Dake Bible Discussion BoardA challenge of faith.

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
luchnia
Shall Not He that Spared Not His Own Son Freely Give Us All Things?

A challenge of faith.

Post by luchnia »

Many want faith, but when they find out what is required for operation of faith in their lives, their desire changes and most wind up with faith that is dead or as some would call it faith without corresponding action. You find a lack of action in faith for health, prosperity, and eternal life – basically overall wholeness is simply not there. I think the same challenge exist in faith for eternal life.

It may have been in Dake’s writings that mention corresponding action to faith not sure, but point is faith requires something to be done from the individual. I am sure that none of us disagree that faith without works is simply dead faith as we read in James.

Take these three basic things, health, prosperity, and eternal life that makes one whole in Christ. Through Jesus God made provision to walk fully in all three, providing we take the necessary actions and not hinder His work in any way. If one does not walk in faith for health and prosperity, how do they walk in faith for eternal life which requires the greatest working faith because the manifestation of eternal life is not readily seen but is only evident by what is not seen?

I think this is why salvation for eternal life is easy to proclaim for many, yet hard to live it out in their daily walk. You have heard the old saying about preaching a good game, but not playing it. The profession is not genuine because it can be lip service and not active living faith. As Jesus put it, you judge a tree by the fruit it bares.

The challenge against that dead faith is as James put it, “I will show you my faith by my works.” Another way to look at it is that a life in Christ will be a life of corresponding action to the one they believe in. I so like the words that Paul used in Galatians 2:20, "I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me."

Word up!

TruthSeeker
Malachi

Re: A challenge of faith.

Post by TruthSeeker »

luchnia wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:28 pm
Many want faith, but when they find out what is required for operation of faith in their lives, their desire changes and most wind up with faith that is dead or as some would call it faith without corresponding action. You find a lack of action in faith for health, prosperity, and eternal life – basically overall wholeness is simply not there. I think the same challenge exist in faith for eternal life.

It may have been in Dake’s writings that mention corresponding action to faith not sure, but point is faith requires something to be done from the individual. I am sure that none of us disagree that faith without works is simply dead faith as we read in James.

Take these three basic things, health, prosperity, and eternal life that makes one whole in Christ. Through Jesus God made provision to walk fully in all three, providing we take the necessary actions and not hinder His work in any way. If one does not walk in faith for health and prosperity, how do they walk in faith for eternal life which requires the greatest working faith because the manifestation of eternal life is not readily seen but is only evident by what is not seen?

I think this is why salvation for eternal life is easy to proclaim for many, yet hard to live it out in their daily walk. You have heard the old saying about preaching a good game, but not playing it. The profession is not genuine because it can be lip service and not active living faith. As Jesus put it, you judge a tree by the fruit it bares.

The challenge against that dead faith is as James put it, “I will show you my faith by my works.” Another way to look at it is that a life in Christ will be a life of corresponding action to the one they believe in. I so like the words that Paul used in Galatians 2:20, "I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me."
Good post. If faith works by love, and it does, then how would one do those things in 1 Cor. 13:2 ( like removing mountains) by faith without love?

TruthSeeker
Malachi

Re: A challenge of faith.

Post by TruthSeeker »

Can anyone give examples of successful mountain moving faith that was sinful and apart from love in the scriptures?