Dake Bible Discussion BoardProof positive that God can move about, come and go

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
luchnia
Shall Not He that Spared Not His Own Son Freely Give Us All Things?

Re: Proof positive that God can move about, come and go

Post by luchnia »

Ironman wrote:
Sun Jan 20, 2019 2:55 pm
Hill Top wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:13 pm
luchnia wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:55 am

Yep, most think of God the Father as a mist of some sort and appears in all types of baroque forms, yet believe that Jesus was born in a manger and has a body.
.... Interesting that Jesus told them what the Father looks like.
Where is that?
John 14:9 Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?
:angel: Hey Philip, I look and act like my dad.

Word up!

frenchie
Wrestle Against Principalities

Post by frenchie »

Ironman wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:10 pm
They made us in their image and likeness so it stands to reason they look like us, or better still, we look like them. The Word now Jesus, now has a glorified flesh and bone body, the Father and Holy Ghost have spirit bodies.
Hi! Mr. Ironman
Notes For Verse 44
a [spiritual body] Greek: pneumatikos (GSN-<G4152>), note, Rom. 7:14. By this is meant the body will become of immortal substance. It has no reference to becoming immaterial, intangible, and without flesh and bones, for our resurrected bodies will still be flesh and bone, though not flesh and blood. See Lk. 24:39; Php. 3:21. Spirit bodies are as real as can be, but of a higher substance than natural bodies. God and angels have spirit bodies, and yet they are real tangible and materialized bodies, as proved by hundreds of passages describing them and many personal acts (note, Jn. 4:24).

Dake's Annotated Reference Bible: Containing the Old and New Testaments of the Authorized or King James Version Text.

Does'nt our glorified bodies at resurection be '' spiritual bodies ''

luchnia

Post by luchnia »

frenchie wrote:
Sun Jan 27, 2019 7:16 pm
Ironman wrote:
They made us in their image and likeness so it stands to reason they look like us, or better still, we look like them. The Word now Jesus, now has a glorified flesh and bone body, the Father and Holy Ghost have spirit bodies.
Hi! Mr. Ironman
Notes For Verse 44
a [spiritual body] Greek: pneumatikos (GSN-<G4152>), note, Rom. 7:14. By this is meant the body will become of immortal substance. It has no reference to becoming immaterial, intangible, and without flesh and bones, for our resurrected bodies will still be flesh and bone, though not flesh and blood. See Lk. 24:39; Php. 3:21. Spirit bodies are as real as can be, but of a higher substance than natural bodies. God and angels have spirit bodies, and yet they are real tangible and materialized bodies, as proved by hundreds of passages describing them and many personal acts (note, Jn. 4:24).

Dake's Annotated Reference Bible: Containing the Old and New Testaments of the Authorized or King James Version Text.

:angel:

Word up!

Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Post by Ironman »

luchnia wrote:
Sun Jan 27, 2019 7:48 pm
frenchie wrote:
Ironman wrote:
Hi! Mr. Ironman
Notes For Verse 44

:angel:

"Does'nt our glorified bodies at resurection be '' spiritual bodies ''"

No we will have glorified flesh and bone bodies as Jesus now has.

Luke 24:36-39, V, And as they thus spake, Jesus himself stood in the midst of them, and saith unto them, Peace be unto you.
V.37, But they were terrified and affrighted, and supposed that they had seen a spirit.
V. 38, And he said unto them, Why are ye troubled? and why do thoughts arise in your hearts?
V. Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have.

The bodies we will be given will be like what God had originally made us to be, rather than what we now abide in through the infirmity and weakness of our sinful flesh. We will be glorified with Christ, and that glory will extend to the bodies we will inhabit.

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

frenchie
Wrestle Against Principalities

Post by frenchie »

I think that the body you're talking about is for the natural people who did'nt go through resurection.
As for us we will be like angels who have spirit bodies.
That's my understanding correct me if need be

luchnia

Post by luchnia »

frenchie wrote:
Ironman wrote:
Hi! Mr. Ironman
Notes For Verse 44

In my opinion, we will be like Jesus. I like to call it spiritual flesh. You could think of it as Jesus melding flesh and spirit showing us the type of body we will have. It is a spiritual body housed in flesh much like we are now but with a different substance than blood.

Word up!

Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Post by Ironman »

1 Cor. 15: 53, For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.

A glorified resurrected body is not subject to natural laws.

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

Grandfather
Pray for Them which Despitefully Persecute You

Post by Grandfather »

bibleman wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:34 pm
1 Samuel 3:10 And the LORD came, and stood, and called as at other times, Samuel, Samuel. Then Samuel answered, Speak; for thy servant heareth.
When you say "God can move" you need a little more clarification. Are you speaking of the Father, the Son, or Holy Spirit?

The passage you cite could have been an appearance any person of the Trinity and is most like a Christophany.

bibleman
Administrator

Post by bibleman »

Grandfather wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 2:24 pm
bibleman wrote:
1 Samuel 3:10 And the LORD came, and stood, and called as at other times, Samuel, Samuel. Then Samuel answered, Speak; for thy servant heareth.
When you say "God can move" you need a little more clarification. Are you speaking of the Father, the Son, or Holy Spirit?

The passage you cite could have been an appearance any person of the Trinity and is most like a Christophany.
All members of the Trinity are equal so what does it matter which member of the Trinity you are speaking of?

God bless
Leon Bible

http://www.ministryhelps.com
http://www.dakebible.com
http://www.dakebibleboard.com
https://www.facebook.com/groups/DakeBibleDiscussion/

The fault in Bible complications is not with God or the Bible, but with men who refuse to believe what God says and think we have to interpret what He says in order to get the meaning. Dake Bible -Mark 11:17 note

Grandfather
Pray for Them which Despitefully Persecute You

Post by Grandfather »

bibleman wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 2:49 pm
Grandfather wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 2:24 pm
bibleman wrote:

All members of the Trinity are equal so what does it matter which member of the Trinity you are speaking of?
Who is making a point that it does matter? Not me, I was simply giving some additional information. Do you disagree with this being a likely Christophany?