Dake Bible Discussion BoardFaith Follows Light (FFD:01/02)

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
Spiritblade Disciple
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Faith Follows Light (FFD:01/02)

Post by Spiritblade Disciple » Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:00 pm

Kenneth E. Hagin wrote:FAITH FOLLOWS LIGHT
The entrance of thy words giveth light . . . . — PSALM 119:130

As a teenager, I became bedfast. Medical science said I would die. Now, I’d heard the New Birth preached all my life. I knew what God’s will was concerning salvation. And when I came to the Lord while bedfast, I had no doubt that He would hear me. I had no lack of understanding along that line. Therefore, I had no doubt or unbelief concerning salvation. I received salvation, and I knew that I was saved.

But, I was still bedfast! I certainly had a lack of understanding of God’s Word concerning divine healing, prayer, and faith. About all I had ever heard preachers say about healing was, “Just leave it to the Lord. He knows best.” (Yes, but in His Word, God has made provision for us to have His best!).

In time, after much study of the Bible, I saw the exact steps I needed to take in prayer, and I saw just how to release my faith. Had I known these things earlier, I could have been off that bed months before I was. God didn’t have a certain “set time” to heal me. No! He’s the same every day! The trouble wasn’t with God or His willingness to heal me; the trouble was on my end of the line. As soon as I found out what God’s Word said about healing and acted upon it, I got results! As soon as light comes, faith is there.

Confession:
I will find out what God’s Word says, and I will act on it. I will get results. I will see to it that God’s Word finds entrance into my spirit. Light will come — and faith will follow.

— Hagin, Kenneth E. Faith Food Devotions. Faith Library Publications. Kindle Edition. January 2
Questions?
Thoughts?
Comments?
Agree?
Disagree?

SPIRITUAL SERVICE
I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service. — ROMANS 12:1

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Re: Faith Follows Light (FFD:01/02)

Post by branham1965 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:43 pm

Thanks for that Faith Food. :angel: :angel: :smilecolros:

Dad Hagin mentioned in the introduction to his Faith Food that "Most Christians feed their bodies three hot meals a day and one cold snack a week and wonder why they are weak in faith." He quoted F.F.Bosworth there.
I remember when they came in small books for each season of the year.

macca
Dake VIP Member
Dake VIP Member

Post by macca » Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:33 pm

I have the leather bound one containing the 4 that was gifted to me by Hagin Ministries.
Bragging now.....lol

luchnia
He that will Love Life, and See Good Days, Let Him Eschew Evil

Post by luchnia » Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:51 am

Spiritblade Disciple wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:00 pm
Kenneth E. Hagin wrote:FAITH FOLLOWS LIGHT
The entrance of thy words giveth light . . . . — PSALM 119:130

As a teenager, I became bedfast. Medical science said I would die. Now, I’d heard the New Birth preached all my life. I knew what God’s will was concerning salvation. And when I came to the Lord while bedfast, I had no doubt that He would hear me. I had no lack of understanding along that line. Therefore, I had no doubt or unbelief concerning salvation. I received salvation, and I knew that I was saved.

But, I was still bedfast! I certainly had a lack of understanding of God’s Word concerning divine healing, prayer, and faith. About all I had ever heard preachers say about healing was, “Just leave it to the Lord. He knows best.” (Yes, but in His Word, God has made provision for us to have His best!).

In time, after much study of the Bible, I saw the exact steps I needed to take in prayer, and I saw just how to release my faith. Had I known these things earlier, I could have been off that bed months before I was. God didn’t have a certain “set time” to heal me. No! He’s the same every day! The trouble wasn’t with God or His willingness to heal me; the trouble was on my end of the line. As soon as I found out what God’s Word said about healing and acted upon it, I got results! As soon as light comes, faith is there.

Confession:
I will find out what God’s Word says, and I will act on it. I will get results. I will see to it that God’s Word finds entrance into my spirit. Light will come — and faith will follow.

— Hagin, Kenneth E. Faith Food Devotions. Faith Library Publications. Kindle Edition. January 2
Questions?
Thoughts?
Comments?
Agree?
Disagree?
I often think about how God's word enlightens us and I wonder in amazement how some people simply cannot get that light from it. That is when you wish you could simply pour God's word into their heart and the light could come on.

It is so amazing when the richness of a concept comes through and the "light" bulb in our spirit comes on in us. Speaking the word out to our ears and then it gets into our hearts, manifest light comes when the Word becomes alive unto us through our action. It no longer is written, but living WORD. I like to call it Word Alive!

Hagin's testimony about his sickness is rather amazing. I don't recall it all, but I seem to remember him saying a pastor came there and basically getting him and his mother prepped for his death. Hagin refused to accept any of it because of something he read in God's word. Hagin stood on that promise before God.

If I am not mistaken Hagin told the pastor to get out, which in many cases is the best thing to do to the faithless! I bet that was quite a scene with his mother preparing for his death and Hagin was simply refusing any such thing. Simply get the faithless and doubtful out of the way so faith through God's word can reign.

Dake has a similar story about seeking out a man with faith to pray for a dying woman that the doctors had given up on, as the ones there praying did not have faith for the lady's healing. Dake went all over and finally found a young boy that Dake believed had the faith required. I think it is in Bible Truths Unmasked, but I don't remember exactly.

I have quite a number of Hagin's books, yet out of all of them, I think his testimony is most interesting. He does have quite a few "gold nuggets" scattered throughout his books.

Word up!

luchnia
He that will Love Life, and See Good Days, Let Him Eschew Evil

Post by luchnia » Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:59 am

branham1965 wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:43 pm
Thanks for that Faith Food. :angel: :angel: :smilecolros:

Dad Hagin mentioned in the introduction to his Faith Food that "Most Christians feed their bodies three hot meals a day and one cold snack a week and wonder why they are weak in faith." He quoted F.F.Bosworth there.
I remember when they came in small books for each season of the year.
You made me think of how folks will stuff their faces day-in and day-out and will not stuff their spirits with food that is worth having.

In the part of the US I live in folks over stuff their faces with too much food and yet they cannot see their spirits are starving.

A man should not spend time wondering why he is weak in faith, but should spend time doing something about the weakness!

Word up!