Dake Bible Discussion BoardKnow You're New (FFD:01/03)

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
Spiritblade Disciple
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Know You're New (FFD:01/03)

Post by Spiritblade Disciple » Sun Jan 20, 2019 1:15 pm

Kenneth E. Hagin wrote:KNOW YOU’RE NEW

Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new. — 2 CORINTHIANS 5:17

Today’s text is one of my favorite scriptures. I got ahold of it while I was still a bedfast teenager. And when I came off that bed healed, I told everyone I met, “I am a new creature!”

Meditate on this verse today, because if you do not understand the truth of what the New Birth is, it will hinder your faith and will keep you from receiving the blessings God intends you to have.

The spiritual nature of man, you see, is a fallen nature — a satanic nature. Man received this satanic nature from Satan when Adam sinned. And no man can change his own human nature. But God can!

When you were born again, something went on inside you — instantaneously! That old, satanic nature went out of you. And the very life and nature of God came into you! God created you as a brand-new creature — a new creation. The man on the inside — the real you, which is a spirit man — has already become a new man in Christ.

So don’t look at yourself from the physical or the natural standpoint. Look at yourself from the spiritual standpoint. See yourself as a new creature in Christ. That’s how God sees you!

Confession:
I am a new creature. Old things inside me passed away. All things inside me became new. I have a new life. I have a new nature. I have the life of God!

— Hagin, Kenneth E. Faith Food Devotions. Faith Library Publications. Kindle Edition.

SPIRITUAL SERVICE
I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service. — ROMANS 12:1

Spiritblade Disciple
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Re: Know You're New (FFD:01/03)

Post by Spiritblade Disciple » Sun Jan 20, 2019 1:22 pm

Thoughts?
Questions?
Comments?

SPIRITUAL SERVICE
I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service. — ROMANS 12:1

branham1965

Post by branham1965 » Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:29 pm

I love everything and anything that Dad Hagin ever preached,taught or wrote.

He was really special.

Spiritblade Disciple

Post by Spiritblade Disciple » Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:12 pm

I like how he clearly spells out his beliefs in this devotional concerning the true default nature of man due to what Adam did in the Garden. And, that Jesus is the remedy.

SPIRITUAL SERVICE

Hill Top
He Shall Baptize Thee with the Holy Ghost and Fire

Post by Hill Top » Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:50 pm

Spiritblade Disciple wrote:
Sun Jan 20, 2019 1:15 pm
Kenneth E. Hagin wrote:KNOW YOU’RE NEW

Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new. — 2 CORINTHIANS 5:17

Today’s text is one of my favorite scriptures. I got ahold of it while I was still a bedfast teenager. And when I came off that bed healed, I told everyone I met, “I am a new creature!”

Meditate on this verse today, because if you do not understand the truth of what the New Birth is, it will hinder your faith and will keep you from receiving the blessings God intends you to have.

The spiritual nature of man, you see, is a fallen nature — a satanic nature. Man received this satanic nature from Satan when Adam sinned. And no man can change his own human nature. But God can!

When you were born again, something went on inside you — instantaneously! That old, satanic nature went out of you. And the very life and nature of God came into you! God created you as a brand-new creature — a new creation. The man on the inside — the real you, which is a spirit man — has already become a new man in Christ.

So don’t look at yourself from the physical or the natural standpoint. Look at yourself from the spiritual standpoint. See yourself as a new creature in Christ. That’s how God sees you!

Confession:
I am a new creature. Old things inside me passed away. All things inside me became new. I have a new life. I have a new nature. I have the life of God!

— Hagin, Kenneth E. Faith Food Devotions. Faith Library Publications. Kindle Edition.
I sure am glad that I was "raised with Christ", so I too could "walk in newness of life".