Dake Bible Discussion BoardFor those who think Dake believed in Tri-theism

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Re: For those who think Dake believed in Tri-theism

Post by Ironman »

Hill Top wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:54 pm
branham1965 wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:47 pm
No offence meant here.

I do not believe God is any more than what He revealed He is in the Bible.

God the Father ,God the Son - the Lord Jesus Christ and God the Holy Ghost 1 John 5:7;Matthew 28:18-20,2 Corinthians 13:14.

Reverend Dake said on a recording on youtube... " No no one can go beyond what is written in the Bible...don't you let that little inquisitive mind get the better of you.."
He told an anonymous questioner ....don't be a baby all of your life... " you can have all the eternal security you want if you are just as persuaded as Paul was...you have to behave yourself...but you are not going to live a life of sin and get by..the Lord will help you if you give half a try ...now don't you get mad at me ...i will see you in the judgement...

He was all man.I never saw a chest like his.
I can't find "God the Son" or "God the Holy Ghost" in the bible?

Your not looking hard enough. 183 verses, "the Holy Ghost."

Luke 12:10
And whosoever shall speak a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but unto him that blasphemeth against the Holy Ghost it shall not be forgiven.

Luke 12:12
For the Holy Ghost shall teach you in the same hour what ye ought to say.

John 14:26
But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

And in Acts 5:3-4,

v 3, But Peter said, Ananias, why hath Satan filled thine heart to lie to the Holy Ghost, and to keep back part of the price of the land?
4, Whiles it remained, was it not thine own? and after it was sold, was it not in thine own power? why hast thou conceived this thing in thine heart? thou ast not lied unto men, BUT UNTO GOD.

Which God did Ananisas lie to/ God the Holy Ghost, thats who.

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

Hill Top
Repent and Be Baptized in the Name of Jesus Christ Because of the Remission of Sins

Post by Hill Top »

Ironman wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:57 pm

And whosoever shall speak a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but unto him that blasphemeth against the Holy Ghost it shall not be forgiven.

But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

v 3, But Peter said, Ananias, why hath Satan filled thine heart to lie to the Holy Ghost, and to keep back part of the price of the land?
4, Whiles it remained, was it not thine own? and after it was sold, was it not in thine own power? why hast thou conceived this thing in thine heart? thou hast not lied unto men, BUT UNTO GOD.

Which God?????
I worship one God.

While your Acts 5 verses lend themselves to the idea of a "God the Holy Ghost", the exact words "God the Holy Ghost" still do not appear in scripture.

Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Post by Ironman »

Hill Top wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:44 pm
Ironman wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:57 pm

4, Whiles it remained, was it not thine own? and after it was sold, was it not in thine own power? why hast thou conceived this thing in thine heart? thou hast not lied unto men, BUT UNTO GOD.

Which God?????
I worship one God.

While your Acts 5 verses lend themselves to the idea of a "God the Holy Ghost", the exact words "God the Holy Ghost" still do not appear in scripture.

WOW, I DONT BELIEVE THIS, ARE YOU A TRUE FOLLOWER OF CHRIST? So you dont think Peter was referring to God the Holy Ghost when he rebuked Ananias regarding the selling and price of the land, and after Ananias heard these words he fell down and died?

HATH SATAN FILLED THINE HEART TO LIE TO THE HOLY GHOST,

Peter here calls the Holy Ghost God. Do you know better than Peter?

THOU HAST NOT LIED UNTO MEN BUT UNTO GOD.

And Ananias hearing these words fell down, and gave up the ghost: and great fear came on all them that heard these things.

Get with the program Mr.
You worship who ever you like but the Holy Ghost is God as much as the Word who became flesh and the Father are God.

Matthew 28:19,
Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

1John 5:7
For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, AND THE HOLY GHOST: and these three are one. ("IN UNITY IN ALL THINGS")

One person cannot be three witnesses or bear record in Heaven, on Earth or anywhere in the universe, for thee persons.

DENYING THAT THE HOLY GHOST IS GOD IS BORDERING ON BLASPHEMY, in my opinion.

GOD THE FATHER, GOD THE SON, AND GOD THE HOLY GHOST.

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 »

Excellent posts Haz. Thank you mate. :angel: :angel:

luchnia
Shall Not He that Spared Not His Own Son Freely Give Us All Things?

Post by luchnia »

bibleman wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:36 pm
I have often thought about that... with the pea brain I have as well.
You know it is said that we only use about 10% of our brains. Not sure if that is true or not, but when it comes to what we know of God and the scriptures we have, it is my guess that it is so much more that we simply have NO clue of. We don't have any documentation from God on other planets, solar systems, galaxies, and so on.

The scripture in Isaiah that states something along the lines of the increase of His government being endless pretty much lets you know the expanse of what God encompasses has no end and it won't end with this earth. With all the endless universes being found now days the expanse is beyond our comprehension. What an amazing thought that there is NO end to it!

Just think, in the world tomorrow God might assign you a task that is a bazillion miles away from earth :mrgreen:

Word up!

Hill Top
Repent and Be Baptized in the Name of Jesus Christ Because of the Remission of Sins

Post by Hill Top »

Ironman wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:22 am
GOD THE FATHER, GOD THE SON, AND GOD THE HOLY GHOST.[/b]
You can reconfigure scripture all you want, but the phrase "God the Holy Ghost" is not in the bible.
With your reasoning, is there also a "God the Comforter"?

Ironman

Post by Ironman »

Hill Top wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:59 pm
Ironman wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:22 am
GOD THE FATHER, GOD THE SON, AND GOD THE HOLY GHOST.[/b]
You can reconfigure scripture all you want, but the phrase "God the Holy Ghost" is not in the bible.
With your reasoning, is there also a "God the Comforter"?
You are in denial. Scriptures that show that the Holy Spirit is God.
13. Acts 5:3-5 Peter asked, “Ananias, why has Satan filled your heart so that you should lie to the Holy Spirit and keep back some of the money you got for the land? As long as it remained unsold, wasn’t it your own? And after it was sold, wasn’t the money at your disposal? So how could you have thought of doing what you did? You didn’t lie only to men, but also to God!” When Ananias heard these words, he fell down and died. And great fear seized everyone who heard about it.

Hill Top

Post by Hill Top »

luchnia wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:22 am
The word "baroque" comes to my mind when thinking about this and seeing the misunderstanding of water baptism and now the misunderstanding of deity.

In a sense I can see the thought of a rope as far as strength of unity, yet what is recorded about the Holy Spirit being deity is another clear subject in Scripture that doesn't have to be confused.
Show a scripture that illustrates the deity of the Holy Spirit.
Or a scripture where the Holy Ghost is worshiped?

Hill Top

Post by Hill Top »

bibleman wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:23 am
Do you think we should worship Jesus?
Yes, as He is the Word manifested in the flesh.
Do you think that after the Word was manifested in the flesh that the Word no longer resided in heaven?
Do you worship the Word, or is the Word supplanted by Christ Jesus?

Ironman

Post by Ironman »

Hill Top wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:33 pm
bibleman wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:23 am
Do you think we should worship Jesus?
Yes, as He is the Word manifested in the flesh.
Do you think that after the Word was manifested in the flesh that the Word no longer resided in heaven?
Do you worship the Word, or is the Word supplanted by Christ Jesus?

Jesus was the Word.
John 1:14, And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

The Word is now Jesus Christ.