Dake Bible Discussion Board3 Days

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
luchnia
Shall Not He that Spared Not His Own Son Freely Give Us All Things?

Re: 3 Days

Post by luchnia »

bibleman wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:10 pm
TruthSeeker wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 1:06 pm
bibleman wrote:
Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:23 am
TruthSeeker wrote:
Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:09 am
macca wrote:
Fri Jan 25, 2019 5:36 am
If you have a look at Dake's chart you will see that Dake has Jesus going into the paradise part of hell.
So it seems to me that Dake did not believe Jesus had to suffer torment in hell like some teach.
Thanks Ironman and macca. That was helpful. I have been taught that Jesus had to suffer torment in hell so that we do not have to.
Yes the idea that Jesus died and went to suffer torment in Hell for 3 days and nights, is widely taught in the Word of Faith Camp of which I am a part.

EW Kenyon, Kenneth Copeland, Kenneth Hagin and a number of others teach it consistently in their tapes, cds and books. I love them all and have received so much from their teaching, but that is one teaching I just cannot find Scriptural support for.
Still pondering what happened those 3 days and 3 nights. Jesus was in such torment in the garden that he sweat drops of blood. I do not believe he feared physical death for he said in Luke 12:4 not to be afraid of those who kill the body and after that have nothing more they can do. And He certainly didn't fear going to paradise. He either was in such torment about taking the sin of the world upon Himself on the cross or going to the place of wicked spirits separated from his Father.

Dake believed the devil was trying to kill him to keep him from going to the cross.
When you look at Dake's charts, it appears that he was on to something with this. Even from the beginning we see this constant vigil of the evil one to destroy the seed of God and thwart God's plan. It happened time and time again and each time God made provision to keep His plan on course.

I often wonder why Lucifer once he had fallen, believed that he could overthrow the throne of God. It would seem such a foolish thing to attempt, yet he still went after it. I suppose at his seat in the hierarchy there is much that we simply cannot fathom and to think that a created being could be "perfect" as he was before he fell is a hard concept to grasp. One thing is for sure, we know that his fall created his journey to his ultimate end.

Word up!

Hill Top
Repent and Be Baptized in the Name of Jesus Christ Because of the Remission of Sins

Post by Hill Top »

luchnia wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:47 pm
I often wonder why Lucifer once he had fallen, believed that he could overthrow the throne of God. It would seem such a foolish thing to attempt, yet he still went after it. I suppose at his seat in the hierarchy there is much that we simply cannot fathom and to think that a created being could be "perfect" as he was before he fell is a hard concept to grasp. One thing is for sure, we know that his fall created his journey to his ultimate end.
The devil want to take as many people away from God and to destruction as he possibly can.
That is his only mission now.

Hill Top
Repent and Be Baptized in the Name of Jesus Christ Because of the Remission of Sins

Post by Hill Top »

TruthSeeker wrote:
Still pondering what happened those 3 days and 3 nights. Jesus was in such torment in the garden that he sweat drops of blood. I do not believe he feared physical death for he said in Luke 12:4 not to be afraid of those who kill the body and after that have nothing more they can do. And He certainly didn't fear going to paradise. He either was in such torment about taking the sin of the world upon Himself on the cross or going to the place of wicked spirits separated from his Father.[/b

As nothing biblical is written about it, all "pondering" would be purely speculative.
I think He did fear dying. And He still showed no fear of those who would cause His death.
He knew what was coming, and was a man with all the emotions we also have.

What makes you think Jesus would go to a place of wicked spirits?

luchnia
Shall Not He that Spared Not His Own Son Freely Give Us All Things?

Post by luchnia »

Hill Top wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 11:01 pm
TruthSeeker wrote:
Still pondering what happened those 3 days and 3 nights. Jesus was in such torment in the garden that he sweat drops of blood. I do not believe he feared physical death for he said in Luke 12:4 not to be afraid of those who kill the body and after that have nothing more they can do. And He certainly didn't fear going to paradise. He either was in such torment about taking the sin of the world upon Himself on the cross or going to the place of wicked spirits separated from his Father.[/b

As nothing biblical is written about it, all "pondering" would be purely speculative.
I think He did fear dying. And He still showed no fear of those who would cause His death.
He knew what was coming, and was a man with all the emotions we also have.

What makes you think Jesus would go to a place of wicked spirits?

It is my opinion that Jesus had no fear of anything, especially since He had the Spirit without measure or in fullness. There are many men today that do not fear dying and will run to the heart of battle to take out the enemy. We must realize Jesus could not die before the exact time it was slated to happen. This was paramount in the mission and He had to keep the evil one off track of what was going to happen as He was to put the evil one to open public shame. Also it was imperative that the evil one did not know what was to come.

I think Jesus was dealing with making sure He made it to death at the exact moment and nothing hindering that mission. Consider why He did not call legions of angels down and why He told Peter to put his sword back up and for Judas to do what he was to do quickly and many other things that clearly indicated that He must make His mission exactly as He had told them.

Word up!