Dake Bible Discussion BoardThe Problem with Most Preachers

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
User avatar
Spiritblade Disciple
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous
Posts: 4870
Joined: Sat Aug 07, 2004 6:27 pm

The Problem with Most Preachers

Post by Spiritblade Disciple » Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:29 pm

Someone wrote, "The problem with most preachers; nobody wants to kill them."

Do you agree or disagree?

Why?


Job 14:4 King James Version
Who can bring a CLEAN thing out of an UNCLEAN? Not one.

Hill Top
Go Ye and Teach All Nations, Baptizing Them in the Name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost
Posts: 828
Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:29 pm

Re: The Problem with Most Preachers

Post by Hill Top » Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:41 pm

Spiritblade Disciple wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:29 pm
Someone wrote, "The problem with most preachers; nobody wants to kill them."
Do you agree or disagree?
Why?
I don't agree with the OP.
In 1 Tim 3:7 we see..."Moreover he (bishop/pastor) must have a good report of them which are without; lest he fall into reproach and the snare of the devil.".
If those looking in from the outside have nothing bad to say about them, why would they want to kill them?



User avatar
Spiritblade Disciple
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous
Posts: 4870
Joined: Sat Aug 07, 2004 6:27 pm

Re: The Problem with Most Preachers

Post by Spiritblade Disciple » Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:42 pm

Good question.


Job 14:4 King James Version
Who can bring a CLEAN thing out of an UNCLEAN? Not one.

User avatar
luchnia
He Which Soweth Sparingly Shall Reap also Sparingly
Posts: 1462
Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:01 am

Re: The Problem with Most Preachers

Post by luchnia » Fri Feb 22, 2019 6:34 am

Maybe they want to kill them but simply don't think it is worth it. I know some preachers have had attempts on their lives. I think most just want them to go away somewhere.

Do you think the person that came up with the statement was looking at it from the standpoint of a non-believer or a believer wanting to kill them? I think non-believers could care less and they think most preachers are crazy and should be put away.

As a believer, I sometimes wished many of them would simply fade away and not continue to spew the false junk they teach because many sheeples follow them. Yet as Paul implied, even if Christ is preached in pretense. I hope they at least preach Christ and Him crucified and rose again from the dead. If not, they have a greater problem.


Word up!

Hill Top
Go Ye and Teach All Nations, Baptizing Them in the Name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost
Posts: 828
Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:29 pm

Re: The Problem with Most Preachers

Post by Hill Top » Fri Feb 22, 2019 2:07 pm

luchnia wrote:
Fri Feb 22, 2019 6:34 am
Maybe they want to kill them but simply don't think it is worth it. I know some preachers have had attempts on their lives. I think most just want them to go away somewhere.

Do you think the person that came up with the statement was looking at it from the standpoint of a non-believer or a believer wanting to kill them? I think non-believers could care less and they think most preachers are crazy and should be put away.

As a believer, I sometimes wished many of them would simply fade away and not continue to spew the false junk they teach because many sheeples follow them. Yet as Paul implied, even if Christ is preached in pretense. I hope they at least preach Christ and Him crucified and rose again from the dead. If not, they have a greater problem.
Makes me wonder who the writer of that quote was too. ??



Grandfather
Knock and It Shall Be Opened Unto You
Posts: 541
Joined: Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:51 pm

Re: The Problem with Most Preachers

Post by Grandfather » Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:20 pm

Spiritblade Disciple wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:29 pm
Someone wrote, "The problem with most preachers; nobody wants to kill them."

Do you agree or disagree?

Why?
The problem is... most Christians do not want to kill themselves. They do not want to die to the flesh, they do not want to be a living sacrifice, they do not want to lay down their wants, desires, dreams for others.

Sadly it is easier to see the lack in others more easily than we see it in ourselves as we judge others by their actions and ourselves by our motives.



User avatar
luchnia
He Which Soweth Sparingly Shall Reap also Sparingly
Posts: 1462
Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:01 am

Re: The Problem with Most Preachers

Post by luchnia » Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:23 pm

Grandfather wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:20 pm
Spiritblade Disciple wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:29 pm
Someone wrote, "The problem with most preachers; nobody wants to kill them."

Do you agree or disagree?

Why?
The problem is... most Christians do not want to kill themselves. They do not want to die to the flesh, they do not want to be a living sacrifice, they do not want to lay down their wants, desires, dreams for others.

Sadly it is easier to see the lack in others more easily than we see it in ourselves as we judge others by their actions and ourselves by our motives.
Yes, so true. A man that looks in the mirror and sees the problems of others has missed his own place of improvement.


Word up!

User avatar
Spiritblade Disciple
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous
Posts: 4870
Joined: Sat Aug 07, 2004 6:27 pm

Re: The Problem with Most Preachers

Post by Spiritblade Disciple » Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:48 pm

Grandfather wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:20 pm
Spiritblade Disciple wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:29 pm
Someone wrote, "The problem with most preachers; nobody wants to kill them."

Do you agree or disagree?

Why?
The problem is... most Christians do not want to kill themselves. They do not want to die to the flesh, they do not want to be a living sacrifice, they do not want to lay down their wants, desires, dreams for others.

Sadly it is easier to see the lack in others more easily than we see it in ourselves as we judge others by their actions and ourselves by our motives.
Those problems you list are probably true of most preachers, too.

But, you're right about most Christians too.

Do you agree with the idea that "The problem with most preachers; nobody wants to kill them"?


Job 14:4 King James Version
Who can bring a CLEAN thing out of an UNCLEAN? Not one.

User avatar
luchnia
He Which Soweth Sparingly Shall Reap also Sparingly
Posts: 1462
Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:01 am

Re: The Problem with Most Preachers

Post by luchnia » Fri Mar 01, 2019 6:45 am

Spiritblade Disciple wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:48 pm
Grandfather wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:20 pm
Spiritblade Disciple wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:29 pm
Someone wrote, "The problem with most preachers; nobody wants to kill them."

Do you agree or disagree?

Why?
The problem is... most Christians do not want to kill themselves. They do not want to die to the flesh, they do not want to be a living sacrifice, they do not want to lay down their wants, desires, dreams for others.

Sadly it is easier to see the lack in others more easily than we see it in ourselves as we judge others by their actions and ourselves by our motives.
Those problems you list are probably true of most preachers, too.

But, you're right about most Christians too.

Do you agree with the idea that "The problem with most preachers; nobody wants to kill them"?
If we did some analysis, I bet this problem is across the board. I think in a lot of cases there are those that can see the lack by the Spirit, but don't know how to approach the person and deal with it properly. How many do you know that will accept reproof in righteousness? Not much Godly humility exhibited these days.

I am reminded of what Paul told Timothy about rebuke, reproof, exhortation with all long suffering and so on. And even then, will the one being reproved have the wisdom to accept it? There are so many that believe they are above such things and choose not to see God's instructions in righteousness.


Word up!

User avatar
branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous
Posts: 6386
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:18 am

Re: The Problem with Most Preachers

Post by branham1965 » Sat Mar 02, 2019 7:43 pm

I detest such an attitude.It is sickening.Those advocating such garbage need to be institutionalized.


Spiritblade Disciple wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:29 pm
Someone wrote, "The problem with most preachers; nobody wants to kill them."

Do you agree or disagree?

Why?



Post Reply