Dake Bible Discussion BoardFor those who think Dake believed in Tri-theism

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
Post Reply
User avatar
branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous
Posts: 6392
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:18 am

Re: For those who think Dake believed in Tri-theism

Post by branham1965 » Thu Jan 24, 2019 2:50 am

:angel: :angel: Thanks Haz. :smilecolros:
Ironman wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:06 pm
Ironman wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:04 pm
Thanks Macca.

We know the Holy Spirit is here now and He will also remain on Earth during the tribulation. The Holy Spirit will be here during the tribulation, (Acts. 2:16-21; John 14:16; Zech. 12:10).


For you Hill top.
The Bible also teaches a first and second coming of God the Father to the Earth? In Dan. 7:18-22 we have the fact that the Ancient of Days was coming to destroy the Antichrist. The Ancient of Days and the Son of man are two different persons, as proven in Dan. 7:9-14. If the Ancient of Days is not the Son of man, then He must be the Father. If He is the Father, then the Father is coming to the Earth when Christ comes. This is also proven in Zech. 14:5; Titus 2:11-13. We call this the first coming of the Father to the Earth to fulfil a mission. The Second Coming of the Father is at the end of the Millennium when the New Jerusalem, the capital city of God, comes from Heaven to the Earth to be among men forever, as stated in Rev. 21:1-21. This is the second time the Father is pictured in Scripture as coming to the Earth to fulfil a mission. This time He will be forever among men; and this planet, Earth, will be the site of His capital forever.

The Holy Spirit here now, the Father and Son return to destroy the Antichrist, that's three separate and distinct beings Hill top.



User avatar
luchnia
As Thou Hast Believed, So Be It Done Unto Thee
Posts: 1519
Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:01 am

Re: For those who think Dake believed in Tri-theism

Post by luchnia » Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:02 am

Hill Top wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:21 pm
As you have chosen to ignore the scriptures I post, I see no reason to involve myself with your use of scripture to prove your religion.
You baptize without baptism and serve more than one God.
You said once that you don't commit sin.
If your way actually does allow you to not commit sin, I can't argue against it.
But I seriously doubt it does.
I have not chosen to ignore any scriptures, so that is an incorrect assessment on your part. I study all scriptures and have for many years now and I am extremely familiar with all the verses you have posted concerning the various subjects.

Pertaining to this subject of the Godhead, consider what the word "God" means in context every where it is used while you are studying. Also, look at all the verses relating to where two or more of the Godhead are together and how they are addressed and how they address each other.

Some think you reject the truth, are prideful, and rebellious. I don't hold that view about you and hope that is not the case, but what I do hold is that you have not gone deep enough into God's word to understand some things. To some degree we all fit in that same boat and we grow as we learn.

Understanding for most of us is not an overnight thing and some things come faster than others. You can know the deep things of God as they have been freely given to you as one of His.


Word up!

Hill Top
We Receive of Him, Because We Keep His Commandments
Posts: 928
Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:29 pm

Re: For those who think Dake believed in Tri-theism

Post by Hill Top » Thu Jan 24, 2019 2:01 pm

Ironman wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:56 pm
“Pride, willfulness, and rebellion against what "is written" are the causes of the Bible being hard to understand. The hard part, then, is not understanding with the mind, but being willing to obey what he does not want to obey. If a person could not understand the truth, he could not reject it.”
— Finis Jennings Dake.
“There is no excuse for anyone to misunderstand God's Word if he will, like a child, accept the Bible for what it says, and be honest enough to consecrate himself to obey it. He must accept the Bible as God's Word. He must believe that God could not be honest if He sought to hide from man the very things He will judge him by in the end. He must accept the Bible as the final Court of Appeal on its own subjects, and forget man's interpretations and distortion of the Word. He must believe that God knows what He is talking about; that He knows how to express Himself in human language; that He said what He meant, and meant what He said; and that what He says on a subject is more important than what any man may say about it.”
— Finis Jennings Dake
Amen to that.
You wrote: "A spirit has no body".
It wouldn't be a spirit if it had a body.
...and, "The Father and the Son will eventually be made one again."
Just paraphrasing the God inspired scripture I posted.
If the Father, a Spirit being, has no body, then explain to us how He sits on His throne.
Rev. 3: 21, To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in His throne.
Without a directly pertinent scripture to answer your good question, I can only surmise that the throne is FOR Jesus.
I did find this..."But I say unto you, Swear not at all; neither by heaven; for it is God's throne:" (Matt 5:34)
If all of heaven "is God's throne", why would He need a "chair", unless it was for a "bodied" Jesus?



Hill Top
We Receive of Him, Because We Keep His Commandments
Posts: 928
Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:29 pm

Re: For those who think Dake believed in Tri-theism

Post by Hill Top » Thu Jan 24, 2019 2:04 pm

Spiritblade Disciple wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:00 pm
Hill Top wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:50 pm
A spirit has no body.
I'm guessing that you don't believe that the Holy Ghost has a body, either?
"Ghost", "body": if it had a body it wouldn't be a ghost.
Have you any scriptures where the Holy Ghost is manifested "with a body"?



Hill Top
We Receive of Him, Because We Keep His Commandments
Posts: 928
Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:29 pm

Re: For those who think Dake believed in Tri-theism

Post by Hill Top » Thu Jan 24, 2019 2:12 pm

luchnia wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:02 am
Hill Top wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:21 pm
As you have chosen to ignore the scriptures I post, I see no reason to involve myself with your use of scripture to prove your religion.
You baptize without baptism and serve more than one God.
You said once that you don't commit sin.
If your way actually does allow you to not commit sin, I can't argue against it.
But I seriously doubt it does.
I have not chosen to ignore any scriptures, so that is an incorrect assessment on your part. I study all scriptures and have for many years now and I am extremely familiar with all the verses you have posted concerning the various subjects.

Pertaining to this subject of the Godhead, consider what the word "God" means in context every where it is used while you are studying. Also, look at all the verses relating to where two or more of the Godhead are together and how they are addressed and how they address each other.

Some think you reject the truth, are prideful, and rebellious. I don't hold that view about you and hope that is not the case, but what I do hold is that you have not gone deep enough into God's word to understand some things. To some degree we all fit in that same boat and we grow as we learn.

Understanding for most of us is not an overnight thing and some things come faster than others. You can know the deep things of God as they have been freely given to you as one of His.
Riddle me this...
It is written..."And went away again beyond Jordan into the place where John at first baptized; and there he abode." (John 10:40)
Was that baptism "in water"?
If you say "yes", aren't you "adding to scripture"?
You used this argument to delete water from the baptism spoken of in Romans 6 ...much to your loss.



User avatar
branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous
Posts: 6392
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:18 am

Re: For those who think Dake believed in Tri-theism

Post by branham1965 » Thu Jan 24, 2019 2:22 pm

I am not sure what to post on this.Oh i could post things...

Seems there is a stale mate here. Sighs. +ummm
Last edited by branham1965 on Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.



User avatar
Ironman
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous
Posts: 3016
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:29 pm
Location: Australia

Re: For those who think Dake believed in Tri-theism

Post by Ironman » Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:05 pm

Hill Top wrote,
"It wouldn't be a spirit if it had a body."
.


Angles are spirit beings also. Explain this Scripture please.

Heb 13:2, Be not forgetful to entertain strangers: for thereby some have entertained angels unawares.
Last edited by Ironman on Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.


Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

User avatar
branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous
Posts: 6392
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:18 am

Re: For those who think Dake believed in Tri-theism

Post by branham1965 » Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:15 pm

Hill Top,

Please define spirit.



User avatar
Ironman
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous
Posts: 3016
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:29 pm
Location: Australia

Re: For those who think Dake believed in Tri-theism

Post by Ironman » Thu Jan 24, 2019 4:29 pm

Hill Top says God the Father does not have a throne, or sits on a literal throne.

God does not sit on a throne according to Hill Top who apparently does not have these Scriptures in his Bible.

Rev 4:2, "And immediately I was in the spirit: and, behold, a throne was set in heaven, and one sat on the throne."

Rev 4:3, And he that sat was to look upon like a jasper and a sardine stone: and there was a rainbow round about the throne, in sight like unto an emerald.

Rev 4:4, And round about the throne were four and twenty seats: and upon the seats I saw four and twenty elders sitting, clothed in white raiment; and they had on their heads crowns of gold.

Rev 4:5, And out of the throne proceeded lightnings and thunderings and voices: and there were seven lamps of fire burning before the throne, which are the seven Spirits of God.

Rev 4:6, And before the throne there was a sea of glass like unto crystal: and in the midst of the throne, and round about the throne, were four beasts full of eyes before and behind.

Rev 4:9, And when those beasts give glory and honour and thanks to him that sat on the throne who liveth for ever and ever,

Rev 4:10, The four and twenty elders fall down before Him that sat on the throne, and worship him that liveth for ever and ever, and cast their crowns before the throne, saying,

Rev 5:1, And I saw in the RIGHT HAND OF HIM that sat on the throne a book written within and on the backside, sealed with seven seals.

Rev 5:6, And I beheld, and, lo, in the midst of the throne and of the four beasts, and in the midst of the elders, stood a Lamb as it had been slain, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God sent forth into all the earth.

Rev 5:7, And he came and took the book out of the right hand of the right hand of Him that sat upon the throne.

Rev 5:11, And I beheld, and I heard the voice of many angels round about the throne and the beasts and the elders: and the number of them was ten thousand times ten thousand, and thousands of thousands;

Rev 5:13, And every creature which is in heaven, and on the earth, and under the earth, and such as are in the sea, and all that are in them, heard I saying, Blessing, and honour, and glory, and power, be unto Him that sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb for ever and ever.

Rev 6:16, And said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the FACE of Him that sitteth on the throne and from the wrath of the Lamb:

Rev 7:9, After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands;

Rev 7:10, And cried with a loud voice, saying, Salvation to our God which sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb.

Rev 7:11, And all the angels stood round about the throne, and about the elders and the four beasts, and fell before the throne on their faces, and worshipped God,

Rev 7:15, Therefore are they before the throne of God, and serve him day and night in his temple: AND HE THAT SITTETH ON THE THRONE shall dwell among them.

How many more Scriptures do you need to get the point that God has a throne and God must have a body to sit on His throne?


Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

User avatar
Spiritblade Disciple
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous
Posts: 4919
Joined: Sat Aug 07, 2004 6:27 pm

Re: For those who think Dake believed in Tri-theism

Post by Spiritblade Disciple » Thu Jan 24, 2019 4:35 pm

Hill Top wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 2:04 pm
Spiritblade Disciple wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:00 pm
Hill Top wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:50 pm
A spirit has no body.
I'm guessing that you don't believe that the Holy Ghost has a body, either?
"Ghost", "body": if it had a body it wouldn't be a ghost.
Have you any scriptures where the Holy Ghost is manifested "with a body"?
Yes.


2 Thessalonians 2:10b-12 King James Version
... because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved... GOD SHALL SEND THEM STRONG DELUSION, that they should believe a lie: THAT THEY ALL MIGHT BE DAMNED who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

Post Reply