Dake Bible Discussion BoardA challenge of faith.

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
Hill Top
All Things, Whatsoever Ye Shall Ask in Prayer, Believing, Ye Shall Receive

Re: A challenge of faith.

Post by Hill Top » Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:56 pm

TruthSeeker wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:22 pm
Spiritblade Disciple wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:10 pm
TruthSeeker wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:21 pm
Can anyone give examples of successful mountain moving faith that was sinful and apart from love in the scriptures?
Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:45 pm
Matthew 7:22 King James Version
"Many will say to Me in that day, 'Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Thy Name? And in Thy Name have cast out devils? And in Thy Name done many wonderful works?'"
TruthSeeker wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:03 pm

I thought of that. Dake in his commentary suggested those people were lying.
Many teach that the gifts of the Spirit can be used by those that have fallen away. A person with the gift of miracles, healings, etc... could still use them in a backslidden/lost condition.

Jesus said that He never knew them not that He once knew them. Are you saying unsaved people can cast out devils?
The bible says that the devil can do miracles. (Matt 24:24, Rev 13:12-15)

Spiritblade Disciple
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by Spiritblade Disciple » Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:14 pm

TruthSeeker wrote:
Can anyone give examples of successful mountain moving faith that was sinful and apart from love in the scriptures?
"Many will say to Me in that day, 'Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Thy Name? And in Thy Name have cast out devils? And in Thy Name done many wonderful works?'"
TruthSeeker wrote:

Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:10 pm
Many teach that the gifts of the Spirit can be used by those that have fallen away. A person with the gift of miracles, healings, etc... could still use them in a backslidden/lost condition.
TruthSeeker wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:22 pm

Jesus said that He never knew them not that He once knew them. Are you saying unsaved people can cast out devils?
Hill Top wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:56 pm
The bible says that the devil can do miracles. (Matt 24:24, Rev 13:12-15)
Yes, it does.

Acts 10:42-43 King James Version
"And He commanded us to preach unto the people, and to testify that it is He which was ordained of God to be the Judge of Quick and Dead. To Him give all the Prophets witness, that through His Name WHOSEVER BELIEVETH IN HIM SHALL RECEIVE REMISSION OF SINS."

luchnia
Disperse Abroad! Give to the Poor! So Shall Thy Righteousness Remain Evermore!

Post by luchnia » Thu Feb 21, 2019 7:01 am

TruthSeeker wrote:
TruthSeeker wrote:

I have heard a lot of teachers teach that these folks actually did the things they claimed. I disagree with that theory. If one is a worker of iniquity, then they could easily be lying about what they did because lying is a work of iniquity. Why else would Jesus even make the comment to them?

When Jesus was approached by the disciples and answered the question about the ones that were doing miraculous works that were not with them, what did Jesus say? Didn't He say that those that are for us are not against us? That should give us some insight on the fact that these workers of iniquity were liars and did not do as they claimed. I find nothing in those verses that show their claims to be true and Jesus did not acknowledge their works nor recognize their claims as true.

Word up!