Dake Bible Discussion BoardNon Christians

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Re: Non Christians

Post by branham1965 » Thu Jan 24, 2019 2:23 am

Thank you macca my friend. I appreciate that so very much.
macca wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:25 pm
You are on the ball Billy.
Nowhere in the N T are we told to tell non - Christians how to live.
We are told to preach the good news to all people where ever they are found.
The Holy Spirit will direct their lives after they have accepted Jesus as their Lord and saviour
With being baptized in the Holy Spirit and the word of God in a good Spirit filled Church as a secure home.
The change comes instantly from the inside and can be seen by their changed conduct in their lives.
The non-Christian cannot produce this change because their changed conduct comes from the outside for they are not a new creation in Christ Jesus.

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 » Thu Jan 24, 2019 2:45 am

The beautiful invitation song Almost Persuaded was written from Acts 24.

" Almost persuaded now to believe,
Almost persuaded Christ to receive
seems now some soul to say
go Spirit go Thy way
some more convenient day
on Thee i'll call :arrow:

Spiritblade Disciple wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:06 pm
Acts 24:24‭-‬25 King James Version

RIGHTEOUSNESS, TEMPERANCE, & THE JUDGMENT TO COME

And after certain days, when Felix came with his wife Drusilla, which was a Jewess, he sent for Paul, and heard him concerning the faith in Christ.

And as he reasoned of
● Righteousness,
● Temperance,
● and Judgment To Come,

Felix trembled, and answered, "Go thy way for this time; when I have a convenient season, I will call for thee."
I like how Paul gave Felix the Good News and how in left Felix shaking in his boots (so-to-speak).

Is this the reaction folks get when you give them the Good News?

luchnia
What Things Soever Ye Desire, When Ye Pray, Believe that Ye Receive, and Ye Shall Have

Post by luchnia » Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:47 am

macca wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:25 pm
You are on the ball Billy.
Nowhere in the N T are we told to tell non - Christians how to live.
We are told to preach the good news to all people where ever they are found.
The Holy Spirit will direct their lives after they have accepted Jesus as their Lord and saviour
With being baptized in the Holy Spirit and the word of God in a good Spirit filled Church as a secure home.
The change comes instantly from the inside and can be seen by their changed conduct in their lives.
The non-Christian cannot produce this change because their changed conduct comes from the outside for they are not a new creation in Christ Jesus.
From my understand of the good news, I approach this from different angle.

Part of the good news is bad news for many. Warning of eternal torments is not to be taught as a fairy tale, but to be preached from truth. Stephen and Paul preached the good news and it was really bad news for some of their listeners. Stephen got stoned for his words. One must discern what needs to be spoken to the hearer as was the case with these men.

Over the years I have learned that some men need to be hit by a boulder, while a feather would do the job for others. It is my observation that discernment and understanding is greatly lacking in today's evangelism circles.

Word up!

macca
Dake VIP Member
Dake VIP Member

Post by macca » Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:01 am

Billy is the only one to understand my question.
:shocked!: :shocked!: :shocked!:
I will ponder why!

bibleman
Administrator

Post by bibleman » Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:52 am

macca wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:01 am
I will ponder why!
OK my friend Macca a question.

You are preaching on the streets.

You encounter a group of homosexuals who are abusing children sexually while forcing the children to smoke dope getting them high so there is not so much resistance.

As for as the preaching you do - Do you you?
1) warn them of their sin and plead with them to change their lives and no longer abuse themselves and the children OR
2) just tell them that Jesus loves them and came to save them?

God bless
Leon Bible

http://www.ministryhelps.com
http://www.dakebible.com
http://www.dakebibleboard.com
https://www.facebook.com/groups/DakeBibleDiscussion/

The fault in Bible complications is not with God or the Bible, but with men who refuse to believe what God says and think we have to interpret what He says in order to get the meaning. Dake Bible -Mark 11:17 note

luchnia
What Things Soever Ye Desire, When Ye Pray, Believe that Ye Receive, and Ye Shall Have

Post by luchnia » Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:40 pm

branham1965 wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 2:45 am

go Spirit go Thy way
some more convenient day
That is really sad, isn't it? Makes me think of being "almost saved" which is just as disheartening. Not sure what that has to do with Acts 24 though, where Felix was trying to get rid of Paul.

Word up!

luchnia

Post by luchnia » Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:48 pm

bibleman wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:52 am
macca wrote:
I will ponder why!

You encounter a group of homosexuals who are abusing children sexually while forcing the children to smoke dope getting them high so there is not so much resistance.

1) warn them of their sin and plead with them to change their lives and no longer abuse themselves and the children OR
Evangelizing takes all forms, doesn't it? You made me think of those that evangelize in countries where they might get beheaded. Living in the USA, I cannot imagine what that must be like. I knew a guy that used to pull these troubled kids out from under bridges and such and preach to them. Some of the kids he preached to had raped, murdered, drugs, and so on.

This preacher was a tough dude though and he could tell some amazing real-life stories. I never forget the storie about one muscle-bound teen that was gonna whoop him bad and he said the guys veins popped up in his neck and his face got red while he was preaching to him. In a short while the man broke down to tears and got saved. The Word of God will break the hardest of people!

Word up!

branham1965

Post by branham1965 » Thu Jan 24, 2019 1:26 pm

Oops.
I meant Acts 26:28 "Almost thou persuadest me to be a Christian." Thanks luchnia.

luchnia wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:40 pm
branham1965 wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 2:45 am

go Spirit go Thy way
some more convenient day
That is really sad, isn't it? Makes me think of being "almost saved" which is just as disheartening. Not sure what that has to do with Acts 24 though, where Felix was trying to get rid of Paul.

branham1965

Post by branham1965 » Thu Jan 24, 2019 2:06 pm

What if one encountered a group of Hell's Angels raising the Hades on a street corner??

Or a group of Nation of Islam men handing out their news paper?

Or some drug dealing thugs on a corner??

bibleman wrote:
macca wrote:
I will ponder why!

Last edited by branham1965 on Thu Jan 24, 2019 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

branham1965

Post by branham1965 » Thu Jan 24, 2019 2:25 pm

That is awesome. :angel:
luchnia wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:48 pm
bibleman wrote:
macca wrote:
I will ponder why!

Evangelizing takes all forms, doesn't it? You made me think of those that evangelize in countries where they might get beheaded. Living in the USA, I cannot imagine what that must be like. I knew a guy that used to pull these troubled kids out from under bridges and such and preach to them. Some of the kids he preached to had raped, murdered, drugs, and so on.

This preacher was a tough dude though and he could tell some amazing real-life stories. I never forget the storie about one muscle-bound teen that was gonna whoop him bad and he said the guys veins popped up in his neck and his face got red while he was preaching to him. In a short while the man broke down to tears and got saved. The Word of God will break the hardest of people!