Dake Bible Discussion BoardNon Christians

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
Hill Top
We Receive of Him, Because We Keep His Commandments

Re: Non Christians

Post by Hill Top » Sun Jan 27, 2019 11:33 pm

branham1965 wrote:
Sun Jan 27, 2019 4:52 pm
How would you have gotten saved if the Church did that to you???

JESUS CHRIST IS THE FRIEND OF SINNERS AND HE REBUKES THE PHARISEE AND SADUCEES OF YESTERDAY AND TODAY .
Wasn't that because the Pharisees and Sadducees were the sinners WHO WOULDN'T CHANGE?

Hill Top
We Receive of Him, Because We Keep His Commandments

Post by Hill Top » Sun Jan 27, 2019 11:35 pm

Spiritblade Disciple wrote:
Sun Jan 27, 2019 8:24 pm
Are you saying that i was actively and unrepentantly committing death penalty sins when Jesus saved me? Seriously?
Yes.
If you hadn't stopped doing the things that separated you from God, you would still be separated from God.

luchnia
As Thou Hast Believed, So Be It Done Unto Thee

Post by luchnia » Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:00 am

Ironman wrote:
Sun Jan 27, 2019 8:37 pm
Jesus Himself said, That the publicans and the harlots go into the kingdom of God before you.[/b]

Check all these Scriptures out;

Matthew 9:10 And it came to pass, as Jesus sat at meat in the house, behold, many publicans and sinners came and sat down with him and his disciples.

Matthew 9:11 And when the Pharisees saw it, they said unto his disciples, Why eateth your Master with publicans and sinners?

Mathewt 11:19 The Son of man came eating and drinking, and they say, Behold a man gluttonous, and a winebibber, a friend of publicans and sinners. But wisdom is justified of her children.

Matthew 21:31 Whether of them twain did the will of his father? They say unto him, The first. Jesus saith unto them, Verily I say unto you, That the publicans and the harlots go into the kingdom of God before you.

Matthew 21:32 For John came unto you in the way of righteousness, and ye believed him not: but the publicans and the harlots believed him: and ye, when ye had seen it, repented not afterward, that ye might believe him.

Mark 2:15 And it came to pass, that, as Jesus sat at meat in his house, many publicans and sinners sat also together with Jesus and his disciples: for there were many, and they followed him.

Mark 2:16 And when the scribes and Pharisees saw him eat with publicans and sinners, they said unto his disciples, How is it that he eateth and drinketh with publicans and sinners?

Luke 19:10, For the Son of man is come to seek and to save that which was lost.
I fully agree with those verses and they enforce my premise. He evangelized sinners, not once did He fellowship or condone darkness, nor does His Body the Church. Men have made His Body mingled with darkness today and will turn to their shame. Such "gathering" of today of darkness and light should turn a saints stomach and sear their hearts.

Can you share some text where Jesus would gather with the Pharisees and Sadducees and sing hymns and worship God? Those would be very helpful in understanding your point of view of where the saints and sinners are to "hang out" together in worship in the Body.

Word up!

luchnia

Post by luchnia » Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:06 am

branham1965 wrote:

JESUS CHRIST IS THE FRIEND OF SINNERS AND HE REBUKES THE PHARISEE AND SADUCEES OF YESTERDAY AND TODAY .
Interesting statement. So that would mean that He spoke impending doom on His friends, right? If your statement is accurate then the Pharisee and Saducees were His friends and He doomed them? Why did He not fellowship and congregate with them in worship to God?

Word up!

luchnia

Post by luchnia » Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:08 am

Hill Top wrote:
Sun Jan 27, 2019 11:33 pm
branham1965 wrote:
How would you have gotten saved if the Church did that to you???

Wasn't that because the Pharisees and Sadducees were the sinners WHO WOULDN'T CHANGE?
:angel: Excellent point and bears some reasoning, doesn't it?

Word up!

bibleman
Administrator

Should Iowa be banning abortions - I mean isn't this telling non-Christians how to live?

Post by bibleman » Mon Jan 28, 2019 1:47 pm

Should Iowa be banning abortions - I mean isn't this telling non-Christians how to live?
Iowa Gov. Kim Reynolds signed one of the country's most restrictive abortion bills into law on Friday.

The so-called "heartbeat" legislation bans abortions once a fetal heartbeat has been detected, at about six weeks of pregnancy. Exceptions are made in cases of rape, incest or medical emergency.

Republican state lawmakers worked late into the night this week to push the measure forward. During Tuesday's debate in the Statehouse, Rep. Sandy Salmon said, "A baby has become something we can throw away. This bill says it's time to change the way we think about unborn life."

The bill passed the state House on Tuesday and the state Senate early Wednesday. Then it landed on Reynolds' desk.

"I understand that not everyone will agree with this decision," Reynolds said in a written statement. "But if death is determined when a heart stops beating, then doesn't a beating heart indicate life? For me, it is immoral to stop an innocent beating heart."

The legislation drew firm Republican support. Iowa Sen. Joni Ernst tweeted, "Glad to see Iowa leading the way and standing up for the most vulnerable in our society, the unborn. Thank you @IAGovernor for taking this important step forward in protecting life."

No Democrats voted for the bill. "This unconstitutional bill is nothing but a thinly veiled attack on Iowa women's most basic rights and freedoms — every woman deserves the fundamental right to make decisions about her own body with her doctor," Democratic National Committee women's media director Elizabeth Renda said in a written statement.

"The likelihood that an individual can miss her period, get a pregnancy test, then make an appointment to see an abortion provider, take time off of work if she's working, find child care for her other children, get in to get her abortion and have all of that done prior to a six-week time period is absolutely unrealistic and unreasonable," said Dr. Jamila Perritt, a fellow with Physicians for Reproductive Health, which advocates for contraception and abortion rights.

Justices Appear Skeptical Of Calif. Law Challenged By Anti-Abortion Centers

Perritt said the law is simply designed to limit access to abortion. "The reality is that it's justice by geography. Abortion is legal in this country."

At a rally on Friday at the Iowa State Capitol, Suzanna de Baca, president and CEO of Planned Parenthood of the Heartland, said the organization would file a lawsuit against the governor if she signed the bill. The organization tweeted, "We will fight like hell with everything we have."

The American Civil Liberties Union also announced plans to sue with the Planned Parenthood Action Fund.

Reynolds knew that her signature would be incendiary. "I understand and anticipate that this will likely be challenged in court and that courts may even put a hold on the law until it reaches the Supreme Court," she said in the statement. "However, this is bigger than just a law. This is about life. I am not going to back down from who I am or what I believe in."

According to Planned Parenthood, the law will not go into effect until July 1, "and that is only if the courts don't intervene first."

God bless
Leon Bible

http://www.ministryhelps.com
http://www.dakebible.com
http://www.dakebibleboard.com
https://www.facebook.com/groups/DakeBibleDiscussion/

The fault in Bible complications is not with God or the Bible, but with men who refuse to believe what God says and think we have to interpret what He says in order to get the meaning. Dake Bible -Mark 11:17 note

Spiritblade Disciple
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Re: Should Iowa be banning abortions - I mean isn't this telling non-Christians how to live?

Post by Spiritblade Disciple » Mon Jan 28, 2019 2:34 pm

bibleman wrote:
Mon Jan 28, 2019 1:47 pm
From what I have learned in th is thread, it seems that even expecting minimal standards of those that want to attend church is asking too much, let alone desiring better civil laws.
Last edited by Spiritblade Disciple on Mon Jan 28, 2019 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

2 Thessalonians 2:10b-12 King James Version
... because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved... GOD SHALL SEND THEM STRONG DELUSION, that they should believe a lie: THAT THEY ALL MIGHT BE DAMNED who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Re: Should Iowa be banning abortions - I mean isn't this telling non-Christians how to live?

Post by branham1965 » Mon Jan 28, 2019 2:35 pm

That is great news.
bibleman wrote:
Mon Jan 28, 2019 1:47 pm
Iowa Gov. Kim Reynolds signed one of the country's most restrictive abortion bills into law on Friday.

The so-called "heartbeat" legislation bans abortions once a fetal heartbeat has been detected, at about six weeks of pregnancy. Exceptions are made in cases of rape, incest or medical emergency.

Republican state lawmakers worked late into the night this week to push the measure forward. During Tuesday's debate in the Statehouse, Rep. Sandy Salmon said, "A baby has become something we can throw away. This bill says it's time to change the way we think about unborn life."

The bill passed the state House on Tuesday and the state Senate early Wednesday. Then it landed on Reynolds' desk.

"I understand that not everyone will agree with this decision," Reynolds said in a written statement. "But if death is determined when a heart stops beating, then doesn't a beating heart indicate life? For me, it is immoral to stop an innocent beating heart."

The legislation drew firm Republican support. Iowa Sen. Joni Ernst tweeted, "Glad to see Iowa leading the way and standing up for the most vulnerable in our society, the unborn. Thank you @IAGovernor for taking this important step forward in protecting life."

No Democrats voted for the bill. "This unconstitutional bill is nothing but a thinly veiled attack on Iowa women's most basic rights and freedoms — every woman deserves the fundamental right to make decisions about her own body with her doctor," Democratic National Committee women's media director Elizabeth Renda said in a written statement.

"The likelihood that an individual can miss her period, get a pregnancy test, then make an appointment to see an abortion provider, take time off of work if she's working, find child care for her other children, get in to get her abortion and have all of that done prior to a six-week time period is absolutely unrealistic and unreasonable," said Dr. Jamila Perritt, a fellow with Physicians for Reproductive Health, which advocates for contraception and abortion rights.

Justices Appear Skeptical Of Calif. Law Challenged By Anti-Abortion Centers

Perritt said the law is simply designed to limit access to abortion. "The reality is that it's justice by geography. Abortion is legal in this country."

At a rally on Friday at the Iowa State Capitol, Suzanna de Baca, president and CEO of Planned Parenthood of the Heartland, said the organization would file a lawsuit against the governor if she signed the bill. The organization tweeted, "We will fight like hell with everything we have."

The American Civil Liberties Union also announced plans to sue with the Planned Parenthood Action Fund.

Reynolds knew that her signature would be incendiary. "I understand and anticipate that this will likely be challenged in court and that courts may even put a hold on the law until it reaches the Supreme Court," she said in the statement. "However, this is bigger than just a law. This is about life. I am not going to back down from who I am or what I believe in."

According to Planned Parenthood, the law will not go into effect until July 1, "and that is only if the courts don't intervene first."

Spiritblade Disciple

Post by Spiritblade Disciple » Mon Jan 28, 2019 5:58 pm

Hill Top wrote:
Sun Jan 27, 2019 11:30 pm
Sun Jan 27, 2019 12:29 am
We could debate that, but the fact remains that it would be difficult to refuse admittance to church to those whom we do not know are committing grievous sins.
I have found that sinners don't like to hang around with the obedient for very long.
They change or leave of their own accord .
Very true.

... because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved... GOD SHALL SEND THEM STRONG DELUSION, that they should believe a lie: THAT THEY ALL MIGHT BE DAMNED who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

Spiritblade Disciple

Post by Spiritblade Disciple » Mon Jan 28, 2019 6:00 pm

Hill Top wrote:
Sun Jan 27, 2019 11:35 pm
Sun Jan 27, 2019 8:24 pm
Are you saying that i was actively and unrepentantly committing death penalty sins when Jesus saved me? Seriously?
Yes.
If you hadn't stopped doing the things that separated you from God, you would still be separated from God.
If I was actively unrepentantly sinning (regarding iniquity in my heart), I don't believe the Lord would have heard my cries.