Dake Bible Discussion BoardNon Christians

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
luchnia
He that will Love Life, and See Good Days, Let Him Eschew Evil

Re: Should Iowa be banning abortions - I mean isn't this telling non-Christians how to live?

Post by luchnia » Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:14 pm

Spiritblade Disciple wrote:
Mon Jan 28, 2019 2:34 pm
bibleman wrote:
Mon Jan 28, 2019 1:47 pm
Should Iowa be banning abortions - I mean isn't this telling non-Christians how to live?
From what I have learned in th is thread, it seems that even expecting minimal standards of those that want to attend church is asking too much, let alone desiring better civil laws.
I think this is normal behavior too. Meetings today in the name of the Lord often are full of sinners and saints mingled together as one.

Word up!

Spiritblade Disciple
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Re: Non Christians

Post by Spiritblade Disciple » Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:47 pm

Sat Jan 26, 2019 12:47 pm

Basically, anyone known as one who commits death penalty sins who has not proven their repentance by their deeds ought to be refused.
Hill Top wrote:
Sun Jan 27, 2019 12:10 am
Any sin that one won't permanently quit committing is a "death penalty sin".
"For godly sorrow worketh repentance to salvation not to be repented of: but the sorrow of the world worketh death." (2 Cor 7:10)
Sun Jan 27, 2019 12:29 am
We could debate that, but the fact remains that it would be difficult to refuse admittance to church to those whom we do not know are committing grievous sins.
branham1965 wrote:
Sun Jan 27, 2019 4:52 pm
How would you have gotten saved if the Church did that to you???

JESUS CHRIST IS THE FRIEND OF SINNERS AND HE REBUKES THE PHARISEE AND SADUCEES OF YESTERDAY AND TODAY .
Sun Jan 27, 2019 8:24 pm

Are you saying that i was actively and unrepentantly committing death penalty sins when Jesus saved me? Seriously?
branham1965 wrote:
Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:36 pm
I am not trying to condemn you in any way.I just disagree with some of your views.
It is hard to discern that from the content of your posts.

SPIRITUAL SERVICE
I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service. — ROMANS 12:1

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 » Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:08 pm

I was simply refuting your :vamp: notion that the Church is closed to sinners .

Tell that to Rod Parsley or Rich Nathan and see what you get.
Last edited by branham1965 on Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hill Top
He Shall Baptize Thee with the Holy Ghost and Fire

Post by Hill Top » Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:24 pm

Mon Jan 28, 2019 6:00 pm
If I was actively unrepentantly sinning (regarding iniquity in my heart), I don't believe the Lord would have heard my cries.
Is there a difference between "sinning" and "regarding iniquity in my heart"?
Repentance from sin is a one time event.
If you "turn from" sin, it makes you an ex-sinner.

Thank God for the gift of repentance being offered to the Gentiles ! (Acts 11:18)

Hill Top
He Shall Baptize Thee with the Holy Ghost and Fire

Post by Hill Top » Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:29 pm

branham1965 wrote:
Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:08 pm
I am not questioning your faith or consecration.

I do not want to get on here and get into strife and bad blood etc.

I do not have any interest in that kind of mix now in my life.
That is how sinners take over churches.
They are never brought forth to give an account of themselves.
Scripture says..."Them that sin rebuke before all, that others also may fear." (1 Tim 5:20)

Spiritblade Disciple

Post by Spiritblade Disciple » Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:38 pm

Sat Jan 26, 2019 12:47 pm

Basically, anyone known as one who commits death penalty sins who has not proven their repentance by their deeds ought to be refused.
Hill Top wrote:
Sun Jan 27, 2019 12:10 am
Any sin that one won't permanently quit committing is a "death penalty sin".
"For godly sorrow worketh repentance to salvation not to be repented of: but the sorrow of the world worketh death." (2 Cor 7:10)
Sun Jan 27, 2019 12:29 am
We could debate that, but the fact remains that it would be difficult to refuse admittance to church to those whom we do not know are committing grievous sins.
branham1965 wrote:
Sun Jan 27, 2019 4:52 pm
How would you have gotten saved if the Church did that to you???

JESUS CHRIST IS THE FRIEND OF SINNERS AND HE REBUKES THE PHARISEE AND SADUCEES OF YESTERDAY AND TODAY .
Sun Jan 27, 2019 8:24 pm

Are you saying that i was actively and unrepentantly committing death penalty sins when Jesus saved me? Seriously?
branham1965 wrote:
I am not trying to condemn you in any way.I just disagree with some of your views.
Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:47 pm

It is hard to discern that from the content of your posts.
branham1965 wrote:
Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:43 pm
Really??I am the one condemning people on here??!!
Forget it.
Billy, do you agree that this is a gloriously wonderful truth?

"Jesus is angry with the wicked every day and He hates all workers of iniquity. He is the One holding the keys to Hell where untold multitudes that died in sin are tortured in His presence as He rejoices over their ongoing destruction. Those that refuse to truly repent may find themselves unable to repent, later. Others are already in in that state." And, that this is not in any way in conflict with this idea?

"The LORD is good to all: and His tender mercies are over all His works." Psalm 145:9 King James Version.

SPIRITUAL SERVICE
I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service. — ROMANS 12:1

Spiritblade Disciple

Post by Spiritblade Disciple » Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:45 pm

Hill Top wrote:
Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:24 pm
Mon Jan 28, 2019 6:00 pm
If I was actively unrepentantly sinning (regarding iniquity in my heart), I don't believe the Lord would have heard my cries.
Is there a difference between "sinning" and "regarding iniquity in my heart"?
Repentance from sin is a one time event.
If you "turn from" sin, it makes you an ex-sinner.

Thank God for the gift of repentance being offered to the Gentiles ! (Acts 11:18)
Not really much of a difference that I can think of, no.

And, yes, thank God for His unspeakable gift.

SPIRITUAL SERVICE

branham1965

Post by branham1965 » Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:55 pm

NO Roger i do not agree with any of that stuff.

Spiritblade Disciple

Post by Spiritblade Disciple » Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:07 am

branham1965 wrote:
Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:55 pm
NO Roger i do not agree with any of that stuff.
Thanks for the reply.

SPIRITUAL SERVICE

luchnia
He that will Love Life, and See Good Days, Let Him Eschew Evil

Post by luchnia » Tue Jan 29, 2019 7:48 am

branham1965 wrote:
Unbelievable. What next?? +punch
A lot of things in God's word is hard for some to believe. People simply toss out the scriptures they disagree with. This concept is nothing new.

Men mingle and mix that which is not to be mingled and mixed. They do it in for convenience for the most part. Paul and other saints fought this stuff and gave us many warnings about it. Why do men uphold a non-biblical standard.

Dake brought out holy and clean living in much of his teaching and he taught the saint was pure and holy and absolutely NO sin in him. See Bible Truths Unmasked about holiness.

Consider God's reasoning behind why a saint is not to fellowship with sinners? What are the dangers of sitting in a gathering with one in immorality? What do you do with all the scriptures that command you not associate with those in sin? Do you cast those away and disobey them?

There are many reasons why God's word did not teach to mingle evangelism and fellow-shipping of the saints together. If one would simply look at Jesus' example, it would be simple to understand. In today's world we have been so tainted by what men have done that our eyes are clouded to what God has taught on the matter.

Today's church has become one dirtied with schisms throughout. I remember not too many years ago a married woman was running with a married man and both sitting up in the church every week. She would sit with her husband as if nothing was happening without a word being said to her by anyone! Amazing at what darkness is allowed in today's so-called gatherings.

Even in evangelism a man must be extremely cautious. Jesus taught the disciples what to do when they went forth to evangelize. He told them what to do and how to hear and how to deal with those in sin and it wasn't pretty at times.

Word up!