Dake Bible Discussion Board3 Days

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
Hill Top
We Receive of Him, Because We Keep His Commandments
Posts: 928
Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:29 pm

Re: 3 Days

Post by Hill Top » Fri Feb 01, 2019 10:06 pm

Spiritblade Disciple wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 5:07 pm
"It would be a manifestation of a lack of faith in what has happened at baptism..." — Hill Top.

What happened at baptism if the repentance was false?
Someone went through the process without without believing what is accomplished at water baptism.
Does "lack of faith" prevent the water from being the Blood?
No, it can't change what the water really is...the blood of Christ.
Lack of faith will cancel what was supposed to happen. ie, the death, and burial of the old man, and resurrection with Christ of a new man.
It will cancel the circumcision of the flesh, and our insertion into Christ.
What about "false repentance"?
Nothing can change what God has ordained, only how it affects you.
Can you see why I think that in your theology, if a person sinned even once since they were water baptized, then it must not have been a real water baptism in that person's case?
Let's look at the effects of a "real" baptism.
Remission of past sins. (Acts 2:38, Rom 3:25)
Insertion into Christ, (wherein is no sin). (Rom 6:3)
Insertion into Christ's death and burial, and our partaking in the resurrection of Christ "to walk in newness of life"...rebirth. (Rom 6:4)
The circumcision of the flesh... (Col 2:11-13)
...with the affections and lusts. (Gal 5:24)
Freedom from sin. (Rom 6:7)
Any sin would betray the non-repentant as a man still in the flesh who was not reborn of God's seed. (1 John 3:8)
The baptism was real, but the baptized didn't benefit from it.



User avatar
luchnia
As Thou Hast Believed, So Be It Done Unto Thee
Posts: 1519
Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:01 am

Re: 3 Days

Post by luchnia » Sat Feb 02, 2019 6:20 am

Hill Top wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 10:06 pm
Let's look at the effects of a "real" baptism.
Don't you mean real "water" baptism since your belief dictates all the things you listed require water and it being Christ blood?

Some people were gathered at the shore of a lake and were being baptized in the water. One of them said the water was the blood of Christ, another said he thought the wine at communion was Christ' blood. On-lookers heard them and said, the wine at communion must be Christ blood because the water hasn't changed and looks like it always did.


Word up!

Hill Top
We Receive of Him, Because We Keep His Commandments
Posts: 928
Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:29 pm

Re: 3 Days

Post by Hill Top » Sat Feb 02, 2019 10:35 pm

luchnia wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 6:20 am
Don't you mean real "water" baptism since your belief dictates all the things you listed require water and it being Christ blood?
Yes I do, as it is the only baptism we can initiate/accomplish.
The baptism of the Holy Spirit is done by God, at His discretion..
Some people were gathered at the shore of a lake and were being baptized in the water. One of them said the water was the blood of Christ, another said he thought the wine at communion was Christ' blood. On-lookers heard them and said, the wine at communion must be Christ blood because the water hasn't changed and looks like it always did.
So?
What has the opinion of three people got to do with my post?
Isn't the communion wine the blood of Christ by faith?
Well so are the waters of baptism in Jesus' name for the remission of past sins.
Why should faith only work in one situation?



User avatar
luchnia
As Thou Hast Believed, So Be It Done Unto Thee
Posts: 1519
Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:01 am

Re: 3 Days

Post by luchnia » Sun Feb 03, 2019 6:39 am

Hill Top wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 10:35 pm
luchnia wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 6:20 am
Don't you mean real "water" baptism since your belief dictates all the things you listed require water and it being Christ blood?
Yes I do, as it is the only baptism we can initiate/accomplish.
The baptism of the Holy Spirit is done by God, at His discretion..
Some people were gathered at the shore of a lake and were being baptized in the water. One of them said the water was the blood of Christ, another said he thought the wine at communion was Christ' blood. On-lookers heard them and said, the wine at communion must be Christ blood because the water hasn't changed and looks like it always did.
So?
What has the opinion of three people got to do with my post?
Isn't the communion wine the blood of Christ by faith?
Well so are the waters of baptism in Jesus' name for the remission of past sins.
Why should faith only work in one situation?
So, by faith, the baptism in water is a baptism in water. The baptism in Christ is a baptism in Christ. The baptism in the Holy Spirit is a baptism in the Holy Spirit. One is in water, one is in Christ, and one is in the Holy Spirit.

Water is specified in the first, but not specified in the later two. Certainly you will imply and maintain that water is meant in one of the later two. As long as you add water to verses where water is not specified there will be complications - e.g to the baptism in Christ (the only baptism that saves the soul performed by the Holy Spirit 1 Cor 12:13, Mt 3:11, Jn 1:31-33, etc.).

So, for you in your walk and by your understanding water for immersion will be required where it is not specified. For the rest, by fatih they will accept the work of the Holy Spirit through Christ.


Word up!

Hill Top
We Receive of Him, Because We Keep His Commandments
Posts: 928
Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:29 pm

Re: 3 Days

Post by Hill Top » Sun Feb 03, 2019 1:59 pm

luchnia wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 6:39 am
So, by faith, the baptism in water is a baptism in water. The baptism in Christ is a baptism in Christ. The baptism in the Holy Spirit is a baptism in the Holy Spirit. One is in water, one is in Christ, and one is in the Holy Spirit.
The baptism WITH water is, by faith, baptism into Christ, into His death burial and resurrection, and the circumcision done without hands in casting off the flesh (with the affections and lusts).
Water baptism is our "immersion" into Christ.

Can you show me where you found a "baptism in Christ"?
Water is specified in the first, but not specified in the later two. Certainly you will imply and maintain that water is meant in one of the later two. As long as you add water to verses where water is not specified there will be complications - e.g to the baptism in Christ (the only baptism that saves the soul performed by the Holy Spirit 1 Cor 12:13, Mt 3:11, Jn 1:31-33, etc.).
In response to 1 Cor 12:13..."And there are three that bear witness in earth, the Spirit, and the water, and the blood: and these three agree in one." (1 John 5:8)
The water, Spirit, and blood are one.

In response to Matt 3:11...I see no indication that water baptism for repentance from sin is abolished, nor do I understand how Jesus' baptism with the Holy Ghost can be accomplished by us.
It is His doing; His gift to those whose turn from sin is real.
We play no part, but a true repentance from sin, in this baptism.

In response to John 1:31-33...Again you are supplanting water baptism with Holy Spirit baptism.
That is an error.
Men are to be water baptized first, then Jesus does the baptizing with the Holy Spirit/Holy Ghost.
It is written..."Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost." (Acts 2:38)
"Get baptized for the remission of sins THEN God will baptize you with the Holy Spirit."
They are sequential events.
So, for you in your walk and by your understanding water for immersion will be required where it is not specified. For the rest, by fatih they will accept the work of the Holy Spirit through Christ.
It is written..."To give knowledge of salvation unto his people by the remission of their sins," (Luke 1:77)
Was water mentioned there?
Was baptism mentioned there?
No they weren't, but it is understood that water baptism was the means of remission of sins then.
So it is now.

BTW, water was "specified" for the Ethiopian eunuch's baptism by Philip.
In fact, a man-performed baptism was also "specified" for the twelve at Ephesus, Paul, the Samaritans, and Cornelius too.
Didn't they "by faith accept the work of the Holy Spirit through Christ"?
I say YES, they did.



TruthSeeker
Wrestle Not Against Flesh and Blood
Posts: 94
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:50 am

Re: 3 Days

Post by TruthSeeker » Wed Feb 20, 2019 1:06 pm

bibleman wrote:
Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:23 am
TruthSeeker wrote:
Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:09 am
macca wrote:
Fri Jan 25, 2019 5:36 am
If you have a look at Dake's chart you will see that Dake has Jesus going into the paradise part of hell.
So it seems to me that Dake did not believe Jesus had to suffer torment in hell like some teach.
Thanks Ironman and macca. That was helpful. I have been taught that Jesus had to suffer torment in hell so that we do not have to.
Yes the idea that Jesus died and went to suffer torment in Hell for 3 days and nights, is widely taught in the Word of Faith Camp of which I am a part.

EW Kenyon, Kenneth Copeland, Kenneth Hagin and a number of others teach it consistently in their tapes, cds and books. I love them all and have received so much from their teaching, but that is one teaching I just cannot find Scriptural support for.
Still pondering what happened those 3 days and 3 nights. Jesus was in such torment in the garden that he sweat drops of blood. I do not believe he feared physical death for he said in Luke 12:4 not to be afraid of those who kill the body and after that have nothing more they can do. And He certainly didn't fear going to paradise. He either was in such torment about taking the sin of the world upon Himself on the cross or going to the place of wicked spirits separated from his Father.




User avatar
bibleman
Administrator
Posts: 2982
Joined: Tue Aug 04, 1998 5:23 pm
Location: South Carolina
Contact:

Re: 3 Days

Post by bibleman » Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:10 pm

TruthSeeker wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 1:06 pm
bibleman wrote:
Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:23 am
TruthSeeker wrote:
Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:09 am
macca wrote:
Fri Jan 25, 2019 5:36 am
If you have a look at Dake's chart you will see that Dake has Jesus going into the paradise part of hell.
So it seems to me that Dake did not believe Jesus had to suffer torment in hell like some teach.
Thanks Ironman and macca. That was helpful. I have been taught that Jesus had to suffer torment in hell so that we do not have to.
Yes the idea that Jesus died and went to suffer torment in Hell for 3 days and nights, is widely taught in the Word of Faith Camp of which I am a part.

EW Kenyon, Kenneth Copeland, Kenneth Hagin and a number of others teach it consistently in their tapes, cds and books. I love them all and have received so much from their teaching, but that is one teaching I just cannot find Scriptural support for.
Still pondering what happened those 3 days and 3 nights. Jesus was in such torment in the garden that he sweat drops of blood. I do not believe he feared physical death for he said in Luke 12:4 not to be afraid of those who kill the body and after that have nothing more they can do. And He certainly didn't fear going to paradise. He either was in such torment about taking the sin of the world upon Himself on the cross or going to the place of wicked spirits separated from his Father.

Dake believed the devil was trying to kill him to keep him from going to the cross.


God bless
Leon Bible

http://www.ministryhelps.com
http://www.dakebible.com
http://www.dakebibleboard.com
https://www.facebook.com/groups/DakeBibleDiscussion/

The fault in Bible complications is not with God or the Bible, but with men who refuse to believe what God says and think we have to interpret what He says in order to get the meaning. Dake Bible -Mark 11:17 note

User avatar
luchnia
As Thou Hast Believed, So Be It Done Unto Thee
Posts: 1519
Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:01 am

Re: 3 Days

Post by luchnia » Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:47 pm

bibleman wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:10 pm
TruthSeeker wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 1:06 pm
bibleman wrote:
Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:23 am
TruthSeeker wrote:
Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:09 am
macca wrote:
Fri Jan 25, 2019 5:36 am
If you have a look at Dake's chart you will see that Dake has Jesus going into the paradise part of hell.
So it seems to me that Dake did not believe Jesus had to suffer torment in hell like some teach.
Thanks Ironman and macca. That was helpful. I have been taught that Jesus had to suffer torment in hell so that we do not have to.
Yes the idea that Jesus died and went to suffer torment in Hell for 3 days and nights, is widely taught in the Word of Faith Camp of which I am a part.

EW Kenyon, Kenneth Copeland, Kenneth Hagin and a number of others teach it consistently in their tapes, cds and books. I love them all and have received so much from their teaching, but that is one teaching I just cannot find Scriptural support for.
Still pondering what happened those 3 days and 3 nights. Jesus was in such torment in the garden that he sweat drops of blood. I do not believe he feared physical death for he said in Luke 12:4 not to be afraid of those who kill the body and after that have nothing more they can do. And He certainly didn't fear going to paradise. He either was in such torment about taking the sin of the world upon Himself on the cross or going to the place of wicked spirits separated from his Father.

Dake believed the devil was trying to kill him to keep him from going to the cross.
When you look at Dake's charts, it appears that he was on to something with this. Even from the beginning we see this constant vigil of the evil one to destroy the seed of God and thwart God's plan. It happened time and time again and each time God made provision to keep His plan on course.

I often wonder why Lucifer once he had fallen, believed that he could overthrow the throne of God. It would seem such a foolish thing to attempt, yet he still went after it. I suppose at his seat in the hierarchy there is much that we simply cannot fathom and to think that a created being could be "perfect" as he was before he fell is a hard concept to grasp. One thing is for sure, we know that his fall created his journey to his ultimate end.


Word up!

Hill Top
We Receive of Him, Because We Keep His Commandments
Posts: 928
Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:29 pm

Re: 3 Days

Post by Hill Top » Thu Feb 21, 2019 2:29 pm

luchnia wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:47 pm
I often wonder why Lucifer once he had fallen, believed that he could overthrow the throne of God. It would seem such a foolish thing to attempt, yet he still went after it. I suppose at his seat in the hierarchy there is much that we simply cannot fathom and to think that a created being could be "perfect" as he was before he fell is a hard concept to grasp. One thing is for sure, we know that his fall created his journey to his ultimate end.
The devil want to take as many people away from God and to destruction as he possibly can.
That is his only mission now.



User avatar
Spiritblade Disciple
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous
Posts: 4919
Joined: Sat Aug 07, 2004 6:27 pm

Re: 3 Days

Post by Spiritblade Disciple » Thu Feb 21, 2019 7:06 pm

luchnia wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:47 pm
I often wonder why Lucifer once he had fallen, believed that he could overthrow the throne of God. It would seem such a foolish thing to attempt, yet he still went after it.
I would imagine that angels, just like people, can be given over to a reprobate mind by God; similar to how God hardened Pharaoh's heart in response to Pharaoh's. It could be that Lucifer no longer truly has a free will. Instead, he's locked in to his course of action. He thinks he's free to choose, but his seeming ability to choose is an illusion.


2 Thessalonians 2:10b-12 King James Version
... because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved... GOD SHALL SEND THEM STRONG DELUSION, that they should believe a lie: THAT THEY ALL MIGHT BE DAMNED who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

Post Reply