Dake Bible Discussion BoardFor those who think Dake believed in Tri-theism

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Re: For those who think Dake believed in Tri-theism

Post by Ironman »

Gen. 1:26, And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness:

Who but God the Father, God the Son, God the Holy Ghost could make man in THEIR IMAGE, AFTER THEIR LIKENESS?

US, US, US, more than one.

Gen. 11:7, Go to, let us go down, and there confound their language, that they may not understand one another's speech.

Who is the Father speaking to when He said, LET US?

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

macca
Tarry Until Ye Be Endued With Power From On High

Post by macca »

Good post Haz.
Gen.19:24; Then the Lord ( yahweh. ..adonai) rained brimstone and fire on Sodom and Gomorrah, from the Lord (yahweh. ...adonai) out of the heavens.

Hill Top
Repent and Be Baptized in the Name of Jesus Christ Because of the Remission of Sins

Post by Hill Top »

luchnia wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:30 am
Hill Top wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:56 pm
branham1965 wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:23 pm
John 14:26
Now the Comforter which is the Holy Ghost whom the Father will send in my name HE shall teach you all things ....
John 16:8 And when HE is come ...
The Holy Spirit is a HE .
All manifestations of God should be labeled as He.
Really? Consider what you are implying here. A simple test of this would be to add the word "he" to every manifestation of God.

This would make the pillar of fire, the cloud, the water, the staff, the rock, the earth, the sun, the moon, the light, the writing, the voice, the decree, the plagues, the wisdom from above, the man, the woman, the stars, the day, the night, truth, righteousness, New Jerusalem, the blessing, and on and on and on, all would become a HE?

To sum it up, all things manifested of God are labeled a He. Instead of the one that manifested them being a He, the manifestations become a HE. One can only wonder what is next.

Now I need to go ponder why I formed a response. :crazyeyes:
If you are going to give the rock, staff, sun, light, etc. personalities...they would be masculine.

Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Post by Ironman »

Thanks Macca.

We know the Holy Spirit is here now and He will also remain on Earth during the tribulation. The Holy Spirit will be here during the tribulation, (Acts. 2:16-21; John 14:16; Zech. 12:10).

For you Hiltop.
The Bible also teaches a first and second coming of God the Father to the Earth? In Dan. 7:18-22 we have the fact that the Ancient of Days was coming to destroy the Antichrist. The Ancient of Days and the Son of man are two different persons, as proven in Dan. 7:9-14. If the Ancient of Days is not the Son of man, then He must be the Father. If He is the Father, then the Father is coming to the Earth when Christ comes. This is also proven in Zech. 14:5; Titus 2:11-13. We call this the first coming of the Father to the Earth to fulfil a mission. The Second Coming of the Father is at the end of the Millennium when the New Jerusalem, the capital city of God, comes from Heaven to the Earth to be among men forever, as stated in Rev. 21:1-21. This is the second time the Father is pictured in Scripture as coming to the Earth to fulfil a mission. This time He will be forever among men; and this planet, Earth, will be the site of His capital forever.

The Holy Spirit here now, the Father and Son return to destroy the Antichrist, that's three separate and distinct beings Hiltop.

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

Ironman

Post by Ironman »

Ironman wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:04 pm
Thanks Macca.

We know the Holy Spirit is here now and He will also remain on Earth during the tribulation. The Holy Spirit will be here during the tribulation, (Acts. 2:16-21; John 14:16; Zech. 12:10).

For you Hill top.
The Bible also teaches a first and second coming of God the Father to the Earth? In Dan. 7:18-22 we have the fact that the Ancient of Days was coming to destroy the Antichrist. The Ancient of Days and the Son of man are two different persons, as proven in Dan. 7:9-14. If the Ancient of Days is not the Son of man, then He must be the Father. If He is the Father, then the Father is coming to the Earth when Christ comes. This is also proven in Zech. 14:5; Titus 2:11-13. We call this the first coming of the Father to the Earth to fulfil a mission. The Second Coming of the Father is at the end of the Millennium when the New Jerusalem, the capital city of God, comes from Heaven to the Earth to be among men forever, as stated in Rev. 21:1-21. This is the second time the Father is pictured in Scripture as coming to the Earth to fulfil a mission. This time He will be forever among men; and this planet, Earth, will be the site of His capital forever.

The Holy Spirit here now, the Father and Son return to destroy the Antichrist, that's three separate and distinct beings Hill top.

Hill Top
Repent and Be Baptized in the Name of Jesus Christ Because of the Remission of Sins

Post by Hill Top »

Ironman wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:51 pm
Yes, Scripture plainly and clearly teaches,
1John 5:7, For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.

One in unity in all things.
"The Word was God", and "God is a Spirit".
They are all different manifestations of the Father.
But there is only one God.
It is written..."Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God is one Lord:" (Deut 6:4)
NOT... "Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God is THREE Lords:"

Hill Top

Post by Hill Top »

Ironman wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:04 pm
Thanks Macca.

For you Hiltop.

The Holy Spirit here now, the Father and Son return to destroy the Antichrist, that's three separate and distinct beings Hiltop.
They are three manifestations of one God.

Ironman

Post by Ironman »

Who are the three manifestations of one God?

John 1:1, In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
2, The same was in the beginning with God.
3, All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

John 1: 14, And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

The Father remained in Heaven while the Word, now Jesus was on the Earth. 18 times Jesus prayed while on the Earth, "My Father in Heaven. Jesus knew where the Father was, and the Father knew where Jesus was. Two beings in two bodies in two selperate places at the same time. When Jesus returned to the Father after His resurrection, He and the Father sent the Holy Spirit to the Earth. Two beings in Heaven, the Father, the Word who became flesh, now Jesus are in Heaven, and the Holy Spirit, sent by the Father and Jesus is now on the Earth.

One, plus One, Plus, One makes three in anyones language. The manifestation is in your head, put there by our adversary.

Matthew 12:V. 32, And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: BUT WHOSOEVER SPEAKETH AGAINST THE HOLY GHOST, IT SHALL NOT BE FORGIVEN HIM, NEITHER IN THIS WORLD, NEITHER IN THE WORLD TO COME.

I'll tell you up front, denying the Holy Spirit is a separate member of the Godhead, and is God, calling HIM a manifestation of the Father is blaspheming the Holy GhostHimself. I gave the scripture earlier which you seem to have ignored. Sadly there is no forgiveness for blaspheming the Holy Ghost.

luchnia
Shall Not He that Spared Not His Own Son Freely Give Us All Things?

Post by luchnia »

Ironman wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:25 am
I'll tell you up front, denying the Holy Spirit is a separate member of the Godhead, and is God, calling HIM a manifestation of the Father is blaspheming the Holy GhostHimself. I gave the scripture earlier which you seem to have ignored. Sadly there is no forgiveness for blaspheming the Holy Ghost.
In my opinion, this would not be blasphemy, but simple ignorance on his part. He would have to know the Holy Spirit in order to blaspheme against Him and since he is ignorant about who and what the Holy Spirit is, it would not equate to blasphemy. That is simply my opinion though and nothing more.

I do find it interesting why he does not research all the scriptures he has been given by you, me, and many others pertaining to the things he is in error about - the Godhead, Holy Spirit, water baptism, etc. After giving him many scriptures and realizing he is not going to research them, I chose to not give any more concerning the subjects we have already covered.

There is a chosen blindness and refusal of understanding. Why ignore all the scriptures and not put them to sound study to find out about God? Only an openness to God's enlightenment will change what a man sees within his heart.

Word up!

Hill Top

Post by Hill Top »

Ironman wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:25 am
Who are the three manifestations of one God?

John 1:1, In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
2, The same was in the beginning with God.
3, All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

John 1: 14, And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

The Father remained in Heaven while the Word, now Jesus was on the Earth. 18 times Jesus prayed while on the Earth, "My Father in Heaven. Jesus knew where the Father was, and the Father knew where Jesus was. Two beings in two bodies in two selperate places at the same time. When Jesus returned to the Father after His resurrection, He and the Father sent the Holy Spirit to the Earth. Two beings in Heaven, the Father, the Word who became flesh, now Jesus are in Heaven, and the Holy Spirit, sent by the Father and Jesus is now on the Earth.

One, plus One, Plus, One makes three in anyones language. The manifestation is in your head, put there by our adversary.

Matthew 12:V. 32, And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: BUT WHOSOEVER SPEAKETH AGAINST THE HOLY GHOST, IT SHALL NOT BE FORGIVEN HIM, NEITHER IN THIS WORLD, NEITHER IN THE WORLD TO COME.

I'm not going to argue the definition of blasphemy with you. but consider your accusation wrong.
I have never credited the devil with a work of God.
If you feel that you need to worship the Comforter...go right ahead.
Worshiping one "strand" of a "rope" seems like a redundancy to me.