Dake Bible Discussion BoardThere is no man that sinneth not

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

There is no man that sinneth not

Post by branham1965 »

1 Kings 8:46,2 Chronicles 6:36,Psalm 130:3,Proverbs 20:9,Ecclesiastes 7:20,Romans 3:23,1 John 1:8,10.

I do not believe people who tell me they do not fight the world the flesh and the devil.

The Lord Jesus Christ faced all three as did the Apostles and the early Church and every saint of God.

+mad2

luchnia
Shall Not He that Spared Not His Own Son Freely Give Us All Things?

Re: There is no man that sinneth not

Post by luchnia »

branham1965 wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:28 am
1 Kings 8:46,2 Chronicles 6:36,Psalm 130:3,Proverbs 20:9,Ecclesiastes 7:20,Romans 3:23,1 John 1:8,10.

I do not believe people who tell me they do not fight the world the flesh and the devil.

The Lord Jesus Christ faced all three as did the Apostles and the early Church and every saint of God.

+mad2
Can you post some supporting scriptures that show Jesus fought against the world, His flesh, and the devil and that saints are to do the same? That would be really helpful as none of those scriptures you posted support those statements.

BTW, read 2 Cor 10 about not warring against the flesh. Also, Ephesians chapter 6 is helpful and there are many others.

Word up!

Hill Top
Repent and Be Baptized in the Name of Jesus Christ Because of the Remission of Sins

Post by Hill Top »

branham1965 wrote:

Jesus didn't commit sin,and as we are now IN HIM, we don't have to commit sin either...thanks be to God !

Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Post by Ironman »

luchnia wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:36 pm
branham1965 wrote:

+mad2
Can you post some supporting scriptures that show Jesus fought against the world, His flesh, and the devil and that saints are to do the same? That would be really helpful as none of those scriptures you posted support those statements.

BTW, read 2 Cor 10 about not warring against the flesh. Also, Ephesians chapter 6 is helpful and there are many others.
Here's a few for you, Christ was tempted in all things just as we are. He was tempted in all things and fought temptation as we should and do. We sometimes stumble and have to turn to the Father in Christ name for forgiveness, Christ never once stumbled. IN ALL THINGS MEANS JUST THAT, EVERY THING, THE WORLD, THE FLESH, THE DEVIL.

Mat 4:1
Then was Jesus led up of the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted of the devil.
Mar 1:13
And he was there in the wilderness forty days, tempted of Satan; and was with the wild beasts; and the angels ministered unto him.
Luk 4:2
Being forty days tempted of the devil. And in those days he did eat nothing: and when they were ended, he afterward hungered.

Hebrews 4 15, For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; BUT WAS IN ALL POINTS TEMPTED LIKE AS WE ARE, yet without sin.

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 »

THANK YOU MATE. :angel: :angel:
Ironman wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:02 pm
luchnia wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:36 pm
branham1965 wrote:

+mad2

Here's a few for you, Christ was tempted in all things just as we are. He was tempted in all things and fought temptation as we should and do. We sometimes stumble and have to turn to the Father in Christ name for forgiveness, Christ never once stumbled. IN ALL THINGS MEANS JUST THAT, EVERY THING, THE WORLD, THE FLESH, THE DEVIL.

Mat 4:1
Then was Jesus led up of the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted of the devil.
Mar 1:13
And he was there in the wilderness forty days, tempted of Satan; and was with the wild beasts; and the angels ministered unto him.
Luk 4:2
Being forty days tempted of the devil. And in those days he did eat nothing: and when they were ended, he afterward hungered.

Hebrews 4 15, For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; BUT WAS IN ALL POINTS TEMPTED LIKE AS WE ARE, yet without sin.

luchnia

Post by luchnia »

None of the scriptures posted yet show that Jesus fought against the world, the flesh, or the devil. To be tempted as a man does not mean He fought with anything. Maybe he fought as a child, but there is no record in God's word of that.

He did not fight with the world as He was not of the world, it had nothing on Him. He did not fight with His flesh, as He offered up His flesh to be sacrificed. The devil did not fight Him, He made an open public humiliation of the devil, so what is left? Demons? He never fought a demon.

He simply gave WORD and that was that. No battle, no fighting, nothing. Never ceases to amaze me where folks conjure up this stuff from to make Jesus powerless. Just think a man that could call down legions of angels fighting with the world, the flesh, or the devil - what an irony! Anyone see the dilemma in that one?

Word up!

luchnia

Post by luchnia »

Ironman wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:05 pm
All people inherited sin from Adam and Eve, specifically from Adam.
The word "all" is a very interesting word and it is often used in a manner that is not inclusive of everything in the subject matter. Where did John the Baptist inherit his sin from since he was filled with the Holy Spirit in the womb of his mother? Did it still come from Adam and Eve?

Since he was filled with the Spirit from birth does that mean that the Spirit took up company with John's sin that he inherited from Adam and Eve? That question is worth some thought.

Word up!

Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Post by Ironman »

luchnia wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:53 pm
Ironman wrote:
The word "all" is a very interesting word and it is often used in a manner that is not inclusive of everything in the subject matter. Where did John the Baptist inherit his sin from since he was filled with the Holy Spirit in the womb of his mother? Did it still come from Adam and Eve?

Since he was filled with the Spirit from birth does that mean that the Spirit took up company with John's sin that he inherited from Adam and Eve? That question is worth some thought.
Luke 1:5, For he shall be great in the sight of the Lord, and shall drink neither wine nor strong drink; and he shall be filled with the Holy Ghost, even from his mother's womb.

John was filled with the Holy Spirit from the womb, but he was not baptised with the Holy Spirit, (Matthew 3:13-14),

V, 13, Then cometh Jesus from Galilee to Jordan unto John, to be baptized of him.
V, 14, But John forbad him, saying, I have need to be baptized of thee, and comest thou to me?

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Eccl. 7: 20, For there is not a just man upon earth, that doeth good, and sinneth not.

Romans 3: 10, As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:

Romans 3: 23, For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

luchnia

Post by luchnia »

Ironman wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:48 pm
Luke 1:5, For he shall be great in the sight of the Lord, and shall drink neither wine nor strong drink; and he shall be filled with the Holy Ghost, even from his mother's womb.

John was filled with the Holy Spirit from the womb, but he was not baptised with the Holy Spirit, (Matthew 3:13-14),

V, 13, Then cometh Jesus from Galilee to Jordan unto John, to be baptized of him.
V, 14, But John forbad him, saying, I have need to be baptized of thee, and comest thou to me?

Eccl. 7: 20, For there is not a just man upon earth, that doeth good, and sinneth not.

So John was not a just man? Most interesting. I guess Jesus could have been mistaken and was not aware that John was not a just man.

Word up!

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

THANK YOU MY COBBER ADINO.

Ironman wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:48 pm
luchnia wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:53 pm
Ironman wrote: