Dake Bible Discussion BoardChange My Mind: Some Babies Go to Hell When They Die

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
Spiritblade Disciple
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Change My Mind: Some Babies Go to Hell When They Die

Post by Spiritblade Disciple » Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:32 pm

I believe that the Bible teaches that some babies go to Hell when they die.

Change my mind.

Please, prove from the Bible that all babies, without exception, go to Heaven when they die.

Acts 10:42-43 King James Version
"And He commanded us to preach unto the people, and to testify that it is He which was ordained of God to be the Judge of Quick and Dead. To Him give all the Prophets witness, that through His Name WHOSEVER BELIEVETH IN HIM SHALL RECEIVE REMISSION OF SINS."

Hill Top
All Things, Whatsoever Ye Shall Ask in Prayer, Believing, Ye Shall Receive

Re: Change My Mind: Some Babies Go to Hell When They Die

Post by Hill Top » Sun Mar 10, 2019 11:47 pm

Spiritblade Disciple wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:32 pm
I believe that the Bible teaches that some babies go to Hell when they die.
Change my mind.

Please, prove from the Bible that all babies, without exception, go to Heaven when they die.
It is written..."And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:" (Heb 9:27)
Judged for what?
Their sins.
What sin can a baby have?
As no baby can commit any sin, it stands to reason that their names will not be erased from the book of life.

Spiritblade Disciple
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by Spiritblade Disciple » Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:14 pm

Even if you are correct about Hebrews 9:27, which is only part of a sentence, being limited to those that are old enough to know right from wrong, that doesn't prove that all babies will be in Heaven.

"And He commanded us to preach unto the people, and to testify that it is He which was ordained of God to be the Judge of Quick and Dead. To Him give all the Prophets witness, that through His Name WHOSEVER BELIEVETH IN HIM SHALL RECEIVE REMISSION OF SINS."

Hill Top

Post by Hill Top » Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:37 pm

Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:14 pm
Even if you are correct about Hebrews 9:27, which is only part of a sentence, being limited to those that are old enough to know right from wrong, that doesn't prove that all babies will be in Heaven.
What difference does it make if one knows right from wrong if a baby can be judged a sinner before committing any sin?
Your POV judges babies unjustly.
It "assumes" uncleanness without a trial.

luchnia
Disperse Abroad! Give to the Poor! So Shall Thy Righteousness Remain Evermore!

Post by luchnia » Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:15 am

We talk about babies, but what about a young child? How old does one need to be in order to be accountable - 2, 4, 6, 8? Remember there was a king that was 7 years old. I don't remember the scripture at the moment, but an amazing story of what happened.

Word up!

branham1965

Post by branham1965 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:33 pm

Can you imagine a new Christian finding out about this board??

Reading that babies and little children are cast into hell fire forever???

Can you imagine the damage they would have reading this evil stuff???

Children and Babies do not go to hell fire.

That is not Justice in any sense of the word.

Reverend Dake NEVER taught such a thing.

Hill Top

Post by Hill Top » Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:42 pm

luchnia wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:15 am
We talk about babies...
That is the topic of the thread.
but what about a young child? How old does one need to be in order to be accountable - 2, 4, 6, 8? Remember there was a king that was 7 years old. I don't remember the scripture at the moment, but an amazing story of what happened.
When a child knows that doing something is wrong, but does it anyway, he is accountable for the punishment he will get.
(the child/king was Jehoash...(2 Kings 11:21-12:1-19)...)

luchnia
Disperse Abroad! Give to the Poor! So Shall Thy Righteousness Remain Evermore!

Post by luchnia » Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:25 pm

branham1965 wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:33 pm
Can you imagine a new Christian finding out about this board??

Reading that babies and little children are cast into hell fire forever???

Can you imagine the damage they would have reading this evil stuff???

Children and Babies do not go to hell fire.

That is not Justice in any sense of the word.

Reverend Dake NEVER taught such a thing.
Here is a question for you. Say a 7 year old king does evil in the sight of the Lord and dies. Is he lost or saved?

Word up!

Spiritblade Disciple

Post by Spiritblade Disciple » Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:41 pm

Hill Top wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:37 pm
Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:14 pm
What difference does it make if one knows right from wrong if a baby can be judged a sinner before committing any sin?
Your POV judges babies unjustly.
It "assumes" uncleanness without a trial.
Why do you feel that it is unjust for God to judge us based upon actions that we partook in even before our conception? Such as Levi paying tithes in Abraham over 400 years before his conception?

Hebrews 7:9-10 King James Version
And as I may so say, Levi also, who receiveth tithes, payed tithes in Abraham. For he was yet in the loins of his father, when Melchisedec met him.

Why do you feel it is wrong to conclude that we were condemned through Adam's transgression? Why do you believe that anyone can enter Heaven without being saved through Christ?

Spiritblade Disciple

Post by Spiritblade Disciple » Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:45 pm

luchnia wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:15 am
We talk about babies, but what about a young child? How old does one need to be in order to be accountable - 2, 4, 6, 8? Remember there was a king that was 7 years old. I don't remember the scripture at the moment, but an amazing story of what happened.
Well... A thought comes to mind... The reason that a group of foot soldiers is called an infantry is because that used to be the job of the children during war.

That said, if there is an age of accountability, and I think that there is for clean children, it probably isn't very old. Folks used to be considered adults a lot younger than they are, today.