Dake Bible Discussion BoardFor those who think Dake believed in Tri-theism

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
Hill Top
Behold, I Give You Power to Tread Over All the Power of the Enemy

Re: For those who think Dake believed in Tri-theism

Post by Hill Top » Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:55 pm

branham1965 wrote:
Fri Jan 25, 2019 4:48 pm
I am saying i think that this discussion has went full circle.
It is pointless.
Perhaps full circle, but not pointless.
We have all evaluated an aspect of the Godhead that I'm sure few other groups would approach.
Though we have disagreements, we all continue to grow in grace and knowledge.

Spiritblade Disciple
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by Spiritblade Disciple » Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:38 pm

branham1965 wrote:
It is pointless.
Hill Top wrote:
Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:55 pm
We have all evaluated an aspect of the Godhead that I'm sure few other groups would approach.

Well said, Hill Top. +highfive

Acts 10:42-43 King James Version
"And He commanded us to preach unto the people, and to testify that it is He which was ordained of God to be the Judge of Quick and Dead. To Him give all the Prophets witness, that through His Name WHOSEVER BELIEVETH IN HIM SHALL RECEIVE REMISSION OF SINS."

Ironman
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by Ironman » Sat Jan 26, 2019 12:25 am

Spiritblade Disciple wrote:
Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:38 pm
branham1965 wrote:
It is pointless.
Hill Top wrote:

People who deny the Holy Ghost is God and that He has no body, and is nothing more than a manifestation after being shown many Scriptures proving the Holy Spirit is Gd, a member of the Godhead, and that He has a spirit body, is not growing in grace and knowledge at all. They are in denial.

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

Spiritblade Disciple

Post by Spiritblade Disciple » Sat Jan 26, 2019 12:42 am

Ironman wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 12:25 am
branham1965 wrote:
It is pointless.
Hill Top wrote:

People who deny the Holy Ghost is God and that He has no body, and is nothing more than a manifestation after being shown many Scriptures proving the Holy Spirit is Gd, a member of the Godhead, and that He has a spirit body, is not growing in grace and knowledge at all. They are in denial.
Dake's view of the Trinity isn't the common view. That the Holy Ghost has a body isn't taught by the majority of denominations and preachers. Denying that the Holy Ghost is God seems very rare to me. And, though I don't agree with that assertion, I can see how someone might see the Holy Ghost as a manifestation of the One God.

I remember being quite jarred in one service a couple of years ago on a Sunday night when the preacher said that the Holy Ghost was walking the aisles and I thought that if He really was walking the aisles in that church at that very moment that He wasn't bodily anywhere else. It was a jarring thought.

"And He commanded us to preach unto the people, and to testify that it is He which was ordained of God to be the Judge of Quick and Dead. To Him give all the Prophets witness, that through His Name WHOSEVER BELIEVETH IN HIM SHALL RECEIVE REMISSION OF SINS."

branham1965

Post by branham1965 » Sat Jan 26, 2019 2:22 am

I agree with Ironman from Australia 100% on the Divine Trinity.

Phil,
I do appreciate you gracious comment though.
Hill Top wrote:
branham1965 wrote:
It is pointless.
Last edited by branham1965 on Sat Jan 26, 2019 2:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

branham1965

Post by branham1965 » Sat Jan 26, 2019 2:36 am

I posted a long post but got sick of hearing/reading my stuff.

:morning: :morning:
Ironman wrote:
branham1965 wrote:
It is pointless.
Hill Top wrote:

luchnia
God is Able to Make All Grace Abound Toward You; that Ye May Always Have All Sufficiency in All Things

Post by luchnia » Sat Jan 26, 2019 8:09 am

branham1965 wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 2:36 am
I posted a long post but got sick of hearing/reading my stuff.

:morning: :morning:
Ironman wrote:
branham1965 wrote:
It is pointless.
Hill Top wrote:

:mrgreen: That got a chuckle out of me! We do the best we can and hope that others understand what we mean, yet sometimes it can be a challenge. :angel:

Word up!

Hill Top
Behold, I Give You Power to Tread Over All the Power of the Enemy

Post by Hill Top » Sun Jan 27, 2019 12:01 am

Ironman wrote:
The Holy Ghost is God.
Not another God than Father.
The same God.
Tonight I was at Burger King having a double cheese burger and reading the Gospel of John.
I was reading the interaction of Jesus and Philip when Phil asked Jesus to "show us the Father".
Jesus responded..."Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Show us the Father?"
Jesus and the Father were one, just as Father and the Holy Ghost are one.
They may be in differing places, but are still one being.

There is one God.
It is the Father.
It is Jesus Christ.
It is the Holy Ghost.

Spiritblade Disciple

Post by Spiritblade Disciple » Sun Jan 27, 2019 12:26 am

Hill Top wrote:
Sun Jan 27, 2019 12:01 am
The Holy Ghost is God.
There is one God.
It is the Father.
It is Jesus Christ.
It is the Holy Ghost.
This seems like a change in your position since earlier in this thread when you were claiming that the Holy Ghost was "an appendage of God" and "an it" and not wanting to call Him a He.

luchnia
God is Able to Make All Grace Abound Toward You; that Ye May Always Have All Sufficiency in All Things

Post by luchnia » Sun Jan 27, 2019 7:07 am

Sun Jan 27, 2019 12:26 am
Hill Top wrote:
Sun Jan 27, 2019 12:01 am
The Holy Ghost is God.
There is one God.
It is the Father.
It is Jesus Christ.
It is the Holy Ghost.
This seems like a change in your position since earlier in this thread when you were claiming that the Holy Ghost was "an appendage of God" and "an it" and not wanting to call Him a He.
Yes, but he has moved from appendages to one being bringing even greater problems in understanding.

He has stated that Jesus, the Holy Spirit, and The Father are the same being thus produces the implication that Jesus is His own Father and Jesus even gave birth to Himself.

This belief would also make Jesus a ventriloquist in a number of places in the Bible when a voice spoke from heaven from the Father to the person on earth that was Jesus and even called Himself His own son.

Another problem with the "one being" belief would mean that the Father and the Spirit also were killed and crucified and rose again unless that was another magic trick like ventriloquism.

Word up!