Dake Bible Discussion BoardThere is no man that sinneth not

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
Post Reply
User avatar
branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous
Posts: 6392
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:18 am

Re: There is no man that sinneth not

Post by branham1965 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:32 am

Ezekiel 18 :4 and 20 are very clear on this.

Reverend Dake said people are judged for the amount of light they have...see Romans 2 DARB.

Babies and little children are innocent .Jesus said their angels behold the face of the Father.

Frankly even being engaged in a discussion on this subject boggles my mind.



User avatar
Spiritblade Disciple
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous
Posts: 4912
Joined: Sat Aug 07, 2004 6:27 pm

Re: There is no man that sinneth not

Post by Spiritblade Disciple » Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:18 pm

branham1965 wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:32 am
Ezekiel 18 :4 and 20 are very clear on this.

Reverend Dake said people are judged for the amount of light they have...see Romans 2 DARB.

Babies and little children are innocent .Jesus said their angels behold the face of the Father.

Frankly even being engaged in a discussion on this subject boggles my mind.
Unless I am mistaken, you are the one that brought this topic to the forefront, in this thread. So, the fact that discussion of it boggles your mind, boggles mine.
:crazyeyes: :crazyeyes: :mrgreen: :crazyeyes: :crazyeyes:


Acts 10:42-43 King James Version
"And He commanded us to preach unto the people, and to testify that it is He which was ordained of God to be the Judge of Quick and Dead. To Him give all the Prophets witness, that through His Name WHOSEVER BELIEVETH IN HIM SHALL RECEIVE REMISSION OF SINS."

User avatar
Spiritblade Disciple
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous
Posts: 4912
Joined: Sat Aug 07, 2004 6:27 pm

Re: There is no man that sinneth not

Post by Spiritblade Disciple » Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:53 pm

Hill Top wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 2:35 pm
Spiritblade Disciple wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:46 pm
Thanks for the reply.
I think you're misapplying 2 Corinthians 5:10.
Why do you think that babies would need to appear before the Judgment Seat of Christ?
If the "We" includes babies, then naturally babies must be included in the "all." If the "we" does not include babies, then naturally babies would not be included in the "all."
All means all. Babies included.
Well, if as you say, "All means all," then babies must be judged.

Now, 2nd Corinthians 5:10 says that that this judgment is according to what one has done in the body, whether good or bad. The Bible says "even a child is known by his doings" (Prov. 20:11). So, if you are right that "all means all" and that the Judgment Seat of Christ is where unbelievers will be judged, then children will receive according to what they have done. And, since separation from God begins at conception, or even earlier (Consider Levi is credited with taking action 400 years before he was born (Psalm 58:3, "The wicked are estranged from the womb"; Hebrews 7:5-9, "Levi... payed tithes in Abraham")) they will be judged according to their deeds.

I still, however, hold that the judgment spoken of in 2nd Corinthians 5:10 is only for the saved, not the damned. But, as you can see, if the damned were to be judged there, even a baby could be judged justly.


Acts 10:42-43 King James Version
"And He commanded us to preach unto the people, and to testify that it is He which was ordained of God to be the Judge of Quick and Dead. To Him give all the Prophets witness, that through His Name WHOSEVER BELIEVETH IN HIM SHALL RECEIVE REMISSION OF SINS."

Hill Top
All Things, Whatsoever Ye Shall Ask in Prayer, Believing, Ye Shall Receive
Posts: 907
Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:29 pm

Re: There is no man that sinneth not

Post by Hill Top » Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:49 pm

Spiritblade Disciple wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:53 pm
Hill Top wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 2:35 pm
Spiritblade Disciple wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:46 pm
Thanks for the reply.
I think you're misapplying 2 Corinthians 5:10.
Why do you think that babies would need to appear before the Judgment Seat of Christ?
If the "We" includes babies, then naturally babies must be included in the "all." If the "we" does not include babies, then naturally babies would not be included in the "all."
All means all. Babies included.
Well, if as you say, "All means all," then babies must be judged.

Now, 2nd Corinthians 5:10 says that that this judgment is according to what one has done in the body, whether good or bad. The Bible says "even a child is known by his doings" (Prov. 20:11). So, if you are right that "all means all" and that the Judgment Seat of Christ is where unbelievers will be judged, then children will receive according to what they have done. And, since separation from God begins at conception, or even earlier (Consider Levi is credited with taking action 400 years before he was born (Psalm 58:3, "The wicked are estranged from the womb"; Hebrews 7:5-9, "Levi... payed tithes in Abraham")) they will be judged according to their deeds.

I still, however, hold that the judgment spoken of in 2nd Corinthians 5:10 is only for the saved, not the damned. But, as you can see, if the damned were to be judged there, even a baby could be judged justly.
What evil could any baby do that would cause it's name to be erased from the book of life?
Your POV neglects the conscience of man driving his actions to do good or do bad.
As a baby has no conscience, how can it be judged as evil?



User avatar
luchnia
Disperse Abroad! Give to the Poor! So Shall Thy Righteousness Remain Evermore!
Posts: 1498
Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:01 am

Re: There is no man that sinneth not

Post by luchnia » Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:07 am

Hill Top wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:49 pm
Spiritblade Disciple wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:53 pm
Hill Top wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 2:35 pm
Spiritblade Disciple wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:46 pm
Thanks for the reply.
I think you're misapplying 2 Corinthians 5:10.
Why do you think that babies would need to appear before the Judgment Seat of Christ?
If the "We" includes babies, then naturally babies must be included in the "all." If the "we" does not include babies, then naturally babies would not be included in the "all."
All means all. Babies included.
Well, if as you say, "All means all," then babies must be judged.

Now, 2nd Corinthians 5:10 says that that this judgment is according to what one has done in the body, whether good or bad. The Bible says "even a child is known by his doings" (Prov. 20:11). So, if you are right that "all means all" and that the Judgment Seat of Christ is where unbelievers will be judged, then children will receive according to what they have done. And, since separation from God begins at conception, or even earlier (Consider Levi is credited with taking action 400 years before he was born (Psalm 58:3, "The wicked are estranged from the womb"; Hebrews 7:5-9, "Levi... payed tithes in Abraham")) they will be judged according to their deeds.

I still, however, hold that the judgment spoken of in 2nd Corinthians 5:10 is only for the saved, not the damned. But, as you can see, if the damned were to be judged there, even a baby could be judged justly.
What evil could any baby do that would cause it's name to be erased from the book of life?
Your POV neglects the conscience of man driving his actions to do good or do bad.
As a baby has no conscience, how can it be judged as evil?
This subject is a complex one, but it is worthy of discussion. It is a hard to discuss with those that are sensitive about it and choose not to dig into God's truth at a deeper level. Both you and SB are bringing out some great scriptures and some good points. Scripture does speak of evil babies, yet what does it mean about them? How can a baby be evil when it has not chosen right or wrong?

Psalm 58 is powerful and seems to deal directly with the wicked from the womb, yet it may well be speaking of those of the evil seed that cannot be held accountable and cannot do any good and are incapable of salvation. Some think it deals with original sin, others do not.

If God decided to judge a baby on the basis of foreknowledge and condemn one then we know that is a just judgement and we find that supported in scripture. Consider had God judged Cain from birth and slew him knowing he would choose evil over good. It would have been the righteous call to make.

It often amazes me that the righteous rejoice in God's judgment of the wicked no matter what age they are. I have yet to figure out being in that position of rejoicing over the judgment of the wicked, yet I know it is correct.


Word up!

User avatar
branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous
Posts: 6392
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:18 am

Re: There is no man that sinneth not

Post by branham1965 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:59 am

I suppose i did bring it up.I did because i was upset and did not handle my emotions properly.

Any way i went to Christian services Sunday and the Bible Study the singing ,the intermission everything was very well done and in order and respect.

Spiritblade Disciple wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:18 pm
branham1965 wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:32 am
Ezekiel 18 :4 and 20 are very clear on this.

Reverend Dake said people are judged for the amount of light they have...see Romans 2 DARB.

Babies and little children are innocent .Jesus said their angels behold the face of the Father.

Frankly even being engaged in a discussion on this subject boggles my mind.
Unless I am mistaken, you are the one that brought this topic to the forefront, in this thread. So, the fact that discussion of it boggles your mind, boggles mine.
:crazyeyes: :crazyeyes: :mrgreen: :crazyeyes: :crazyeyes:



Post Reply