity of their torment through adding sin upon sin and others don't have to suffer their folly.

For example, when God slew the first born of Egypt, it was because of His mercy. See Psalm 136:1-10, especially verse 10.

Acts 10:42-43 King James Version
"And He commanded us to preach unto the people, and to testify that it is He which was ordained of God to be the Judge of Quick and Dead. To Him give all the Prophets witness, that through His Name WHOSEVER BELIEVETH IN HIM SHALL RECEIVE REMISSION OF SINS."

Spiritblade Disciple
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by Spiritblade Disciple » Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:15 pm

branham1965 wrote:

I do not think Rev. Dake believed this. But, I do not hold Rev. Dake as infallible, either. I think to do so would actually be to dishonor him.

Take a look at 1st Corinthians 7:14. It is clear from this verse that the child of two unbelievers is unclean, while the child of at least one believer is clean. Dake is clear in his notes that he does not believe that this refers to soul salvation. I think he goes to far in his notes on this verse, though it is clear that he saw what I see in it, but disagreed with it.

Now, look at Ephesians 5:5, where the term "unclean" (Greek, akathartos) is also used. Ephesians 5:5 is clear that "no unclean person... hath any inheritance in the Kingdom of Christ and of God."

Dake, in his notes is clear that this same Greek word, akathartos, is used in both places. Yet, does not want to come to the obvious conclusion that "unclean" children are "unclean" persons that have no "inheritance in the Kingdom of Christ and of God."

Ephesians 5:6 is absolutely clear that "the wrath of God comes" even "upon the children of disobedience" and that men are out to deceive us concerning this fact.

We have to remember that we are talking about the same God who rejoices over destroying the disobedient and that such destruction includes having fathers and mothers eat their own babies, without even sharing them with other hungry members of their families (see Deuteronomy 28:63 & 28:53-57). Children can very much be the subjects of God's wrath as all the nations added together are worth less than nothing in His sight (Isaiah 40:17).

However, it is also important to note that the children of one or two believing parent(s) is clean (and I do think that the age of accountability applies to clean children). And just as Jesus can forgive the sins of a man based on the faith of the man's friends (see Mark 2:3-5), so I believe that Jesus can save a child based upon the faith of at least one of the child's parents.

Acts 10:42-43 King James Version
"And He commanded us to preach unto the people, and to testify that it is He which was ordained of God to be the Judge of Quick and Dead. To Him give all the Prophets witness, that through His Name WHOSEVER BELIEVETH IN HIM SHALL RECEIVE REMISSION OF SINS."

Hill Top
All Things, Whatsoever Ye Shall Ask in Prayer, Believing, Ye Shall Receive

Post by Hill Top » Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:35 pm

Spiritblade Disciple wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:15 pm
I do not think Rev. Dake believed this. But, I do not hold Rev. Dake as infallible, either. I think to do so would actually be to dishonor him.

Take a look at 1st Corinthians 7:14. It is clear from this verse that the child of two unbelievers is unclean, while the child of at least one believer is clean. Dake is clear in his notes that he does not believe that this refers to soul salvation. I think he goes to far in his notes on this verse, though it is clear that he saw what I see in it, but disagreed with it.

Now, look at Ephesians 5:5, where the term "unclean" (Greek, akathartos) is also used. Ephesians 5:5 is clear that "no unclean person... hath any inheritance in the Kingdom of Christ and of God."

Dake, in his notes is clear that this same Greek word, akathartos, is used in both places. Yet, does not want to come to the obvious conclusion that "unclean" children are "unclean" persons that have no "inheritance in the Kingdom of Christ and of God."

Ephesians 5:6 is absolutely clear that "the wrath of God comes" even "upon the children of disobedience" and that men are out to deceive us concerning this fact.

We have to remember that we are talking about the same God who rejoices over destroying the disobedient and that such destruction includes having fathers and mothers eat their own babies, without even sharing them with other hungry members of their families (see Deuteronomy 28:63 & 28:53-57). Children can very much be the subjects of God's wrath as all the nations added together are worth less than nothing in His sight (Isaiah 40:17).

However, it is also important to note that the children of one or two believing parent(s) is clean (and I do think that the age of accountability applies to clean children). And just as Jesus can forgive the sins of a man based on the faith of the man's friends (see Mark 2:3-5), so I believe that Jesus can save a child based upon the faith of at least one of the child's parents.
It is written..."Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it." (Proverbs 22:6)
This applies to the unequally yoked parent of a child as well as to parents who are both repentant.
So, what makes a parent, or any man, unclean?
Sin.
What is it that you think makes a child unclean?

luchnia
Disperse Abroad! Give to the Poor! So Shall Thy Righteousness Remain Evermore!

Post by luchnia » Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:09 am

Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:45 pm
luchnia wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:15 am
We talk about babies, but what about a young child? How old does one need to be in order to be accountable - 2, 4, 6, 8? Remember there was a king that was 7 years old. I don't remember the scripture at the moment, but an amazing story of what happened.
Well... A thought comes to mind... The reason that a group of foot soldiers is called an infantry is because that used to be the job of the children during war.

That said, if there is an age of accountability, and I think that there is for clean children, it probably isn't very old. Folks used to be considered adults a lot younger than they are, today.
Having raised some kids, there is definitely a difference in age based on the individual when they become accountable. At least in my opinion it is. I may not understand it exactly, yet it seems there is a place in a person's spirit that comes to a knowledge deep inside and even thinking back on my childhood, I think I remember a time that I knew I was accountable to something higher than me. For me, though I was much older. When i was young, I had no clue up from down much less accountability to anything.

Children must have been different in days of old, because today I cannot imagine a kid having enough sense to do anything at 7 years old, much less ruling a kingdom. Some of these kids today are dumber than rocks, but then look how they are trained up. They are not taught anything but to be a couch sponge.

Thinking about infantry, here is a situation to consider that happens all the time. Say a militia group takes a very young child and feeds them and trains them to fight for an evil cause and this child becomes a killer because of their training. What happens to that child when it is killed as it has been brainwashed into a killing machine? They merely do what their teachers taught them and don't know right from wrong.

There are cases of extremely young children as young as 4 or 5 years old being taught to give soldiers small lunch bags and then the bag will explode and kill the soldier when he opens it. Is this a case of woe to the one by which the sin came?

Word up!

luchnia

Post by luchnia » Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:17 am

branham1965 wrote:

Evil stuff? As long as I have read God's word, to me, His judgment is NEVER evil stuff.

Just think the damage a person gets the first time they read the bible and see the judgment of God. Does such a one think that God is fair when they first read His word? I have heard people say, "Who would serve a God that sends people to hell?"

Few understand and stand amazed at God's judgment, but if they seek Him they grow to know deep inside it is a matter of understanding God and why He judges as He does. Once they mature they know His judgments are righteous and true and best for all concerned.

Word up!

luchnia

Post by luchnia » Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:22 am

Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:15 pm
This was similar to what I was referring to in another post. We are to rejoice as well and that seems difficult at times. There are men that have done such evil acts today and we should rejoice when they are gone from the earth, yet that can seem an odd thing. I am reminded of the "woes" that Jesus pronounced.

Word up!

branham1965

Post by branham1965 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:44 am

branham1965 wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:58 am
I have checked the commentators on this .no one agrees with you guys.

Get up in your local Churches and let that " cat " out of the bag. :shocked!:

People tarred and feathered in the old days. :mrgreen: :lol!:

Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:49 pm
branham1965 wrote:

I think it is wrong to call biblical truth "evil stuff."

God made Hell and Hell is good. If someone is sent to Hell, His decision is just. If they are sent early, it is in His mercy as they don't increase the intensity of their torment through adding sin upon sin and others don't have to suffer their folly.

For example, when God slew the first born of Egypt, it was because of His mercy. See Psalm 136:1-10, especially verse 10.

luchnia

Post by luchnia » Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:27 pm

branham1965 wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:44 am
branham1965 wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:58 am
I have checked the commentators on this .no one agrees with you guys.

Get up in your local Churches and let that " cat " out of the bag. :shocked!:

People tarred and feathered in the old days. :mrgreen: :lol!:
Commentators? Really? I prefer God's word any day over commentators. That is like living your life by the local media outlets. :shocked!:

Local churches? Many of the local religious leaders of today are pushing liberalism and promoting homos and lesbians preaching from the pulpit and not a solid source of truth. Stick with the Spirit of Truth and God's word if you want truth.

You are so right about people being tarred and feathered though. The local religious leaders of Jesus' time even went further than tar and feathering. They had Jesus killed for this very type of thing. Just imagine Him calling Himself God and believing He is God's spokesman, pronouncing woes on people, and speaking God's truth!

Word up!

branham1965

Post by branham1965 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:36 pm

1.Good Commentaries and Study Bibles (like DAKE'S)are excellent aids in Bible Study.Reverend Dake used commentaries and a few other books as well.

2.If we do not assemble we have become hardened.

3 Tar and feather was a bit of a joke.Though i knew one man who was really tarred and feather years ago. :agrue:

luchnia

Post by luchnia » Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:57 pm

branham1965 wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:36 pm
1.Good Commentaries and Study Bibles (like DAKE'S)are excellent aids in Bible Study.Reverend Dake used commentaries and a few other books as well.

2.If we do not assemble we have become hardened.

3 Tar and feather was a bit of a joke.Though i knew one man who was really tarred and feather years ago. :agrue:
I think in the old days, tar and feathering was certainly more commonplace. I have never knew anyone who actually went through that. That must have been one of the most difficult situations to be in, especially cleanup time.

Word up!