Dake Bible Discussion BoardNon Christians

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
luchnia
God is Able to Make All Grace Abound Toward You; that Ye May Always Have All Sufficiency in All Things

Re: Non Christians

Post by luchnia » Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:05 pm

bibleman wrote:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:51 am
Anyone who listened to him 30 years ago and then listens to him now... can tell that his preaching against sin is very different today that it was then. So in my reference to preaching to the "world and calling them to repentance" I referred to (historic Swaggart). That would be a compliment to his "historic" preaching.
I figure age and all the other stuff that has happened to him has brought about the changes in his message. I do remember hearing him in days of old and seem to remember a strong message against sin.

I know age can certainly change a person. Sometimes I think age has caused my mind take a detour somewhere and got lost on the way back. :shocked!:

Word up!

bibleman
Administrator

Post by bibleman » Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:49 pm

luchnia wrote:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:05 pm
bibleman wrote:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:51 am
Anyone who listened to him 30 years ago and then listens to him now... can tell that his preaching against sin is very different today that it was then. So in my reference to preaching to the "world and calling them to repentance" I referred to (historic Swaggart). That would be a compliment to his "historic" preaching.
I figure age and all the other stuff that has happened to him has brought about the changes in his message. I do remember hearing him in days of old and seem to remember a strong message against sin.

I know age can certainly change a person. Sometimes I think age has caused my mind take a detour somewhere and got lost on the way back. :shocked!:
If you mind is on the detour on the way back... let me know if you run into my mind, or even half of it!

God bless
Leon Bible

http://www.ministryhelps.com
http://www.dakebible.com
http://www.dakebibleboard.com
https://www.facebook.com/groups/DakeBibleDiscussion/

The fault in Bible complications is not with God or the Bible, but with men who refuse to believe what God says and think we have to interpret what He says in order to get the meaning. Dake Bible -Mark 11:17 note

Hill Top
Behold, I Give You Power to Tread Over All the Power of the Enemy

Post by Hill Top » Wed Jan 30, 2019 2:32 pm

Spiritblade Disciple wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:44 pm
Hill Top wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:26 pm
The OT mixing of Jew and Gentile in marriage was a perfect example of the phenomenon you write of.
Sooner or later the Jew started to serve the Gentile gods.
The OT ban on mixing linen and woollen clothing was another example of commingling the Jews were prohibited from doing.
Purity, at any cost !
There's a saying that purity is power and that if there's a lack of power, there's probably a lack of purity.

What do you think? Do you think that's true?
I can't agree.
The devil has power, and isn't pure at all.

Spiritblade Disciple
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by Spiritblade Disciple » Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:29 pm

Hill Top wrote:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 2:32 pm
Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:44 pm
Hill Top wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:26 pm
The OT mixing of Jew and Gentile in marriage was a perfect example of the phenomenon you write of.
Sooner or later the Jew started to serve the Gentile gods.
The OT ban on mixing linen and woollen clothing was another example of commingling the Jews were prohibited from doing.
Purity, at any cost !
There's a saying that purity is power and that if there's a lack of power, there's probably a lack of purity.

What do you think? Do you think that's true?
I can't agree.
The devil has power, and isn't pure at all.
Good point.

Acts 10:42-43 King James Version
"And He commanded us to preach unto the people, and to testify that it is He which was ordained of God to be the Judge of Quick and Dead. To Him give all the Prophets witness, that through His Name WHOSEVER BELIEVETH IN HIM SHALL RECEIVE REMISSION OF SINS."

Grandfather
Knock and It Shall Be Opened Unto You

Post by Grandfather » Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:59 pm

macca wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:42 am
Where in the bible are told to tell the non Christians how to live their lives?
While this appears to be a simple question, I see it as rather complex or at least requiring some clarifications.

There is a time and a place to merely tolerate them (non-Christians) and live in peace.
There is a time and a place to confront them and warn them.
For example, Paul tells the believing wife to live with her husband in peace and that he will be won to the Lord. He does not say preach to them, or tell them how to live their life.
Yet, there are places Christians are told to warn those whose path leads to destruction.
And again we are told not to cast our pearls before swine.

In Proverbs 26:4 we read: Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest you be like him yourself.
But then
in Proverbs 26:5 we read: Answer a fool according to his folly, lest he be wise in his own eyes.

So, there are places where we are told to tell them, and places where we are told not to speak a word.

luchnia
God is Able to Make All Grace Abound Toward You; that Ye May Always Have All Sufficiency in All Things

Post by luchnia » Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:53 pm

Grandfather wrote:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:59 pm
macca wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:42 am
Where in the bible are told to tell the non Christians how to live their lives?
While this appears to be a simple question, I see it as rather complex or at least requiring some clarifications.

There is a time and a place to merely tolerate them (non-Christians) and live in peace.
There is a time and a place to confront them and warn them.
For example, Paul tells the believing wife to live with her husband in peace and that he will be won to the Lord. He does not say preach to them, or tell them how to live their life.
Yet, there are places Christians are told to warn those whose path leads to destruction.
And again we are told not to cast our pearls before swine.

In Proverbs 26:4 we read: Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest you be like him yourself.
But then
in Proverbs 26:5 we read: Answer a fool according to his folly, lest he be wise in his own eyes.

So, there are places where we are told to tell them, and places where we are told not to speak a word.
Yes, agreed. :angel: I think it is all about discernment and to me, that can be the most challenging part of it.

Word up!

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:11 am

I may have went a bit overboard on this. +CrazyEyes +CrazyEyes +wink
branham1965 wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:00 pm
We may not agree on some doctrine Roger ...but i know you personally and you played football with my bulldog Kimbo.
You are a fine Christian man :angel: :angel: and i respect you.You were the best moderator on here.I thank you for being my friend.

Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:47 pm
Sat Jan 26, 2019 12:47 pm

Basically, anyone known as one who commits death penalty sins who has not proven their repentance by their deeds ought to be refused.
Hill Top wrote:
Sun Jan 27, 2019 12:10 am
Any sin that one won't permanently quit committing is a "death penalty sin".
"For godly sorrow worketh repentance to salvation not to be repented of: but the sorrow of the world worketh death." (2 Cor 7:10)
Sun Jan 27, 2019 12:29 am
We could debate that, but the fact remains that it would be difficult to refuse admittance to church to those whom we do not know are committing grievous sins.
branham1965 wrote:
Sun Jan 27, 2019 4:52 pm
How would you have gotten saved if the Church did that to you???

JESUS CHRIST IS THE FRIEND OF SINNERS AND HE REBUKES THE PHARISEE AND SADUCEES OF YESTERDAY AND TODAY .
Sun Jan 27, 2019 8:24 pm

Are you saying that i was actively and unrepentantly committing death penalty sins when Jesus saved me? Seriously?
branham1965 wrote:
Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:36 pm
I am not trying to condemn you in any way.I just disagree with some of your views.
It is hard to discern that from the content of your posts.
Last edited by branham1965 on Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

branham1965

Post by branham1965 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:13 am

Yes we disagree on doctrine and on who we listen to as well.But it can be discussed in a friendly manner.

Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:43 pm
branham1965 wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:00 pm
We may not agree on some doctrine Roger ...but i know you personally and you played football with my bulldog Kimbo.
You are a fine Christian man :angel: :angel: and i respect you.You were the best moderator on here.I thank you for being my friend.
Yeah, we definitely disagree on some doctrine, but that doesn't mean we can't discuss it in a friendly manner.

luchnia

Post by luchnia » Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:22 am

Here are some thoughts. What about a homosexual preacher that preaches solid doctrine throughout except when it comes to living the homosexual lifestyle? That is the one place that he is tripped up and preaches that scripture is wrong in that area.

Do you tell him how to live, or that he is living a lie before God, or do you deem him a swine and is that casting pearls for swine to trod under foot?

Word up!

Hill Top
Behold, I Give You Power to Tread Over All the Power of the Enemy

Post by Hill Top » Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:22 pm

luchnia wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:22 am
Here are some thoughts. What about a homosexual preacher that preaches solid doctrine throughout except when it comes to living the homosexual lifestyle? That is the one place that he is tripped up and preaches that scripture is wrong in that area.

Do you tell him how to live, or that he is living a lie before God, or do you deem him a swine and is that casting pearls for swine to trod under foot?
I have been in that situation before and here is what I did.
I spoke to them, (two woman pastors), saying..."How do you get around the scriptures that speak against your doings?"
They replied with a twisting of scriptures, ending up condoning their illegal acts.
I left them with the other pigs that accommodated their repulsive policy.

BTW, corrupt pastors never stray from only one precept of God.
You will find out that they are in error on many biblical points.
"A little leaven..."