Dake Bible Discussion BoardFor those who think Dake believed in Tri-theism

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
bibleman
Administrator

Re: For those who think Dake believed in Tri-theism

Post by bibleman »

Hill Top wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:33 pm
bibleman wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:23 am
Do you think we should worship Jesus?
Yes, as He is the Word manifested in the flesh.
Do you think that after the Word was manifested in the flesh that the Word no longer resided in heaven?
Do you worship the Word, or is the Word supplanted by Christ Jesus?
If I understand you right you do NOT think you should worship the Holy Ghost because He is a gift.

Well... Jesus is ALSO a gift so why do you worship Jesus and NOT the Holy Ghost.

John 3:16 For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son...

God bless
Leon Bible

http://www.ministryhelps.com
http://www.dakebible.com
http://www.dakebibleboard.com
https://www.facebook.com/groups/DakeBibleDiscussion/

The fault in Bible complications is not with God or the Bible, but with men who refuse to believe what God says and think we have to interpret what He says in order to get the meaning. Dake Bible -Mark 11:17 note

Hill Top
Repent and Be Baptized in the Name of Jesus Christ Because of the Remission of Sins

Post by Hill Top »

Ironman wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 3:54 pm
Jesus was the Word.
John 1:14, And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

The Word is now Jesus Christ.
The Word gave up a lot to be manifested as Jesus.
I perceive the love He has/had for us, making it that much easier to remain obedient to Him.

Hill Top
Repent and Be Baptized in the Name of Jesus Christ Because of the Remission of Sins

Post by Hill Top »

bibleman wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:03 pm
If I understand you right you do NOT think you should worship the Holy Ghost because He is a gift.
There is one God, and the Holy Ghost descends from Him.
I worship the "Body", not the arm of the "Body".
Well... Jesus is ALSO a gift so why do you worship Jesus and NOT the Holy Ghost.
Much more than a gift.
Jesus was the Word, "the Word was with God and the Word was God". (John 1:1)

Do you worship the Comforter, which is given to the truly repentant?

Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Post by Ironman »

Hill Top wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:47 pm
Ironman wrote:
Jesus was the Word.
John 1:14, And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

I perceive the love He has/had for us, making it that much easier to remain obedient to Him.
Yes He humbled Himself and became a servant and obedient unto death,

Phil. 2:8 And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.

The Father restored Him to His former glory, all power and glory was restored to Him, and He was given a name far above every other name,

Matt. 28:18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.

Phil. 2:9-10, V. 9 Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:

V. 10, That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;
V. 11, And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

macca
Tarry Until Ye Be Endued With Power From On High

Post by macca »

It takes a lot to confuse me,, but,, Hilltop you have succeeded :crazyeyes: :shocked!: +hammer

luchnia
Shall Not He that Spared Not His Own Son Freely Give Us All Things?

Post by luchnia »

macca wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:12 am
It takes a lot to confuse me,, but,, Hilltop you have succeeded :crazyeyes: :shocked!: +hammer
You probably aren't confused. You just realize how confused he is. :shocked!: :mrgreen:

As each doctrine comes forward you see a lot of implicit meanings added to various context. This principle was what I was trying to point out in my earlier posts in various threads to see if he was open to rightly dividing God's word.

It is not all that uncommon really. Many erroneous doctrines are made up by implicitly adding something that does not belong in the context and does make for much confusion. It also keeps one closed minded from the "whole" of what is being taught.

If one implies something that the text does not teach and they continue to believe that then that becomes en-grafted into their way of learning all scripture and everything new learned will be a problem because of that "twist" that adding implied meaning brings. Even something as simple as adding a word or speaking the text verbally with different inflections can completely change the intended meaning.

Word up!

bibleman
Administrator

Post by bibleman »

Hill Top wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:56 pm
bibleman wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:03 pm
There is one God, and the Holy Ghost descends from Him.
I worship the "Body", not the arm of the "Body".
Much more than a gift.
Jesus was the Word, "the Word was with God and the Word was God". (John 1:1)

Do you worship the Comforter, which is given to the truly repentant?
Yes I worship, love and adore all three members of the Trinity. The Father and The Son and The Holy Ghost.

You said on Post by Hill Top » January 17th, 2019, 10:39 pm :
The Holy Ghost is a gift from God, (Acts 2:38), and I don't think we are to worship gifts.

Since Jesus is a gift and you say you worship Him... Then do you now disagree with your statement " I don't think we are to worship gifts" ?

God bless
Leon Bible

http://www.ministryhelps.com
http://www.dakebible.com
http://www.dakebibleboard.com
https://www.facebook.com/groups/DakeBibleDiscussion/

The fault in Bible complications is not with God or the Bible, but with men who refuse to believe what God says and think we have to interpret what He says in order to get the meaning. Dake Bible -Mark 11:17 note

Hill Top

Post by Hill Top »

Ironman wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:03 am
Hill Top wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:47 pm
Ironman wrote:
Jesus was the Word.

Yes He humbled Himself and became a servant and obedient unto death,

Phil. 2:8 And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.

The Father restored Him to His former glory, all power and glory was restored to Him, and He was given a name far above every other name,

Matt. 28:18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.

Phil. 2:9-10, V. 9 Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:

V. 10, That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;
V. 11, And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.
Amen to that, and thanks be to God.

Hill Top

Post by Hill Top »

macca wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:12 am
How, specifically?

Hill Top

Post by Hill Top »

bibleman wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:32 am
Yes I worship, love and adore all three members of the Trinity. The Father and The Son and The Holy Ghost.

You said on Post by Hill Top » January 17th, 2019, 10:39 pm :
The Holy Ghost is a gift from God, (Acts 2:38), and I don't think we are to worship gifts.

Since Jesus is a gift and you say you worship Him... Then do you now disagree with your statement " I don't think we are to worship gifts" ?
As I posted, Jesus is much more than a gift.
But I am not a tri-theist either.
Doesn't your belief lend itself to tri-theism?
Three different objects of worship?

Again, do you worship the Comforter?