Dake Bible Discussion BoardWorldly Pleasures in Churches are Schools of Crime

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
Spiritblade Disciple
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Worldly Pleasures in Churches are Schools of Crime

Post by Spiritblade Disciple » Tue Feb 26, 2019 6:00 pm

In Bible Truths Unmasked, Rev. Dr. Finis J. Dake wrote: Worldly Pleasures in Churches are Schools of Crime

When children see the world in the churches they are many times turned against Christianity and go into the world when they leave home. I was one of those that rejected Christ for years because of these conditions, and things are infinitely worse in churches today than when I was a boy.

I was brought up in a nice, dignified church where I saw church members participating in activities that were not appropriate for followers of Christ. Many is the time I said, “If that is Christianity, I do not want it.” I saw my friends join church, get baptized, and formally accept Christ. I never would join the church. I first wanted to see if religion changed my friends. When I saw them live as they did before, I turned from such hypocrisy and sham and rejected the church for years, until I saw real Christianity in practice. Then I was not long in getting saved from my sins. Sinners are hungry for real Christianity and they will soon accept Christ if men live Christian lives before them.
I wonder how many great Bible teachers and scholars never came to Christ or fell away from Him due to the same reasons that Dake, himself, almost didn't become a Christian?

Get your own copy of Bible Truths Unmasked at DakeBible.com.

Job 14:4 King James Version
Who can bring a CLEAN thing out of an UNCLEAN? Not one.

luchnia
He Which Soweth Sparingly Shall Reap also Sparingly

Re: Worldly Pleasures in Churches are Schools of Crime

Post by luchnia » Wed Feb 27, 2019 6:47 am

Spiritblade Disciple wrote:
Tue Feb 26, 2019 6:00 pm
In Bible Truths Unmasked, Rev. Dr. Finis J. Dake wrote: Worldly Pleasures in Churches are Schools of Crime

When children see the world in the churches they are many times turned against Christianity and go into the world when they leave home. I was one of those that rejected Christ for years because of these conditions, and things are infinitely worse in churches today than when I was a boy.

I was brought up in a nice, dignified church where I saw church members participating in activities that were not appropriate for followers of Christ. Many is the time I said, “If that is Christianity, I do not want it.” I saw my friends join church, get baptized, and formally accept Christ. I never would join the church. I first wanted to see if religion changed my friends. When I saw them live as they did before, I turned from such hypocrisy and sham and rejected the church for years, until I saw real Christianity in practice. Then I was not long in getting saved from my sins. Sinners are hungry for real Christianity and they will soon accept Christ if men live Christian lives before them.
I wonder how many great Bible teachers and scholars never came to Christ or fell away from Him due to the same reasons that Dake, himself, almost didn't become a Christian?
Good topic SB.

In my opinion, the numbers are high and not often talked about. As a child of God in these times, today's church repels me. Many are about boosting the emo "feel good" quotient and preying on that aspect. If you think about it, they no longer have to reject the church (small c) because sin is allowed there and becoming more the normal today. Many pastors simply allow sin in the congregations and don't deal with it.

As long as sin is taught as being accepted practice, you will have problems because that goes against what God teaches. After all, what is there to be saved from if you are a sinner. Why would you desire to become part of them because they really aren't different from the world? You can go to today's church and continue to sin all you want and feel good while you doing it.

Consider that today with lesbians and homos being ordained and preaching from the pulpit, how much more will those that seek be conditioned to partake and allow such activities that are not appropriate because the preacher is condoning the hypocrisy and is working part of it.

Word up!

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:52 am

Saints preserve us.

branham1965

Post by branham1965 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:58 am

It is a great book.

branham1965

Post by branham1965 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 5:50 am

My copy says Movies can be schools of crime on page 35.

[/quote]

luchnia

Post by luchnia » Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:57 am

branham1965 wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:58 am
It is a great book.

Yes, only there is not enough of it. It is laid out much better and easier to follow than GPFM. :mrgreen:

Word up!

Spiritblade Disciple

Post by Spiritblade Disciple » Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:59 am

branham1965 wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 5:50 am
My copy says Movies can be schools of crime on page 35.

Mine says movies are schools of crime, too, in a nearby section.

Spiritblade Disciple

Post by Spiritblade Disciple » Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:51 pm

branham1965 wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:52 am
Saints preserve us.
I don't think Dakites believe in praying to the saints. :scatter:

luchnia

Post by luchnia » Fri Mar 01, 2019 6:48 am

branham1965 wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:58 am
It is a great book.
Does this mean you might become a Dakite? :shocked!: :mrgreen:

Word up!

Hill Top
Go Ye and Teach All Nations, Baptizing Them in the Name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost

Post by Hill Top » Fri Mar 01, 2019 12:51 pm

Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:51 pm
branham1965 wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:52 am
Saints preserve us.
I don't think Dakites believe in praying to the saints. :scatter:
Good catch !
Another worldly saying is revealed for what it is...false church propaganda.