Dake Bible Discussion BoardThe Problem with Most Preachers

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
User avatar
branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous
Posts: 6365
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:18 am

Re: The Problem with Most Preachers

Post by branham1965 » Sat Mar 02, 2019 7:48 pm

Who are we to judge another man's servant??Romans 14:4

Dad Hagin said he was being critical of another minister once.The Lord spoke to him and said "You would not have done as well as had done,and quoted this Scripture to him.

Dad Hagin fell on his face and repented with tears.


Spiritblade Disciple wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:48 pm
Grandfather wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:20 pm
Spiritblade Disciple wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:29 pm
Someone wrote, "The problem with most preachers; nobody wants to kill them."

Do you agree or disagree?

Why?
The problem is... most Christians do not want to kill themselves. They do not want to die to the flesh, they do not want to be a living sacrifice, they do not want to lay down their wants, desires, dreams for others.

Sadly it is easier to see the lack in others more easily than we see it in ourselves as we judge others by their actions and ourselves by our motives.
Those problems you list are probably true of most preachers, too.

But, you're right about most Christians too.

Do you agree with the idea that "The problem with most preachers; nobody wants to kill them"?



User avatar
Spiritblade Disciple
Moderator
Posts: 5021
Joined: Sat Aug 07, 2004 6:27 pm

Re: The Problem with Most Preachers

Post by Spiritblade Disciple » Sat Mar 02, 2019 8:54 pm

branham1965 wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 7:48 pm
Who are we to judge another man's servant??Romans 14:4
Off Topic
Thanks for posting this verse. It is another that confirms that the Godhead is composed of Men, just as Jesus said in John 8:17. "Another Man's servant." And, that Man, the Lord Jesus Christ, is God.


► Show Spoiler

Hill Top
Bless the Lord with All Thine Soul and Forget Not Who Satifieth Thy Mouth with Good Things
Posts: 1004
Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:29 pm

Re: The Problem with Most Preachers

Post by Hill Top » Sat Mar 02, 2019 10:12 pm

Spiritblade Disciple wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 8:54 pm
Off Topic
Thanks for posting this verse. It is another that confirms that the Godhead is composed of Men, just as Jesus said in John 8:17. "Another Man's servant." And, that Man, the Lord Jesus Christ, is God.
As those who commit sin are servants of sin, and no man can serve two masters, the sinner is not God's nor Jesus' servant.



User avatar
Spiritblade Disciple
Moderator
Posts: 5021
Joined: Sat Aug 07, 2004 6:27 pm

Re: The Problem with Most Preachers

Post by Spiritblade Disciple » Sat Mar 02, 2019 10:14 pm

Hill Top wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 10:12 pm
Spiritblade Disciple wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 8:54 pm
Off Topic
Thanks for posting this verse. It is another that confirms that the Godhead is composed of Men, just as Jesus said in John 8:17. "Another Man's servant." And, that Man, the Lord Jesus Christ, is God.
As those who commit sin are servants of sin, and no man can serve two masters, the sinner is not God's nor Jesus' servant.
Very true and good point!


► Show Spoiler

User avatar
luchnia
Have Faith in God
Posts: 1527
Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:01 am

Re: The Problem with Most Preachers

Post by luchnia » Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:15 am

branham1965 wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 7:48 pm
Who are we to judge another man's servant??Romans 14:4
Another greatly misunderstood verse taken out of context to mean something besides what the intended purpose was. Even the one who made the statement stated that the spiritual man judges all things, yet he himself is judged of no man. Those that have the mind of Christ judge all things by the Spirit they have been given, and yes, even the fruit and words of preachers.


Word up!

User avatar
branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous
Posts: 6365
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:18 am

Re: The Problem with Most Preachers

Post by branham1965 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 2:56 am

The Godhead is composed of men????


Spiritblade Disciple wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 8:54 pm
branham1965 wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 7:48 pm
Who are we to judge another man's servant??Romans 14:4
Off Topic
Thanks for posting this verse. It is another that confirms that the Godhead is composed of Men, just as Jesus said in John 8:17. "Another Man's servant." And, that Man, the Lord Jesus Christ, is God.
Last edited by branham1965 on Mon Mar 04, 2019 3:09 am, edited 1 time in total.



User avatar
branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous
Posts: 6365
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:18 am

Re: The Problem with Most Preachers

Post by branham1965 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 3:08 am

branham1965 wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 2:56 am
The Godhead is composed of men????


Spiritblade Disciple wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 8:54 pm
branham1965 wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 7:48 pm
Who are we to judge another man's servant??Romans 14:4
Off Topic
Thanks for posting this verse. It is another that confirms that the Godhead is composed of Men, just as Jesus said in John 8:17. "Another Man's servant." And, that Man, the Lord Jesus Christ, is God.



User avatar
branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous
Posts: 6365
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:18 am

Re: The Problem with Most Preachers

Post by branham1965 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 3:09 am

no luchnia no :neutral: :neutral:
luchnia wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:15 am
branham1965 wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 7:48 pm
Who are we to judge another man's servant??Romans 14:4
Another greatly misunderstood verse taken out of context to mean something besides what the intended purpose was. Even the one who made the statement stated that the spiritual man judges all things, yet he himself is judged of no man. Those that have the mind of Christ judge all things by the Spirit they have been given, and yes, even the fruit and words of preachers.



User avatar
luchnia
Have Faith in God
Posts: 1527
Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:01 am

Re: The Problem with Most Preachers

Post by luchnia » Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:01 am

branham1965 wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 3:09 am
no luchnia no :neutral: :neutral:
luchnia wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:15 am
branham1965 wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 7:48 pm
Who are we to judge another man's servant??Romans 14:4
Another greatly misunderstood verse taken out of context to mean something besides what the intended purpose was. Even the one who made the statement stated that the spiritual man judges all things, yet he himself is judged of no man. Those that have the mind of Christ judge all things by the Spirit they have been given, and yes, even the fruit and words of preachers.
Since you think it wrong to judge another man's servant will you be attending a church with a gay preacher that condones lusting after a man and teaches that is an acceptable practice before the Lord? Since you don't judge them, they must be correct in their doctrine and you should condone such as well. Don't you see the problem in not judging this?

A man's servant is the business of his master, however if that servant becomes entangled in the affairs of others it becomes their judgment call and they judge the matter and will get with the master of such a servant to get it cleared up. Paul was very clear about judging and so was Jesus as He and the saints of God by the Spirit judge all things.


Word up!

User avatar
branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous
Posts: 6365
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:18 am

Re: The Problem with Most Preachers

Post by branham1965 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:30 am

Do not put words in my mouth .I do not condone any of that sexual perversion. BUT I also do not think such people are doomed and cannot be saved.
What does Matthew 7:1-5 mean to you ???


luchnia wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:01 am
branham1965 wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 3:09 am
no luchnia no :neutral: :neutral:
luchnia wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:15 am
branham1965 wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 7:48 pm
Who are we to judge another man's servant??Romans 14:4
Another greatly misunderstood verse taken out of context to mean something besides what the intended purpose was. Even the one who made the statement stated that the spiritual man judges all things, yet he himself is judged of no man. Those that have the mind of Christ judge all things by the Spirit they have been given, and yes, even the fruit and words of preachers.
Since you think it wrong to judge another man's servant will you be attending a church with a gay preacher that condones lusting after a man and teaches that is an acceptable practice before the Lord? Since you don't judge them, they must be correct in their doctrine and you should condone such as well. Don't you see the problem in not judging this?

A man's servant is the business of his master, however if that servant becomes entangled in the affairs of others it becomes their judgment call and they judge the matter and will get with the master of such a servant to get it cleared up. Paul was very clear about judging and so was Jesus as He and the saints of God by the Spirit judge all things.



Post Reply