Dake Bible Discussion BoardFor those who think Dake believed in Tri-theism

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
Hill Top
Repent and Be Baptized in the Name of Jesus Christ Because of the Remission of Sins

Re: For those who think Dake believed in Tri-theism

Post by Hill Top »

luchnia wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:59 am
Ironman wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:25 am
I'll tell you up front, denying the Holy Spirit is a separate member of the Godhead, and is God, calling HIM a manifestation of the Father is blaspheming the Holy GhostHimself. I gave the scripture earlier which you seem to have ignored. Sadly there is no forgiveness for blaspheming the Holy Ghost.
In my opinion, this would not be blasphemy, but simple ignorance on his part. He would have to know the Holy Spirit in order to blaspheme against Him and since he is ignorant about who and what the Holy Spirit is, it would not equate to blasphemy. That is simply my opinion though and nothing more.

I do find it interesting why he does not research all the scriptures he has been given by you, me, and many others pertaining to the things he is in error about - the Godhead, Holy Spirit, water baptism, etc. After giving him many scriptures and realizing he is not going to research them, I chose to not give any more concerning the subjects we have already covered.

There is a chosen blindness and refusal of understanding. Why ignore all the scriptures and not put them to sound study to find out about God? Only an openness to God's enlightenment will change what a man sees within his heart.
As you have chosen to ignore the scriptures I post, I see no reason to involve myself with your use of scripture to prove your religion.
You baptize without baptism and serve more than one God.
You said once that you don't commit sin.
If your way actually does allow you to not commit sin, I can't argue against it.
But I seriously doubt it does.

Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Post by Ironman »

Hill Top wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:11 pm
Ironman wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:25 am
Who are the three manifestations of one God?

John 1:1, In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
2, The same was in the beginning with God.
3, All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

John 1: 14, And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

The Father remained in Heaven while the Word, now Jesus was on the Earth. 18 times Jesus prayed while on the Earth, "My Father in Heaven. Jesus knew where the Father was, and the Father knew where Jesus was. Two beings in two bodies in two selperate places at the same time. When Jesus returned to the Father after His resurrection, He and the Father sent the Holy Spirit to the Earth. Two beings in Heaven, the Father, the Word who became flesh, now Jesus are in Heaven, and the Holy Spirit, sent by the Father and Jesus is now on the Earth.

One, plus One, Plus, One makes three in anyones language. The manifestation is in your head, put there by our adversary.

Matthew 12:V. 32, And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: BUT WHOSOEVER SPEAKETH AGAINST THE HOLY GHOST, IT SHALL NOT BE FORGIVEN HIM, NEITHER IN THIS WORLD, NEITHER IN THE WORLD TO COME.

I'll tell you up front, denying the Holy Spirit is a separate member of the Godhead, and is God, calling HIM a manifestation of the Father is blaspheming the Holy GhostHimself. I gave the scripture earlier which you seem to have ignored. Sadly there is no forgiveness for blaspheming the Holy Ghost.
I'm not going to argue the definition of blasphemy with you. but consider your accusation wrong.
I have never credited the devil with a work of God.
If you feel that you need to worship the Comforter...go right ahead.
Worshiping one "strand" of a "rope" seems like a redundancy to me.
You wrote that Jesus and the Holy Ghost are manifestations of the Father. Thats denying their actual bodily existence. Only our adversary would promote such a thing. . . . . . Blasphemy!

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

Hill Top
Repent and Be Baptized in the Name of Jesus Christ Because of the Remission of Sins

Post by Hill Top »

Ironman wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:28 pm
You wrote that Jesus and the Holy Ghost are manifestations of the Father. Thats denying their actual bodily existence. Only our adversary would promote such a thing. . . . . . Blasphemy!
If they didn't "exist", they wouldn't be manifestations of God.
A spirit has no body.
Jesus was the Word, and while He was the Word was God.
He lowered Himself to be made a man, losing some of the attributes of being God.

Now, there is one God, the Father, and one Lord, Jesus Christ.
It is written..."For he hath put all things under his feet. But when he saith all things are put under him, it is manifest that he is excepted, which did put all things under him.
And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all." (1 Corinthians 15:27-28)
The Father and the Son will eventually be made one again.

Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Post by Ironman »

Hill Top wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:50 pm
Ironman wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:28 pm
If they didn't "exist", they wouldn't be manifestations of God.
A spirit has no body.
Jesus was the Word, and while He was the Word was God.
He lowered Himself to be made a man, losing some of the attributes of being God.

Now, there is one God, the Father, and one Lord, Jesus Christ.
It is written..."For he hath put all things under his feet. But when he saith all things are put under him, it is manifest that he is excepted, which did put all things under him.
And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all." (1 Corinthians 15:27-28)
The Father and the Son will eventually be made one again.
“Pride, willfulness, and rebellion against what "is written" are the causes of the Bible being hard to understand. The hard part, then, is not understanding with the mind, but being willing to obey what he does not want to obey. If a person could not understand the truth, he could not reject it.”
— Finis Jennings Dake.

“There is no excuse for anyone to misunderstand God's Word if he will, like a child, accept the Bible for what it says, and be honest enough to consecrate himself to obey it. He must accept the Bible as God's Word. He must believe that God could not be honest if He sought to hide from man the very things He will judge him by in the end. He must accept the Bible as the final Court of Appeal on its own subjects, and forget man's interpretations and distortion of the Word. He must believe that God knows what He is talking about; that He knows how to express Himself in human language; that He said what He meant, and meant what He said; and that what He says on a subject is more important than what any man may say about it.”
— Finis Jennings Dake

You wrote: "A spirit has no body".

And, "The Father and the Son will eventually be made one again."

If the Father, a Spirit being, has no body, then explain to us how He sits on His throne.

Rev. 3: 21, To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in His throne.

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 »

:angel: :angel: Thanks Haz. :smilecolros:
Ironman wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:06 pm
Ironman wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:04 pm
Thanks Macca.

We know the Holy Spirit is here now and He will also remain on Earth during the tribulation. The Holy Spirit will be here during the tribulation, (Acts. 2:16-21; John 14:16; Zech. 12:10).

For you Hill top.
The Bible also teaches a first and second coming of God the Father to the Earth? In Dan. 7:18-22 we have the fact that the Ancient of Days was coming to destroy the Antichrist. The Ancient of Days and the Son of man are two different persons, as proven in Dan. 7:9-14. If the Ancient of Days is not the Son of man, then He must be the Father. If He is the Father, then the Father is coming to the Earth when Christ comes. This is also proven in Zech. 14:5; Titus 2:11-13. We call this the first coming of the Father to the Earth to fulfil a mission. The Second Coming of the Father is at the end of the Millennium when the New Jerusalem, the capital city of God, comes from Heaven to the Earth to be among men forever, as stated in Rev. 21:1-21. This is the second time the Father is pictured in Scripture as coming to the Earth to fulfil a mission. This time He will be forever among men; and this planet, Earth, will be the site of His capital forever.

The Holy Spirit here now, the Father and Son return to destroy the Antichrist, that's three separate and distinct beings Hill top.

luchnia
Shall Not He that Spared Not His Own Son Freely Give Us All Things?

Post by luchnia »

Hill Top wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:21 pm
As you have chosen to ignore the scriptures I post, I see no reason to involve myself with your use of scripture to prove your religion.
If your way actually does allow you to not commit sin, I can't argue against it.
I have not chosen to ignore any scriptures, so that is an incorrect assessment on your part. I study all scriptures and have for many years now and I am extremely familiar with all the verses you have posted concerning the various subjects.

Pertaining to this subject of the Godhead, consider what the word "God" means in context every where it is used while you are studying. Also, look at all the verses relating to where two or more of the Godhead are together and how they are addressed and how they address each other.

Some think you reject the truth, are prideful, and rebellious. I don't hold that view about you and hope that is not the case, but what I do hold is that you have not gone deep enough into God's word to understand some things. To some degree we all fit in that same boat and we grow as we learn.

Understanding for most of us is not an overnight thing and some things come faster than others. You can know the deep things of God as they have been freely given to you as one of His.

Word up!

Hill Top

Post by Hill Top »

Ironman wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:56 pm
“Pride, willfulness, and rebellion against what "is written" are the causes of the Bible being hard to understand. The hard part, then, is not understanding with the mind, but being willing to obey what he does not want to obey. If a person could not understand the truth, he could not reject it.”
— Finis Jennings Dake.
“There is no excuse for anyone to misunderstand God's Word if he will, like a child, accept the Bible for what it says, and be honest enough to consecrate himself to obey it. He must accept the Bible as God's Word. He must believe that God could not be honest if He sought to hide from man the very things He will judge him by in the end. He must accept the Bible as the final Court of Appeal on its own subjects, and forget man's interpretations and distortion of the Word. He must believe that God knows what He is talking about; that He knows how to express Himself in human language; that He said what He meant, and meant what He said; and that what He says on a subject is more important than what any man may say about it.”
— Finis Jennings Dake
Amen to that.
You wrote: "A spirit has no body".
It wouldn't be a spirit if it had a body.
...and, "The Father and the Son will eventually be made one again."
Just paraphrasing the God inspired scripture I posted.
If the Father, a Spirit being, has no body, then explain to us how He sits on His throne.
Rev. 3: 21, To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in His throne.
Without a directly pertinent scripture to answer your good question, I can only surmise that the throne is FOR Jesus.
I did find this..."But I say unto you, Swear not at all; neither by heaven; for it is God's throne:" (Matt 5:34)
If all of heaven "is God's throne", why would He need a "chair", unless it was for a "bodied" Jesus?

Hill Top

Post by Hill Top »

luchnia wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:02 am
Hill Top wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:21 pm
I have not chosen to ignore any scriptures, so that is an incorrect assessment on your part. I study all scriptures and have for many years now and I am extremely familiar with all the verses you have posted concerning the various subjects.

Pertaining to this subject of the Godhead, consider what the word "God" means in context every where it is used while you are studying. Also, look at all the verses relating to where two or more of the Godhead are together and how they are addressed and how they address each other.

Some think you reject the truth, are prideful, and rebellious. I don't hold that view about you and hope that is not the case, but what I do hold is that you have not gone deep enough into God's word to understand some things. To some degree we all fit in that same boat and we grow as we learn.

Understanding for most of us is not an overnight thing and some things come faster than others. You can know the deep things of God as they have been freely given to you as one of His.
Riddle me this...
It is written..."And went away again beyond Jordan into the place where John at first baptized; and there he abode." (John 10:40)
Was that baptism "in water"?
If you say "yes", aren't you "adding to scripture"?
You used this argument to delete water from the baptism spoken of in Romans 6 ...much to your loss.

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 »

I am not sure what to post on this.Oh i could post things...

Seems there is a stale mate here. Sighs. +ummm
Last edited by branham1965 on Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ironman

Post by Ironman »

Hill Top wrote,
"It wouldn't be a spirit if it had a body."

Angles are spirit beings also. Explain this Scripture please.

Heb 13:2, Be not forgetful to entertain strangers: for thereby some have entertained angels unawares.
Last edited by Ironman on Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.