Dake Bible Discussion Board3 Days

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
macca
Tarry Until Ye Be Endued With Power From On High

Re: 3 Days

Post by macca »

God uses human vessels to preach & teach the word of God.
What is in our spirit needs to come through a mind that is attached to a body that is not recreated as our spirit is.
God is a Spirit and communicates with our spirits, not our minds or our bodies.
We are not led by feelings or thoughts.
It's the quite inner witness in our spirits with the word of God that should be leading us and equipping us to teach & preach.
If anyone says they get it right all the time then you need to repent for lying, for you are proud and self reliant and need another dip in the blood of the Lamb.

Being Spirit filled does not guarantee a Christian will never be wrong in their doctrine.
Just look at the early Church how the Jewish Christians
Attacked the gentile Christians and they ended up with Apostles for either group.

2,000 years has produced multiple arms of the Christian Church, but all belong to Christ Jesus.

luchnia
Shall Not He that Spared Not His Own Son Freely Give Us All Things?

Post by luchnia »

Hill Top wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 11:40 pm
luchnia wrote:
Fri Jan 25, 2019 6:34 pm
Oh no you didn't! :shocked!: :mrgreen: Whole lotta leavened lumps out there!
Don't you believe that the Spirit of God is at work today?
That He has someone teaching the right doctrines on earth today?
Or have you given up on God helping the repentant?
Sure I believe the Spirit of God is at work. I was merely replying to Bibleman's post as I often know what direction he is moving in in his posts. He is good at proposing different angles and provoking thoughts for the reader.

Word up!

luchnia

Post by luchnia »

macca wrote:
Sun Jan 27, 2019 6:34 am
If anyone says they get it right all the time then you need to repent for lying, for you are proud and self reliant and need another dip in the blood of the Lamb.

Being Spirit filled does not guarantee a Christian will never be wrong in their doctrine.
I think it is a great sign of maturity in the saint when they fully recognize the mind is the component that is renewable. Taking a stand on what is written by one's own perception can bring about much doctrinal error and few there be will admit it.

Even seasoned saints have much to learn and one whom thinks he or she "has it" certainly lacks much understanding. There is an old saying that goes something like this, everyone is ignorant, just about different things.

Ignorance does not have to make one ashamed. One that is ignorant can learn and grow, one that refuses to grow is basically dead.

Word up!

Hill Top
Repent and Be Baptized in the Name of Jesus Christ Because of the Remission of Sins

Post by Hill Top »

macca wrote:
If by "human", you mean those reborn of the seed of God...we agree.
What is in our spirit needs to come through a mind that is attached to a body that is not recreated as our spirit is.
Don't you believe..." Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new." (2 Corinthians 5:17)
Or..." For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision, but a new creature." (Galatians 6:15)
I do, and I have a new spirit and the mind of Christ.
You are missing out on what being in Christ is all about.
It's the quite inner witness in our spirits with the word of God that should be leading us and equipping us to teach & preach.
I am led by my feelings and thoughts, and my feelings and thoughts are always centered on Christ.
That is what rebirth accomplishes...thanks be to God.
Attacked the gentile Christians and they ended up with Apostles for either group.
I guess it depends on whose spirit is in you, doesn't it?
God's spirit won't give conflicting messages to different "arms".
The gentile and Jewish converts came to resolutions of their differences before there were splits in the church.
2,000 years has produced multiple arms of the Christian Church, but all belong to Christ Jesus.
2000 years has left one church and hundreds of groups that placate sin.
Unrepentant philosophers who think they know better than God.
Thank God for the mercy that has provided time for them to shun the world and learn of love above all else.

Hill Top
Repent and Be Baptized in the Name of Jesus Christ Because of the Remission of Sins

Post by Hill Top »

luchnia wrote:
Sun Jan 27, 2019 7:49 am
I think it is a great sign of maturity in the saint when they fully recognize the mind is the component that is renewable. Taking a stand on what is written by one's own perception can bring about much doctrinal error and few there be will admit it.
Do you see a difference between "renewed" and "reborn/regenerated"?
Or are you of the mind that the reborn need to be renewed over and over and over and over and over again?
Even seasoned saints have much to learn and one whom thinks he or she "has it" certainly lacks much understanding. There is an old saying that goes something like this, everyone is ignorant, just about different things.
We all grow in grace and knowledge, but after being reborn we will never bring forth evil fruit..."because His seed remaineth in us"
Ignorance does not have to make one ashamed. .
Especially since we can ask God for wisdom.
It is written..."If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him." (James 1:5)

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 »

:angel: :angel: Thank you macca.
macca wrote:

luchnia

Post by luchnia »

Hill Top wrote:
Sun Jan 27, 2019 11:26 pm
luchnia wrote:
Sun Jan 27, 2019 7:49 am
Do you see a difference between "renewed" and "reborn/regenerated"?
Or are you of the mind that the reborn need to be renewed over and over and over and over and over again?
In my view, renewing the mind is simply transforming it as we learn or gain more light through wisdom. It is different than the born-again experience in that the mind is not completely transformed when one is born again.

The born again person knows it is all new, but the mind does not know everything. The mind is on a new journey to find out because it now seeks the things of God on a higher plain in a different realm than was previously entered into.

Another way to put it is the spirit within man is born from above, but much like the birth of a child the mind must be on a transformation journey with this new birth.

Word up!

Hill Top

Post by Hill Top »

luchnia wrote:
Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:24 am
In my view, renewing the mind is simply transforming it as we learn or gain more light through wisdom. It is different than the born-again experience in that the mind is not completely transformed when one is born again.
In that case, there wasn't a new creature reborn of God's seed.
It is the same old creature.
"...behold, ALL THINGS are become new." (2 Cor 5:17)
The born again person knows it is all new, but the mind does not know everything. The mind is on a new journey to find out because it now seeks the things of God on a higher plain in a different realm than was previously entered into.
All new...except the mind?
We aren't talking about how smart a guy is, but about how he reacts, naturally, to the things of God.
And to the things of this world.
Another way to put it is the spirit within man is born from above, but much like the birth of a child the mind must be on a transformation journey with this new birth.
Your doctrine leaves the door open for sin.
"I didn't know..." blah blah blah

luchnia

Post by luchnia »

Hill Top wrote:
Mon Jan 28, 2019 2:44 pm
luchnia wrote:
Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:24 am
In that case, there wasn't a new creature reborn of God's seed.
It is the same old creature.
"...behold, ALL THINGS are become new." (2 Cor 5:17)
All new...except the mind?
We aren't talking about how smart a guy is, but about how he reacts, naturally, to the things of God.
And to the things of this world.
Your doctrine leaves the door open for sin.
"I didn't know..." blah blah blah
Many of your posts such as this one are proof positive evidence that the mind is not fully renewed.

Word up!

Hill Top

Post by Hill Top »

luchnia wrote:
Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:01 pm

Many of your posts such as this one are proof positive evidence that the mind is not fully renewed.
As much as I wish you could understand what I write, I know it can't happen until you are baptized, killing the old man and its understandings.
Then you will be raised with Christ to walk in newness of life.

That new life includes a new mind...the mind if Christ.
"...behold, all things are become new." (2 Cor 5:17)