Dake Bible Discussion BoardFor those who think Dake believed in Tri-theism

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
Post Reply
User avatar
luchnia
He that will Love Life, and See Good Days, Let Him Eschew Evil
Posts: 1380
Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:01 am

Re: For those who think Dake believed in Tri-theism

Post by luchnia » Fri Jan 25, 2019 7:19 am

Hill Top wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:00 pm
You seem to have successfully refuted John 4:24.
Of course, I don't believe you have, but have shown that God can do anything that is needful...like using water as the blood of Christ at baptism is Jesus' name for the remission of sins.
If He needs a chair/throne for the impactful writer of Revelations...make a throne.
If He needs a way to manifest Himself in that throne...make a being that is "like a jasper and a sardine stone:"
It is clear, God cannot be completely defined.
These "manifestations" that you imply reads sort of like fairy tale and magic tricks. If a writer needs a throne, make one. If God needs a way to manifest Himself, He can make whatever it takes and follow no standards. When God manifest a throne and sits on it, is that a real throne or a made up one, or maybe yet an illusion from God? In other words, is that imaginative for the person reading about or seeing the event take place?

Interesting concept you teach and will definitely keep the believer in the dark about the Godhead as well as many other biblical concepts. The believer would never know which is real and which is not real. Based on this, one would question Jesus existence as well and all the miraculous things He did during His earthly life.

He may have simply been an imaginative manifestation appendage from God and not a real child born by the Holy Spirit, of a virgin, and placed in a manger. He could not have had a body and looked like His Father. Sadly He told people otherwise, but Jesus may have well been confused about who He was and is to this day.

Was Jesus death and resurrection real or some manifestation of God because Scripture does say that God raised Him? And to think believing in Him being raised from the dead is a saint's core belief structure. Now we simply cannot define any of it.


Word up!

Hill Top
He Shall Baptize Thee with the Holy Ghost and Fire
Posts: 752
Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:29 pm

Re: For those who think Dake believed in Tri-theism

Post by Hill Top » Fri Jan 25, 2019 1:54 pm

Ironman wrote:
Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:18 am

You are wrong again. Your not off in the ditch, you have drowned in the bog.

God is a Spirit being, not the sun, moon, stars; nor an image of wood, stone, or metal; and not a beast or man. He is not air, wind, universal mind, love or some impersonal quality.
God is a person with a personal spirit body, a personal soul, and a personal spirit, like that of angels, and like that of man except His body is of spiritual substance instead of flesh and bones (Job 13:8; Hebrews 1:3).
As our God is all powerful, and can manifest Himself in any form He chooses, it isn't beyond reason that He has on occasion shown Himself is a bodily form.
When He showed Himself to Moses and the seventy elders, in Ex:24, is a good example.
You are correct to write that He has no "flesh and bones", (though, if He desired to, He could manifest Himself as a man).
So what does a God with no flesh and bones need a throne for?
So we can perceive see Him in an authoritarian position worthy of our obedience.



Hill Top
He Shall Baptize Thee with the Holy Ghost and Fire
Posts: 752
Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:29 pm

Re: For those who think Dake believed in Tri-theism

Post by Hill Top » Fri Jan 25, 2019 2:05 pm

luchnia wrote:
Fri Jan 25, 2019 7:19 am
Hill Top wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:00 pm
You seem to have successfully refuted John 4:24.
Of course, I don't believe you have, but have shown that God can do anything that is needful...like using water as the blood of Christ at baptism is Jesus' name for the remission of sins.
If He needs a chair/throne for the impactful writer of Revelations...make a throne.
If He needs a way to manifest Himself in that throne...make a being that is "like a jasper and a sardine stone:"
It is clear, God cannot be completely defined.
These "manifestations" that you imply reads sort of like fairy tale and magic tricks. If a writer needs a throne, make one. If God needs a way to manifest Himself, He can make whatever it takes and follow no standards. When God manifest a throne and sits on it, is that a real throne or a made up one, or maybe yet an illusion from God? In other words, is that imaginative for the person reading about or seeing the event take place?
The "manifestations" were taken directly from scripture.
No "implications" were necessary.
Interesting concept you teach and will definitely keep the believer in the dark about the Godhead as well as many other biblical concepts. The believer would never know which is real and which is not real. Based on this, one would question Jesus existence as well and all the miraculous things He did during His earthly life.
Thankfully, I used what is written in the bible to get my points across.
Those in the dark have chosen that state so they can continue in rebellion to God.
He may have simply been an imaginative manifestation appendage from God and not a real child born by the Holy Spirit, of a virgin, and placed in a manger. He could not have had a body and looked like His Father. Sadly He told people otherwise, but Jesus may have well been confused about who He was and is to this day.
Did you get that from the bible?
Then you must have also seen where I got my "manifestations".
Was Jesus death and resurrection real or some manifestation of God because Scripture does say that God raised Him? And to think believing in Him being raised from the dead is a saint's core belief structure. Now we simply cannot define any of it.
You are really good at raising false scenarios whereby others can resist Godliness.



User avatar
Ironman
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous
Posts: 3004
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:29 pm
Location: Australia

Re: For those who think Dake believed in Tri-theism

Post by Ironman » Fri Jan 25, 2019 4:00 pm

Hill Top wrote,
"Those in the dark have chosen that state so they can continue in rebellion to God."
.

Isn't denying the Holy Ghost is God and He has no body rebelling against God and His Word?

Were talking about the Holy Ghost here, not Casper the friendly ghost?


Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

User avatar
branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous
Posts: 6309
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:18 am

Re: For those who think Dake believed in Tri-theism

Post by branham1965 » Fri Jan 25, 2019 4:19 pm

Haz,

I agree with you 100% mate.

Ironman wrote:
Fri Jan 25, 2019 4:00 pm
Hill Top wrote,
"Those in the dark have chosen that state so they can continue in rebellion to God."
.

Isn't denying the Holy Ghost is God and He has no body rebelling against God and His Word?

Were talking about the Holy Ghost here, not Casper the friendly ghost?



User avatar
branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous
Posts: 6309
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:18 am

Re: For those who think Dake believed in Tri-theism

Post by branham1965 » Fri Jan 25, 2019 4:41 pm

Hill Top,

The fundamental Doctrine of the Protestant Reformation was JUSTIFICATION BY FAITH.
Ephesians 2:8-9





Hill Top wrote:
Fri Jan 25, 2019 2:05 pm
luchnia wrote:
Fri Jan 25, 2019 7:19 am
Hill Top wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:00 pm
You seem to have successfully refuted John 4:24.
Of course, I don't believe you have, but have shown that God can do anything that is needful...like using water as the blood of Christ at baptism is Jesus' name for the remission of sins.
If He needs a chair/throne for the impactful writer of Revelations...make a throne.
If He needs a way to manifest Himself in that throne...make a being that is "like a jasper and a sardine stone:"
It is clear, God cannot be completely defined.
These "manifestations" that you imply reads sort of like fairy tale and magic tricks. If a writer needs a throne, make one. If God needs a way to manifest Himself, He can make whatever it takes and follow no standards. When God manifest a throne and sits on it, is that a real throne or a made up one, or maybe yet an illusion from God? In other words, is that imaginative for the person reading about or seeing the event take place?
The "manifestations" were taken directly from scripture.
No "implications" were necessary.
Interesting concept you teach and will definitely keep the believer in the dark about the Godhead as well as many other biblical concepts. The believer would never know which is real and which is not real. Based on this, one would question Jesus existence as well and all the miraculous things He did during His earthly life.
Thankfully, I used what is written in the bible to get my points across.
Those in the dark have chosen that state so they can continue in rebellion to God.
He may have simply been an imaginative manifestation appendage from God and not a real child born by the Holy Spirit, of a virgin, and placed in a manger. He could not have had a body and looked like His Father. Sadly He told people otherwise, but Jesus may have well been confused about who He was and is to this day.
Did you get that from the bible?
Then you must have also seen where I got my "manifestations".
Was Jesus death and resurrection real or some manifestation of God because Scripture does say that God raised Him? And to think believing in Him being raised from the dead is a saint's core belief structure. Now we simply cannot define any of it.
You are really good at raising false scenarios whereby others can resist Godliness.



User avatar
branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous
Posts: 6309
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:18 am

Re: For those who think Dake believed in Tri-theism

Post by branham1965 » Fri Jan 25, 2019 4:48 pm

I am saying i think that this discussion has went full circle.

It is pointless.
Hill Top wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:58 pm
branham1965 wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 2:22 pm
I am not sure what to post on this.Oh i could post things...

Seems there is a stale mate here. Sighs.
What/who is this addressed to?



User avatar
Spiritblade Disciple
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous
Posts: 4745
Joined: Sat Aug 07, 2004 6:27 pm

Re: For those who think Dake believed in Tri-theism

Post by Spiritblade Disciple » Fri Jan 25, 2019 5:59 pm

Hill Top wrote:
Fri Jan 25, 2019 2:05 pm
luchnia wrote:
Fri Jan 25, 2019 7:19 am
Hill Top wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:00 pm
You seem to have successfully refuted John 4:24.
Of course, I don't believe you have, but have shown that God can do anything that is needful...like using water as the blood of Christ at baptism is Jesus' name for the remission of sins.
If He needs a chair/throne for the impactful writer of Revelations...make a throne.
If He needs a way to manifest Himself in that throne...make a being that is "like a jasper and a sardine stone:"
It is clear, God cannot be completely defined.
These "manifestations" that you imply reads sort of like fairy tale and magic tricks. If a writer needs a throne, make one. If God needs a way to manifest Himself, He can make whatever it takes and follow no standards. When God manifest a throne and sits on it, is that a real throne or a made up one, or maybe yet an illusion from God? In other words, is that imaginative for the person reading about or seeing the event take place?
The "manifestations" were taken directly from scripture.
No "implications" were necessary.
Interesting concept you teach and will definitely keep the believer in the dark about the Godhead as well as many other biblical concepts. The believer would never know which is real and which is not real. Based on this, one would question Jesus existence as well and all the miraculous things He did during His earthly life.
Thankfully, I used what is written in the bible to get my points across.
Those in the dark have chosen that state so they can continue in rebellion to God.
He may have simply been an imaginative manifestation appendage from God and not a real child born by the Holy Spirit, of a virgin, and placed in a manger. He could not have had a body and looked like His Father. Sadly He told people otherwise, but Jesus may have well been confused about who He was and is to this day.
Did you get that from the bible?
Then you must have also seen where I got my "manifestations".
Was Jesus death and resurrection real or some manifestation of God because Scripture does say that God raised Him? And to think believing in Him being raised from the dead is a saint's core belief structure. Now we simply cannot define any of it.
You are really good at raising false scenarios whereby others can resist Godliness.
branham1965 wrote:
Fri Jan 25, 2019 4:41 pm
Hill Top,

The fundamental Doctrine of the Protestant Reformation was JUSTIFICATION BY FAITH.
Ephesians 2:8-9
They were big on Infant Baptism, too.


SPIRITUAL SERVICE
I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service. — ROMANS 12:1

Hill Top
He Shall Baptize Thee with the Holy Ghost and Fire
Posts: 752
Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:29 pm

Re: For those who think Dake believed in Tri-theism

Post by Hill Top » Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:47 pm

Ironman wrote:
Fri Jan 25, 2019 4:00 pm
Hill Top wrote,
"Those in the dark have chosen that state so they can continue in rebellion to God."
.
Isn't denying the Holy Ghost is God and He has no body rebelling against God and His Word?
Show me one scripture that says the Holy Ghost is God.
Or one scripture that says the Holy Ghost has a body.



Hill Top
He Shall Baptize Thee with the Holy Ghost and Fire
Posts: 752
Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:29 pm

Re: For those who think Dake believed in Tri-theism

Post by Hill Top » Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:51 pm

branham1965 wrote:
Fri Jan 25, 2019 4:41 pm
Hill Top,

The fundamental Doctrine of the Protestant Reformation was JUSTIFICATION BY FAITH.
Ephesians 2:8-9
Unfortunately, their "faith" did not include obedience to God.
They are as corrupt as what they sought to escape.



Post Reply