Dake Bible Discussion Board3 Days

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
User avatar
luchnia
He that will Love Life, and See Good Days, Let Him Eschew Evil
Posts: 1380
Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:01 am

Re: 3 Days

Post by luchnia » Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:01 pm

Hill Top wrote:
Mon Jan 28, 2019 2:44 pm
luchnia wrote:
Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:24 am
In my view, renewing the mind is simply transforming it as we learn or gain more light through wisdom. It is different than the born-again experience in that the mind is not completely transformed when one is born again.
In that case, there wasn't a new creature reborn of God's seed.
It is the same old creature.
"...behold, ALL THINGS are become new." (2 Cor 5:17)
The born again person knows it is all new, but the mind does not know everything. The mind is on a new journey to find out because it now seeks the things of God on a higher plain in a different realm than was previously entered into.
All new...except the mind?
We aren't talking about how smart a guy is, but about how he reacts, naturally, to the things of God.
And to the things of this world.
Another way to put it is the spirit within man is born from above, but much like the birth of a child the mind must be on a transformation journey with this new birth.
Your doctrine leaves the door open for sin.
"I didn't know..." blah blah blah
Many of your posts such as this one are proof positive evidence that the mind is not fully renewed.


Word up!

Hill Top
He Shall Baptize Thee with the Holy Ghost and Fire
Posts: 752
Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:29 pm

Re: 3 Days

Post by Hill Top » Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:39 pm

luchnia wrote:
Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:01 pm

Many of your posts such as this one are proof positive evidence that the mind is not fully renewed.
As much as I wish you could understand what I write, I know it can't happen until you are baptized, killing the old man and its understandings.
Then you will be raised with Christ to walk in newness of life.

That new life includes a new mind...the mind if Christ.
"...behold, all things are become new." (2 Cor 5:17)



User avatar
luchnia
He that will Love Life, and See Good Days, Let Him Eschew Evil
Posts: 1380
Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:01 am

Re: 3 Days

Post by luchnia » Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:58 pm

Hill Top wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:39 pm
luchnia wrote:
Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:01 pm

Many of your posts such as this one are proof positive evidence that the mind is not fully renewed.
As much as I wish you could understand what I write, I know it can't happen until you are baptized, killing the old man and its understandings.
Then you will be raised with Christ to walk in newness of life.

That new life includes a new mind...the mind if Christ.
"...behold, all things are become new." (2 Cor 5:17)
How do you know I am not baptized? Is that because I disagree with your perception of the various baptisms that you think that?


Word up!

User avatar
Spiritblade Disciple
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous
Posts: 4745
Joined: Sat Aug 07, 2004 6:27 pm

Re: 3 Days

Post by Spiritblade Disciple » Thu Jan 31, 2019 6:41 pm

luchnia wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:58 pm
Hill Top wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:39 pm
luchnia wrote:
Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:01 pm

Many of your posts such as this one are proof positive evidence that the mind is not fully renewed.
As much as I wish you could understand what I write, I know it can't happen until you are baptized, killing the old man and its understandings.
Then you will be raised with Christ to walk in newness of life.

That new life includes a new mind...the mind if Christ.
"...behold, all things are become new." (2 Cor 5:17)
How do you know I am not baptized? Is that because I disagree with your perception of the various baptisms that you think that?
I think that in Hill Top's theology, if you sinned even once since you were dipped in water, then it must not have been a real baptism, in your case.


SPIRITUAL SERVICE
I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service. — ROMANS 12:1

Hill Top
He Shall Baptize Thee with the Holy Ghost and Fire
Posts: 752
Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:29 pm

Re: 3 Days

Post by Hill Top » Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:25 pm

luchnia wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:58 pm

How do you know I am not baptized? Is that because I disagree with your perception of the various baptisms that you think that?
No, just your lack of faith concerning water baptism...for the remission of sins...the death of the old man...the rebirth of a new man...the circumcision done without hands...and of the new mind being part of the new creature.



Hill Top
He Shall Baptize Thee with the Holy Ghost and Fire
Posts: 752
Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:29 pm

Re: 3 Days

Post by Hill Top » Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:30 pm

Spiritblade Disciple wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 6:41 pm
I think that in Hill Top's theology, if you sinned even once since you were dipped in water, then it must not have been a real baptism, in your case.
Actually, that would be an indicator of a false repentance from sin.
It would be a manifestation of a lack of faith in what has happened at baptism, ie...the death of the old man, "with the affections and lusts" (Gal 5:24)
"For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ." (Gal 3:27)
Without faith, a man cannot live without sin.



User avatar
luchnia
He that will Love Life, and See Good Days, Let Him Eschew Evil
Posts: 1380
Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:01 am

Re: 3 Days

Post by luchnia » Fri Feb 01, 2019 5:33 am

Spiritblade Disciple wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 6:41 pm
luchnia wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:58 pm
Hill Top wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:39 pm
luchnia wrote:
Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:01 pm

Many of your posts such as this one are proof positive evidence that the mind is not fully renewed.
As much as I wish you could understand what I write, I know it can't happen until you are baptized, killing the old man and its understandings.
Then you will be raised with Christ to walk in newness of life.

That new life includes a new mind...the mind if Christ.
"...behold, all things are become new." (2 Cor 5:17)
How do you know I am not baptized? Is that because I disagree with your perception of the various baptisms that you think that?
I think that in Hill Top's theology, if you sinned even once since you were dipped in water, then it must not have been a real baptism, in your case.
Yep, because he does not have faith in the baptism into Christ which is more important than the baptism into water. His faith is in the act of using a physical element to remit his sins.

If he did not have the physical element of water his belief would make him full of sin thus no need for the immersion into Christ and the putting away of sin. Since he believes water remits sin, hope he was washed thoroughly in water or he is in danger of hell fire because Christ if of no use to him.


Word up!

Hill Top
He Shall Baptize Thee with the Holy Ghost and Fire
Posts: 752
Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:29 pm

Re: 3 Days

Post by Hill Top » Fri Feb 01, 2019 2:54 pm

luchnia wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 5:33 am
Yep, because he does not have faith in the baptism into Christ which is more important than the baptism into water.
They are the same thing.
Baptism of the Holy Spirit is given by God later.
His faith is in the act of using a physical element to remit his sins.
It is written..."And there are three that bear witness in earth, the Spirit, and the water, and the blood: and these three agree in one." (1 John 5:8)
Are you trying to separate water from blood in agreement?
If he did not have the physical element of water his belief would make him full of sin thus no need for the immersion into Christ and the putting away of sin.
They are done at the same time.
Perhaps you can tell us how you were "immersed" into Christ?
Since he believes water remits sin, hope he was washed thoroughly in water or he is in danger of hell fire because Christ if of no use to him.
I believe the waters of baptism are the blood of Christ. (1 John 5:8)
Without blood there is no remission.
How was the blood of Christ applied to sanctify you?

It is written..."In whom also ye are circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, in putting off the body of the sins of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ:
Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead.
And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses;" (Col 2:11-13)

It is a shame you can't see that baptism...even when water isn't mentioned, is with water unless otherwise specified.
Just like the Ethiopian eunuch, the Samaritans, the twelve at Ephesus, and Cornelius.



User avatar
Spiritblade Disciple
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous
Posts: 4745
Joined: Sat Aug 07, 2004 6:27 pm

Re: 3 Days

Post by Spiritblade Disciple » Fri Feb 01, 2019 5:07 pm

Hill Top wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:30 pm
Spiritblade Disciple wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 6:41 pm
I think that in Hill Top's theology, if you sinned even once since you were dipped in water, then it must not have been a real baptism, in your case.
Actually, that would be an indicator of a false repentance from sin.
It would be a manifestation of a lack of faith in what has happened at baptism, ie...the death of the old man, "with the affections and lusts" (Gal 5:24)
"For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ." (Gal 3:27)
Without faith, a man cannot live without sin.

"It would be a manifestation of a lack of faith in what has happened at baptism..." — Hill Top.

What happened at baptism if the repentance was false?

Does "lack of faith" prevent the water from being the Blood? What about "false repentance"?

Can you see why I think that in your theology, if a person sinned even once since they were water baptized, then it must not have been a real water baptism in that person's case?


SPIRITUAL SERVICE
I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service. — ROMANS 12:1

User avatar
luchnia
He that will Love Life, and See Good Days, Let Him Eschew Evil
Posts: 1380
Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:01 am

Re: 3 Days

Post by luchnia » Fri Feb 01, 2019 6:59 pm

Hill Top wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 2:54 pm
...even when water isn't mentioned, is with water unless otherwise specified.
So if something is not mentioned with a word all the time, then it can be applied with the same word unless otherwise specified? That is like saying because one falls into cow crap, would mean that every time one falls it is assumed it is into cow crap unless otherwise specified.

Do you apply that same standard to other words that you use, or just the word baptism? Of course you don't. If you say your car is blue, that won't convince me that all cars are blue.

BTW, you would have to use fire and Holy Spirit with baptism every time the word baptism is used, unless otherwise specified. Mt 3:11


Word up!

Post Reply