Dake Bible Discussion BoardFor those who think Dake believed in Tri-theism

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
Hill Top
Repent and Be Baptized in the Name of Jesus Christ Because of the Remission of Sins

Re: For those who think Dake believed in Tri-theism

Post by Hill Top »

branham1965 wrote:
Fri Jan 25, 2019 4:48 pm
I am saying i think that this discussion has went full circle.
It is pointless.
Perhaps full circle, but not pointless.
We have all evaluated an aspect of the Godhead that I'm sure few other groups would approach.
Though we have disagreements, we all continue to grow in grace and knowledge.

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 »

I agree with Ironman from Australia 100% on the Divine Trinity.

Phil,
I do appreciate you gracious comment though.
Hill Top wrote:
Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:55 pm
branham1965 wrote:
Fri Jan 25, 2019 4:48 pm
I am saying i think that this discussion has went full circle.
It is pointless.
Perhaps full circle, but not pointless.
We have all evaluated an aspect of the Godhead that I'm sure few other groups would approach.
Though we have disagreements, we all continue to grow in grace and knowledge.
Last edited by branham1965 on Sat Jan 26, 2019 2:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hill Top
Repent and Be Baptized in the Name of Jesus Christ Because of the Remission of Sins

Post by Hill Top »

Ironman wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 12:25 am
People who deny the Holy Ghost is God and that He has no body, and is nothing more than a manifestation after being shown many Scriptures proving the Holy Spirit is Gd, a member of the Godhead, and that He has a spirit body, is not growing in grace and knowledge at all. They are in denial.
The Holy Ghost is God.
Not another God than Father.
The same God.
Tonight I was at Burger King having a double cheese burger and reading the Gospel of John.
I was reading the interaction of Jesus and Philip when Phil asked Jesus to "show us the Father".
Jesus responded..."Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Show us the Father?"
Jesus and the Father were one, just as Father and the Holy Ghost are one.
They may be in differing places, but are still one being.

There is one God.
It is the Father.
It is Jesus Christ.
It is the Holy Ghost.

Hill Top

Post by Hill Top »

luchnia wrote:
Sun Jan 27, 2019 7:07 am

Yes, but he has moved from appendages to one being bringing even greater problems in understanding.
He has stated that Jesus, the Holy Spirit, and The Father are the same being thus produces the implication that Jesus is His own Father and Jesus even gave birth to Himself.
It is written..."In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." (John 1:1)
Is that easier to understand than what I wrote?
This belief would also make Jesus a ventriloquist in a number of places in the Bible when a voice spoke from heaven from the Father to the person on earth that was Jesus and even called Himself His own son.
When the Word was manifested as Jesus, He gave up some of His powers of Godliness.
All knowledge, for instance.
Another problem with the "one being" belief would mean that the Father and the Spirit also were killed and crucified and rose again unless that was another magic trick like ventriloquism.
I can see the dilemma.
But one manifestation of the Father can have separate experiences than the others.
Jesus needed food. Does that mean the Holy Ghost needed food?
No.
The Word, God, was manifested in the flesh so He could partake in all the things associated with life on earth. He had to endure all the things that seem to direct or influence our lives: like hunger, thirst, cold, temptation, pain, tiredness...and death.
Plus there was that adherence to the Law thing.
But He also experienced family, synagogue, mercy, joy, and all the things that come from obedience to His Father.
Without all those things, He wouldn't have been capable of understanding what being of "dust" entails.
I just love Him more every day!