Dake Bible Discussion BoardFor those who think Dake believed in Tri-theism

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Re: For those who think Dake believed in Tri-theism

Post by Ironman »

' Hiltop wrote, The Holy Ghost is a...portion, or appendage of God.'

Where do you get this lie from?

The Holy Ghost is always referred to as “he” or “him” in Scripture, so He is a person, a member of the Godhead.

Acts 5:3-4,

V. 3, But Peter said, Ananias, why hath Satan filled thine heart to lie to the Holy Ghost, and to keep back part of the price of the land?
V. 4, Whiles it remained, was it not thine own? and after it was sold, was it not in thine own power? why hast thou conceived this thing in thine heart? thou hast not lied unto men, but unto God.

Peter here said, Ananias lied to God. God the Holy Ghost.

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 »

John 14:26
Now the Comforter which is the Holy Ghost whom the Father will send in my name HE shall teach you all things ....

John 16:8 And when HE is come ...

The Holy Spirit is a HE .

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 »

:angel: :angel:
Ironman wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:17 pm

The Holy Ghost is always referred to as “he” or “him” in Scripture, so He is a person, a member of the Godhead.

V. 3, But Peter said, Ananias, why hath Satan filled thine heart to lie to the Holy Ghost, and to keep back part of the price of the land?
V. 4, Whiles it remained, was it not thine own? and after it was sold, was it not in thine own power? why hast thou conceived this thing in thine heart? thou hast not lied unto men, but unto God.

Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Post by Ironman »

branham1965 wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:23 pm
Now the Comforter which is the Holy Ghost whom the Father will send in my name HE shall teach you all things ....

Thats it Billy, :angel: :angel: :angel:

In my opinion denying the Holy Spirit is God is speaking against Him and is blasphemy.

Jesus said in Matthew 12:31-32;

V. 31, Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men.

V. 32, And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come.

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

Hill Top
He that Believeth Not Shall Be Damned

Post by Hill Top »

Ironman wrote:
Then you believe in more than one God.

Hill Top

Post by Hill Top »

branham1965 wrote:
All manifestations of God should be labeled as He.

Hill Top

Post by Hill Top »

Ironman wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:33 pm
branham1965 wrote:

Thats it Billy, :angel: :angel: :angel:

In my opinion denying the Holy Spirit is God is speaking against Him and is blasphemy.

Jesus said in Matthew 12:31-32;

V. 31, Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men.

V. 32, And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come.
Does this mean you are a "tri-theist"?

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

Ironman :angel: :angel: believes as Reverend Dake taught on this.

Reverend Dake always gave at least three Bible verses to prove his teaching and rightly divide the Word.

luchnia
Shall Not He that Spared Not His Own Son Freely Give Us All Things?

Post by luchnia »

Hill Top wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:56 pm
branham1965 wrote:
All manifestations of God should be labeled as He.
Really? Consider what you are implying here. A simple test of this would be to add the word "he" to every manifestation of God.

This would make the pillar of fire, the cloud, the water, the staff, the rock, the earth, the sun, the moon, the light, the writing, the voice, the decree, the plagues, the wisdom from above, the man, the woman, the stars, the day, the night, truth, righteousness, New Jerusalem, the blessing, and on and on and on, all would become a HE?

To sum it up, all things manifested of God are labeled a He. Instead of the one that manifested them being a He, the manifestations become a HE. One can only wonder what is next.

Now I need to go ponder why I formed a response. :crazyeyes:

Word up!

Ironman

Post by Ironman »

Hill Top wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:53 pm
Ironman wrote:
Then you believe in more than one God.
Yes, Scripture plainly andclearly teaches,

1John 5:7, For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.

One in unity inall things.