Dake Bible Discussion BoardThere is no man that sinneth not

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
Hill Top
Repent and Be Baptized in the Name of Jesus Christ Because of the Remission of Sins

Re: There is no man that sinneth not

Post by Hill Top »

luchnia wrote:
Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:20 am
There is an old saying, "focus on solving the problem and not the person" that helps to keep one directed at the disagreement and not the person and usually lends itself to discussions that promote growth.
:angel:

Hill Top
Repent and Be Baptized in the Name of Jesus Christ Because of the Remission of Sins

Post by Hill Top »

luchnia wrote:
Tue Feb 26, 2019 6:08 pm
Your post almost reminds me of a Hilltop post :mrgreen: :angel:
Shouldn't we now admit that there are men "who sinneth not"? (as per the OP)
Of course this only happen for those whose repentance from sin was true.
And that have crucified the flesh...with the affections and lusts.
And have been reborn of the seed of God.
And that by the grace of God believe "There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it." (1 Cor 10:13)

luchnia
Shall Not He that Spared Not His Own Son Freely Give Us All Things?

Post by luchnia »

Hill Top wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:51 pm
luchnia wrote:
Tue Feb 26, 2019 6:08 pm
Your post almost reminds me of a Hilltop post :mrgreen: :angel:
Shouldn't we now admit that there are men "who sinneth not"? (as per the OP)
Of course this only happen for those whose repentance from sin was true.
And that have crucified the flesh...with the affections and lusts.
And have been reborn of the seed of God.
And that by the grace of God believe "There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it." (1 Cor 10:13)
I have always maintained that there is no such thing as a sinning saint of God and I have gotten a lot of flack for it over the years. I have been called a number of things because of my stance on sin. Saints of God are men and women that sinneth not. No one in sin will enter eternal life because they belong to the devil and do the devil's work (sin), nor do they have the Spirit of God, but then you already know that. The part that you and I disagree on is whether a saint can fall away and move back over to satan's camp. :mrgreen:

Word up!

Hill Top

Post by Hill Top »

luchnia wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:53 am

I have always maintained that there is no such thing as a sinning saint of God and I have gotten a lot of flack for it over the years. I have been called a number of things because of my stance on sin. Saints of God are men and women that sinneth not. No one in sin will enter eternal life because they belong to the devil and do the devil's work (sin), nor do they have the Spirit of God, but then you already know that. The part that you and I disagree on is whether a saint can fall away and move back over to satan's camp.
As scripture states, "...and he cannot sin, because he is born of God." (1 John 3:9)
Those born of God cannot commit sin because the seed of God is in them.
Sin shows they are not reborn of God.
Even if twenty years pass by, one sin denoted whose seed is in a man.

Endure till the end !
We have been given everything we need to see it through till the end of time.

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 »

I cannot say what i wan't to. +zip

Hill Top

Post by Hill Top »

branham1965 wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 12:34 am
I cannot say what i wan't to. +zip
I guess "it" isn't scriptural.

Hill Top

Post by Hill Top »

branham1965 wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 7:34 pm
No one in their right mind denies the awfulness of sin.
But i detest the spirit that always points a condemning finger at others.Matthew 7:1-5.
That made me think of these scriptures...
"For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.
But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.(John 3:20-21)
Is that the "spirit" you detest?

luchnia

Post by luchnia »

We as saints of God should loathe sin and anything associated with it and we have love of God to tell our fellow man to get out of it or perish without God. I am oft amazed at those that condone and allow certain types of sin, acting like it is ok to walk in.

The Word of God becomes a shame and foolishness to such a person. Over time they will be desensitized to the light because they allow darkness to overcome them and they give away to such seduction of the evil one. As the writer stated, awake to righteousness and sin not...

One that looks in the mirror may want to ask the question, what is the fate of a sinner and then go to God's word and find the answer of that question.

Word up!

luchnia

Post by luchnia »

branham1965 wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 2:54 am
I will go with what i said.I think people who assume a condemnatory god complex damning everyone to hell fire need real professional psychiatric care.
That could be the case with many people, however it is good that it is not the case here on the forum. At least folks here post scriptures and let men condemn themselves to hell as scripture indicates will happen to the sinner. As Dake taught a sinner is doomed unless he repent and be saved and a saint lives a holy and righteous life before God and men.

It is always best to allow God's word to work as it is designed. The fact is God's word works perfectly doing the job it was sent forth to do. It will not come back empty or void of power. We don't serve a powerless God, but a righteous, holy, and just God.

Word up!

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 »

To each his own i guess.

luchnia wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 6:38 am
branham1965 wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 2:54 am
I will go with what i said.I think people who assume a condemnatory god complex damning everyone to hell fire need real professional psychiatric care.
That could be the case with many people, however it is good that it is not the case here on the forum. At least folks here post scriptures and let men condemn themselves to hell as scripture indicates will happen to the sinner. As Dake taught a sinner is doomed unless he repent and be saved and a saint lives a holy and righteous life before God and men.

It is always best to allow God's word to work as it is designed. The fact is God's word works perfectly doing the job it was sent forth to do. It will not come back empty or void of power. We don't serve a powerless God, but a righteous, holy, and just God.